The Ultimate Cord Cutting Guide (merged)

Sling has kept the same price, but decreased the # of channels. They used to have 100+ channels for the two packages together. Now it’s 50-something.

I had YouTube, but dropped them when they raised the price. Already had the Disney bundle, so went with HULU (same price as YouTube with the bundle included).

340888462_733525321834971_3476262409070329423_n.jpg

Why is it higher on YTTV than it was on DirecTV?

Under DIRECTV, a basic NFL Sunday Ticket subscription cost $293.94 per season. The satellite TV provider also offered a higher-tiered NFL Sunday Ticket package—called NFL Sunday Ticket MAX—for $395.94 per season. This premium plan came equipped with DIRECTV’s RED ZONE CHANNEL and FANTASY ZONE network.

I'm thinking about cutting the cord. I'm looking at YTTV at $73 per month. What is your biggest gripe about YTTV?

I'm thinking about cutting the cord. I'm looking at YTTV at $73 per month. What is your biggest gripe about YTTV?
Hard to say, it is an excellent service. I guess I'd say it seems they've raised the price a couple times in the past couple years and it seems they lose channels instead of add them. That being said they still have everything I need/want.

Reactions: Danl
Hard to say, it is an excellent service. I guess I'd say it seems they've raised the price a couple times in the past couple years and it seems they lose channels instead of add them. That being said they still have everything I need/want.
The price increase is the only real downside for me. It's by far the best streaming service I've used

What will you be using for the Internet part?

I periodically price the cost of Internet alone + streaming that carries what we want, and the ever-increasing package cost still comes out ahead.

Reactions: tbwhhs
What will you be using for the Internet part?

I periodically price the cost of Internet alone + streaming that carries what we want, and the ever-increasing package cost still comes out ahead.

I've got fiber to the house, so pretty fast for about $55/month. I need the internet connection whether I have streaming tv or cable.

Nothing much to complain about I love that you can record as many things as you want. My one complaint as I haven't gotten to watch a regular season Braves game since they don't carry Bally Sports but that's about it.

I would have subbed YTTV a while back but they don't have History and Science channel so I'm stuck with Spectrum for the meantime. Navigation is fine, the DVR is a great feature, and the image quality is far superior to cable. (BTW Spectrum your streaming app sucks!) My son has had YTTV for about 5 years and he loves it, he recently showed me this feature I didn't know they had. I can remember when the hardware to do this level of multiplexing cost $20k.

IMG_0118.jpg

Reactions: Danl and VolNExile
The carriage dispute with Bally’s Sports is annoying, but Bally’s has pulled the same stunt with nearly every streaming service.

I would have subbed YTTV a while back but they don't have History and Science channel so I'm stuck with Spectrum for the meantime. Navigation is fine, the DVR is a great feature, and the image quality is far superior to cable. (BTW Spectrum your streaming app sucks!) My son has had YTTV for about 5 years and he loves it, he recently showed me this feature I didn't know they had. I can remember when the hardware to do this level of multiplexing cost $20k.

View attachment 556442
Look into the streaming service Frndly to supplement YTTV. It has several channels that YTTV doesn't including History Channel.

Reactions: volfan4evr
The carriage dispute with Bally’s Sports is annoying, but Bally’s has pulled the same stunt with nearly every streaming service.
It's been the worst part of the cord cutting experience for us. We have used it since way back in the PS Vue days and the MLB licensing has been the biggest PITA for me. We recently moved over to FUBO and enjoy it since it has Ballys.

Reactions: Toujours Pret
It's been the worst part of the cord cutting experience for us. We have used it since way back in the PS Vue days and the MLB licensing has been the biggest PITA for me. We recently moved over to FUBO and enjoy it since it has Ballys.

Any drawbacks to FUBO?

I'm currently rocking a trial of DirectTV Stream since they carry Bally and The Braves, but I don't love the interface and navigation.

If YTTV had their stuff straightened out with the MLB I would likely stick to them year round instead of cutting them off during the summer like we've done the past couple years to get our baseball fix.

Any drawbacks to FUBO?

I'm currently rocking a trial of DirectTV Stream since they carry Bally and The Braves, but I don't love the interface and navigation.

If YTTV had their stuff straightened out with the MLB I would likely stick to them year round instead of cutting them off during the summer like we've done the past couple years to get our baseball fix.
cant share your account outside of your home. With YTTV I have my dad, oldest daughter, and a friend on my YTTV account and it is legitly shared. Fubo does have a trial as well, so check it out. I hated DTV streaming about ten minutes into that service.

Reactions: duckman398686
I have YTTV and like it. One of the quirks with it is when you record something and have to stop watching the playback if you don't finish watching it that day, it won't pickup where you left off the previous time. You have to fast forward or skip to the part you stopped at. Other than not having MLB I am okay with it. YTTV has the best streaming.

I'm a complete novice with all this streaming. But seriously considering cutting the cord.

Going to go with YTTV and Frndly.

My question, as I'm technically challenged. How do you watch different channels on YTTV on different TVs?

Do you have to log into your YTTV account on which ever TV you're watching?

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
FInally finished the new house, now AT&T is telling us it'll be at least a month before they can move our service because the postal service doesn't list our new address in the database.
WOW and Comcast can have service in a few days, so looks like we will switch for internet service.
We're looking for 0.5 gig or faster.
Anybody have + or - about either service?
We're in west Knoxville

I switched to Fubo so I can watch Rangers games. Bally Sports is annoying

Just cancelled Directv to go with YouTube TV. I'd still like to have an antennae set up for when the wifi is slow. The last one I tried was a dud.
Any advice on a good one that will work indoors?

So I just did this switch myself. My only complaint is, I'm a Braves fan and YouTubeTV doesn't carry Bally sports so I have to find alternate ways to watch them.

VN Store

Back