The Ultimate Cord Cutting Guide (merged)

Technically there is no such thing as a HDTV Antenna. That's just marketing hype to jump on the HD bandwagon the technology is still the same as the antennas manufactured years ago.

Depending on how for you are from the stations transmitter old fashioned rabbit ears will work just fine.
This is true, but long distance antennas are much more compact than they used to be, and you better be in a major city to pick up more than a couple channels with rabbit ears.

Finally did it today. Got 50 mbps from att for 40 a month a sling tv blue with dvr for 30 a month saving about 80 a month.

Reactions: 3 people
Looks like DirecTV Now is experiencing massive issues right now. People everywhere having issues and DTV/AT&T is completely silent.

My YouTubeTV is running perfectly as usual. It’s by far the best option.

Everything came back around 10:30. That's the first problem I've had since signing up. I still like the DTV Now bundle vs the the others, but going to be interesting to see how the skinny bundle war shakes out between DTV, Sling, Youtube, Hulu etc. Seems like there's a tweak it a new service popping up every time I turn around.

Didn't look to me like they had quite as good a selection of channels as some others. They're all works in progress though.

Yeah, it is lacking IMO. I probably hate it because it doesn't work on PS4 and doesn't work well at all on fire TV and sticks.

The updated direct TV now app is excellent.

I had forgotten that I received an email from them yesterday about the update and I went and got it. You were not kidding. Major improvements to the Guide and DVR functionality.

I had forgotten that I received an email from them yesterday about the update and I went and got it. You were not kidding. Major improvements to the Guide and DVR functionality.

Like night and day

They updated the Amazon fire devices today and I'm so impressed with it. The good thing about cord cutting is that I was easily able to cancel PSVue and jump over to DTVN with no issue

I'm splitting YouTube TV among a few family members. Ends up being streaming cable costing me $10 per month.

Roku has a new free app called Pluto tv. It has over 100 live streaming channels and 1000 movies. I've been using Sling, but will only carry it during football season now (Pluto doesn't carry ESPN or sec network).

Roku has a new free app called Pluto tv. It has over 100 live streaming channels and 1000 movies. I've been using Sling, but will only carry it during football season now (Pluto doesn't carry ESPN or sec network).

It’s free?

Price hikes across the board for all the streaming services. Still makes sense for me to have it, but if it gets much higher may go back to traditional cable.

Reactions: 1 person
Price hikes across the board for all the streaming services. Still makes sense for me to have it, but if it gets much higher may go back to traditional cable.

I’m so glad I got grandfathered in with Directv Now

VN Store

Back