The Last of Us Series (HBO)

Only betas are insecure about **** like this.

Your list is stupid. Your counting Reily as a boss shows how unhinged you are. Maria is not in charge. She is one of the community leaders.

The show told you explicitly what it thinks about the need for masculine men with Bill's letter to Joel, so you can focus on that and don't have to be so offended.

Calling it out doesnt = insecurity. I know thats always the go to response from people like you "Youre just being insecure". No, Im just telling the truth about modern movies and TV shows. The Last of Us is no different. Its a trend thats been happening for the last decade or more.

Maria IS in charge, despite that 2 second blip where she said "no one person is in charge". That was just her attempt at humility but it was quite obvious to everyone that shes in charge. While we are told that Jackson is governed by community leaders, out of all those community leaders, who did the show choose to focus on? Maria. Nearly all the men in this show so far are lapdogs, yes men, or weak crybabies.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Only betas are insecure about **** like this.

Your list is stupid. Your counting Reily as a boss shows how unhinged you are. Maria is not in charge. She is one of the community leaders.

The show told you explicitly what it thinks about the need for masculine men with Bill's letter to Joel, so you can focus on that and don't have to be so offended.
Actually its the opposite. Betas eat this sh!t up and celebrate it.

Calling it out doesnt = insecurity. I know thats always the go to response from people like you "Youre just being insecure". No, Im just telling the truth about modern movies and TV shows. The Last of Us is no different. Its a trend thats been happening for the last decade or more.

Maria IS in charge, despite that 2 second blip where she said "no one person is in charge". That was just her attempt at humility but it was quite obvious to everyone that shes in charge. While we are told that Jackson is governed by community leaders, out of all those community leaders, who did the show choose to focus on? Maria. Nearly all the men in this show so far are lapdogs, yes men, or weak crybabies.

For those here who don't have patience listening to minorities, women, or queer folk cry about representation, just remember we saw a dude on VN cry about masculine male representation on The Last of Us.

IDK how anybody can come away from your last post thinking you don't feel your masculinity is "threatened" (a word you used).

It showed the focus on Maria because Maria is married to Joel's brother, FFS. You're ignoring dialog and concluding she is the leader because of screen time she gets because she's related to the leading man (none of the other council members are). I'm just going off her wiki profile that says she's a council member.

What I'm wondering is why it had to be a brother for Joel. Couldn't they have given him a gay sister?

Maria Miller (HBO series)

Last edited:
Reactions: VolsSportsFan
People complaining that men aren't running everything in a fantasy show about a zombie fungus. The grievances of straight males continue. We're so put upon..

The exception to the rule doesn't make it the rule though and the creators of this show have decided to make it the rule, at least through the first 7 episodes. It's ridiculously one-sided...

Tess - boss b_tch in charge
Marlene - boss b_tch in charge (and her 2nd in command on top of that)
Kathleen - boss b_tch in charge
Maria - boss b_tch in charge
Reily - would've been a boss b_tch in charge had she not been bitten.

Where the hell are the MEN in this show? It's a typically modern "woke" show where ALL the women are portrayed as super strong, super in charge, and all the men are nothing more than background fodder and weak crybabies. Even Joel, compared to the game has been written much weaker and more vulnerable. If you can't see this, you're blind.

Wake up! Masculinity IS being threatened.
God this is perfect satire...except you are actually serious

This episode was the same as episode 3 why make the same episode twice?

This episode was the same as episode 3 why make the same episode twice?

How is it the same at all? Because gay backstory? One episode was about how a clever guy made a good life for himself in the apocalypse and this episode was about the most important day in Ellie's life.

IDK anybody who liked episode 7 and IDK anybody IRL who didn't like episode 3.

Reactions: Behr
How is it the same at all? Because gay backstory? One episode was about how a clever guy made a good life for himself in the apocalypse and this episode was about the most important day in Ellie's life.

Yeah I agree 100%.

Soup is good food tho.

Reactions: n_huffhines

I haven't watch 7 yet, but I would imagine this will be me. I know what 7 is about, I played the DLC. It explains Ellie's backstory.

Episode 3 was pointless and served no purpose whatsoever.

I haven't watch 7 yet, but I would imagine this will be me. I know what 7 is about, I played the DLC. It explains Ellie's backstory.

Episode 3 was pointless and served no purpose whatsoever.

The whole reason we are here is for storytelling. What does it even mean to call it pointless? It made lots of points.

Episode 7 was dissatisfacotory because it dragged. Should've been 15 minutes of an episode, not an entire episode.

Last edited:
Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
The whole reason we are here is for storytelling. What does it even mean to call it pointless? It made lots of points.

Episode was 7 was dissatisfacotory because it dragged. Should've been 15 minutes of an episode, not an entire episode.
Same arguments for episode 3 only with episode 3 we could've had great back and forth between Ellie and Frank

Episode was 7 was dissatisfacotory because it dragged. Should've been 15 minutes of an episode, not an entire episode.

Pointless in that it contributed basically nothing to the overall story. It's just showed a love story between couple of side characters, it was basically a spin off.

But we've beaten that to death at this point. I'll be watching 7 tomorrow night. I'm sure I'll enjoy it because I liked the DLC.

Same arguments for episode 3 only with episode 3 we could've had great back and forth between Ellie and Frank

I think if I polled everybody I know IRL, episode 3 would be a top 2 episode and episode 7 would be last place. They are not the same.

I'm not comfortable with love scenes much anymore period. Other than that it was my favorite episode.

7 wasn't that bad.

I'm disappointed Ellie uses the f bomb so often unnecessarily. It was pretty funny when she smelled the coffee though. Lol.

VN Store

Back