The Ultimate Cord Cutting Guide (merged)

For Youtube TV subscribers...if you DVR a show, do you have to watch the commercials when you are watching the show later? Currently have Hulu Live and think it is BS you have to watch commericals on a recorded show.
If you are otherwise happy with Hulu, there is a small up charge you can pay for the DVR upgrade which allows you to FF through commercials.

If you are otherwise happy with Hulu, there is a small up charge you can pay for the DVR upgrade which allows you to FF through commercials.

I haven't been too happy so far. I get a lot of buffering especially when watching live sports and was reading it is likely an issue with my firestick. That plus the required commercials in a recorded show kinda turned me off of them. My wife needs to finish handmaids and then I will give YouTube a try. I mainly watch sports (UT mostly), but might just go back to watching games at bars/friends houses and save the $70 something a month.

I haven't been too happy so far. I get a lot of buffering especially when watching live sports and was reading it is likely an issue with my firestick. That plus the required commercials in a recorded show kinda turned me off of them. My wife needs to finish handmaids and then I will give YouTube a try. I mainly watch sports (UT mostly), but might just go back to watching games at bars/friends houses and save the $70 something a month.
I use the Roku interface and have been very happy. My internet is pretty reliable.

I had the old firebox and was told that to get a non-buffered solution, I needed to upgrade to the stick. I did. Still buffers Hulu and I have a HYOOGE Internet pipe so the issue is with Hulu on Prime.

I think.

Reactions: volkyries
Question:
I have a house in FL and TN. Spend the most time in TN. Does anyone know how often you can turn off n on UTube TV??? Two internet bills and UTube is expensive :(

Question:
I have a house in FL and TN. Spend the most time in TN. Does anyone know how often you can turn off n on UTube TV??? Two internet bills and UTube is expensive :(

Are you talking about paying for two different YouTube TV subscriptions? You can activate and deactivate it whenever you want, I think your login should work in both locations as well. As far as two internet bills, you should just get a mobile hotspot with unlimited data and turn it on when you’re in Florida, no sense in paying for internet all the time.

I posted this in the YoutubeTV thread on the main board but it may be of interest to anybody following this thread.

All these channels and more are working on the Kodi "Crew" addon, including the SEC Network and the main ESPN channels. They also carry most of the individual games with links that go live within the hour of kickoff. Crew/IPTV/USTVGO for the full lineup.

• ABC News Live
  • Disney Channel
  • Disney Junior
  • Disney XD
  • Freeform
  • FX
  • FXX
  • FXM
  • National Geographic
  • National Geographic Wild
  • ESPN
  • ESPN2
  • ESPNU
  • ESPNEWS
  • SEC Network
  • ACC Network
  • Big Ten Network
For movies and TV there is a lot of 4K content including Disney+ and AppleTV. You will have a wider access to the on demand menu and will benefit greatly from a $3/mo subscription to real-debrid(dot)com, this is a good investment and works across all Kodi addons. This is all perfectly legal, regardless of what you've been told, and you don't need a VPN as real-debrid is basically its own VPN portal.

There is a follow up post re: the legality of using 3rd party apps to stream copyrighted content.... that is still legal in the US. Where people get confused is all the talk about "illegal 3rd party addons" for Kodi, it is the developers of those apps and the act of streaming the content that is illegal but thats where it ends. Its only the providers the law is concerned with, not users so ignore all this talk about illegal apps, thats directed at an international audience, not residents of the good ole USA.

Leaning Hulu at this point just to bundle it with the Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+ bundle I already have

Waiting for Disney to pull out of Hulu next so that way the only way to watch live sports is to lock yourself into some awful contract with a cable company

VN Store

Back