The reason we should hold off on coaching change

The answer to that would be NO! Actually I drive to St. Louis many times a year to see the Cardinals so I appreciate your analogy :cool::cool:. My wife was on staff at Memphis in the 70's administratively and my daughter was on Joy Lee's staff in women's basketball but I have never really been a Memphis Tiger fan. I remember one occasion I went to my wife's office for something and the secretary out front had literally hundreds of football tickets to a Florida State/Memphis game- trying to give them away. I shall never forget that!

I understand. I am from Bartlett. :)

Reactions: tennrich1
I do agree with what you are saying but I sure hope and prey that the players we recruit never stoop to the point of ever reading or believing what is on these message boards. These boards are full of want to be or never have beans that think they know more about coaching and playing then the full coaching staffs and players of all the current P5 programs together.

Oh....we've all had beans. They're good for the heart.

It’s not all about the money either. If we fire Pruitt now our current recruiting class falls apart and the next guy gets 2 weeks to put together a patchwork class before the 16th and further sets back the rebuild. Let’s at least get these guys signed and go from there.

According to rivals if you average every year from 2010-2020, Tennessee averages the 13th class in the nation. That’s with three different coaches, as I said, Tennessee recruits for itself.

13th in the nation isn't going to cut it. So far Pruitt's recruiting is behind Butch's.

It’s not all about the money either. If we fire Pruitt now our current recruiting class falls apart and the next guy gets 2 weeks to put together a patchwork class before the 16th and further sets back the rebuild. Let’s at least get these guys signed and go from there.

It doesn't matter, the NCAA will probably grant a 1 time free transfer in January.

2 classes. All freshmen and sophomores, 2018 class was hold it together class and CBJ recruits.

2018 class is on him. He had 3 months to run people off (hello, Penix) or sign who he wanted. Everyone he signed was a player he elected to take. Good lord at the length you'll go to for excuses.

Jeremy Pruitt is responsible for and accountable for three recruiting classes. There are 5 recruiting classes of players there now.

Reactions: hog88
I'm one who tends to give coaches plenty of time. I stayed in with Butch longer than was warranted. And, I do believe Pruitt coaches out this year and in to the next one. But next year is critical. If the team struggles early, I believe he's gone.

Yet another coaching search sucks at this point. Who will want to come here? Past evidence shows that no big time coach will take this job. But, if Pruitt struggles yet again in to next year, he's clearly not the man for the job. And that sucks. I thought we has a good recruiter, game time coach, and player developer. He's proving me wrong.

I keep hearing no big time coach would take this job. Any coach who is available would take ut if the pay is right. Of course no successful coach is going to be available. What big time coach have we really offered a good pay to that have turned us down?? Right now coaches who are probably available for the right money are Freeze, Urban, and Bob Stoops. I think we could get any of these with the right money and the right contract. Get any three of these and give them time and they will produce a winning team. If we are not going after a proven winner, we don't even need to change until buyout period is over for Pruitt.

Yep and he'll pull a Butch and take it easy by denying several DC jobs that would offset our cost. Probably crawl back to Saban as an analyst for $20,000 yr. But in all seriousness, if you look at his recent interviews, he has the body language of someone who doesnt enjoy this anymore (or at least right now) and is defeated. Almost wish he'd be a man about it and say "Hey this isnt for me" and leave to go back to Bama.
He has no offset in his contract, how do you know different?

We have boosters who can cut a check for that amount without even making a dent in their liquid assets.
Having boosters that can write a check and having boosters that are willing to write a check for this poop show are two entirely different things.

CLK did pretty well with 2 former walk-ons starting on the O-line.
Exactly. Not a Kiffin jock sniffer but you want to see coaches get the most of their talent, look at the 2009 staff. That is the only time in the last 20 years I thought a coaching staff was maximizing their talent.

Reactions: John Wick
He has no offset in his contract, how do you know different?

🤔........if you read down about 2 more posts you would see that someone said that about the offset and I immediately replied "for real!!!! How dumb is that that the contract was assembled that way!!!"(paraphrase)........then I thanked the person for bringing it to my attention. 🙄

Here is the deal. We need to give Coach JP 2 more years to show what he can do with his recruits and to show his coaching acumen with players that actually match up with the beasts of the SEC. We will see that in the next 2 years, as we have been getting not only good recruiting classes, but players that match the style that we want to play. Any coaching change now would be senseless and pointless.

The main reason we can wait 2 years is the following:
1. In 2 years, Steve Sarkisian will be ready to be a coach at any Power 5 school of his choosing. He proved this past weekend he can coach with Saban not able to coach. Alabama's offense is humming like never before. Steve Sarkisian is the real deal

2. Hugh Freeze has already said he is not interested in the South Carolina job and for sure would not go to Vanderbilt. That means in 2 years, Hugh Freeze will still be available as a candidate.

If CJP doesn't work out the next 2 years, we should bring the Brinks truck and offer whatever either Sarkisian or Freeze ask for. Let's hope it doesn't come to that and we are giving a substantial extension to CJP.

We can already see what he wants to do. Ain't working and won't with his guy's

Look, I know y'all are disagreeing with the OP about giving JP two more years, but let's look at this objectively for a moment:

There is literally no way on God's green Earth that Jeremy Pruitt deserves to be the head coach at Tennessee for even one more second. He should've been fired while I was typing this. If I type the next sentence and he's still not fired, it's too late. There, it happened again. Is he fired yet?

Nope. Try typing slower.

Here is the deal. We need to give Coach JP 2 more years to show what he can do with his recruits and to show his coaching acumen with players that actually match up with the beasts of the SEC. We will see that in the next 2 years, as we have been getting not only good recruiting classes, but players that match the style that we want to play. Any coaching change now would be senseless and pointless.

The main reason we can wait 2 years is the following:
1. In 2 years, Steve Sarkisian will be ready to be a coach at any Power 5 school of his choosing. He proved this past weekend he can coach with Saban not able to coach. Alabama's offense is humming like never before. Steve Sarkisian is the real deal

2. Hugh Freeze has already said he is not interested in the South Carolina job and for sure would not go to Vanderbilt. That means in 2 years, Hugh Freeze will still be available as a candidate.

If CJP doesn't work out the next 2 years, we should bring the Brinks truck and offer whatever either Sarkisian or Freeze ask for. Let's hope it doesn't come to that and we are giving a substantial extension to CJP.
1 : we’ve seen plenty of what he can (can’t) do with his players
2: Sark has nothing to do with whether we should fire Pruitt
3:Freeze knows he is getting better offers than SC or Vandy.
So no we don’t need 2 more years of this crap.
We will probably have it though

Seats were section V. I didn't opt for a parking pass, as I had a corporate spot in Dwight Kessel and just walked over, much easier to avoid traffic over there.

You want to see a copy of my credit card statement as well to show payment in full?
Your seats were pretty good, we’re kin those are big money, you’ll soon wish you still had them.

The Vols absolutely cannot from a financial standpoint afford a coaching change. The UT Athletic Department will be almost $40 million dollars short due to the virus effects. We are still paying Butch Jones and at present Coach Pruitt has a buy out package of some $13 million....folks it ain't going to happen with those financial numbers. In two more years Pruitt will have the players to compete and will have the program headed in the right direction. If you were a potential recruit would you choose the Vols with all the negative comments that appear here daily?
I wish All you ,” the University can’t afford “ crowd would take a class in Big Boy Football 101 and learn what Boosters do.
Your wanting to keep the reason all the negative comments appear here, thinking somehow that he magically becomes competent in the future

The Vols absolutely cannot from a financial standpoint afford a coaching change. The UT Athletic Department will be almost $40 million dollars short due to the virus effects. We are still paying Butch Jones and at present Coach Pruitt has a buy out package of some $13 million....folks it ain't going to happen with those financial numbers. In two more years Pruitt will have the players to compete and will have the program headed in the right direction. If you were a potential recruit would you choose the Vols with all the negative comments that appear here daily?

Gamecock athletics facing $58 million shortfall due to coronavirus

Will Muschamp gets $13 million parting gift with South Carolina firing

Seats were section V. I didn't opt for a parking pass, as I had a corporate spot in Dwight Kessel and just walked over, much easier to avoid traffic over there.

You want to see a copy of my credit card statement as well to show payment in full?
I'm impressed you answered his inane yet condescending questions.

We really need to see 5 years of past tax returns though🤣

VN Store

Back