The Ultimate Cord Cutting Guide (merged)

Anyone else in Knoxville with Vue has terrible performance on CBS?

I don't really have problems on any channels but WVLT. It'll pause, stutter, buffer frequently. It may play 10-15 minutes without a problem and then it acts up for awhile. Usually it does it immediately. I can go to any other channel and they are fine. It's strange.

Anyone else in Knoxville with Vue has terrible performance on CBS?

I don't really have problems on any channels but WVLT. It'll pause, stutter, buffer frequently. It may play 10-15 minutes without a problem and then it acts up for awhile. Usually it does it immediately. I can go to any other channel and they are fine. It's strange.

We don't even get CBS on Vue here (Birmingham). We don't get any locals. DTV Now carries the ABC and NBC locals but that's it.

We get CBS here in Savannah, but no other local channels. Every now and then it says it’s not authorized, which is a little weird.

Looking to try Youtube TV - they carry all the locals in Birmingham

My experience has been great so far over nearly a month. The only channel I've noticed that I might like having, but don't have, is Comedy Central, but that's not a big deal. I bought a new Roku Streaming Stick that supports the YouTube TV app, so it works great and I have an older Streaming Stick in my bedroom that I just cast to from my phone or iPad, which works well too.

My experience has been great so far over nearly a month. The only channel I've noticed that I might like having, but don't have, is Comedy Central, but that's not a big deal. I bought a new Roku Streaming Stick that supports the YouTube TV app, so it works great and I have an older Streaming Stick in my bedroom that I just cast to from my phone or iPad, which works well too.

How frequently do you have buffering, quality issues, drop-outs?

Comes and goes on Vue (freezing) and DTV Now (quality reduction but not much freezing)

How frequently do you have buffering, quality issues, drop-outs?

Comes and goes on Vue (freezing) and DTV Now (quality reduction but not much freezing)

Honestly, I haven't had one single issue. My internet is Charter (Spectrum) 60mbps. No lag, no buffering, and the clarity/quality is top notch.

Reactions: 1 person
I have terrible buffering on my tv in the bedroom (WiFi). The tv in the living room is hard wired in via Ethernet and is crystal clear. Pisses me off

I have terrible buffering on my tv in the bedroom (WiFi). The tv in the living room is hard wired in via Ethernet and is crystal clear. Pisses me off

my bedroom doesn't get a great signal (TWSS) - add to that an Amazon Fire Stick which is underpowered and it's a mess.

Looking to try Youtube TV - they carry all the locals in Birmingham

Why not just get a HDTV antenna and pick up locals over the air? We get locals on directvnow (dumped Vue) and still get a higher quality HD signal than my old Dish service for the big 4 plus 30 other ota channels.

It was like $40 bucks on amazon. I even mounted it to the same mast that the Dish antenna was mounted to.

What do you dislike about the firestick? I've had mine for 6 months and it is fantastic, it has been jail broke though.

I've got a JB/Kodie Fire TV (not stick) and it's much more responsive than the stick.

What do you dislike about the firestick? I've had mine for 6 months and it is fantastic, it has been jail broke though.

slow and not good with a weak wifi signal.

my smart TV will stream Netflix, Hulu, Amazon without issue while the Firestick is constantly freezing.

I have the FireTV box on another TV and it's not only much faster at pulling up the guide, etc but it is better at holding the wifi signal

Why not just get a HDTV antenna and pick up locals over the air? We get locals on directvnow (dumped Vue) and still get a higher quality HD signal than my old Dish service for the big 4 plus 30 other ota channels.

It was like $40 bucks on amazon. I even mounted it to the same mast that the Dish antenna was mounted to.

I do that but it's not consistent - Birmingham is very hilly and even though I'm relatively close to the top of the ridge it's not always consistent reception. No reason not to switch streaming service to get them IMHO.

slow and not good with a weak wifi signal.

my smart TV will stream Netflix, Hulu, Amazon without issue while the Firestick is constantly freezing.

I have the FireTV box on another TV and it's not only much faster at pulling up the guide, etc but it is better at holding the wifi signal

I don't have any trouble with the signal, but I am at the top of a hill. I also don't watch much on tv, but sports.

Technically there is no such thing as a HDTV Antenna. That's just marketing hype to jump on the HD bandwagon the technology is still the same as the antennas manufactured years ago.

Depending on how for you are from the stations transmitter old fashioned rabbit ears will work just fine.

VN Store

Back