The Last of Us Series (HBO)

I'm sorry, but this show is the dumbest apocalypse ever. It's the end of the world, but the power's still on and there's gay bed and breakfasts and communism and everybody's fat and all the boss ladies are in charge and all the men are sad sacks who cry and teenagers all talk like 45 year old screenwriters and on and on. Enough with this stupidity. I'm convinced the reason we don't see a lot of infected is because Graham Greene's wife ate them all!

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I'm sorry, but this show is the dumbest apocalypse ever. It's the end of the world, but the power's still on and there's gay bed and breakfasts and communism and everybody's fat and all the boss ladies are in charge and all the men are sad sacks who cry and teenagers all talk like 45 year old screenwriters and on and on. Enough with this stupidity. I'm convinced the reason we don't see a lot of infected is because Graham Greene's wife ate them all!

You don't think some places could get power after 20+ years of apocalypse to the point that you can't even suspend your disbelief? You don't think people would try communal life? That's what I would probably do (at least at first). You can't believe that men cry and women are in charge sometimes? WTF.

Why couldn't somebody who had already grown accustomed to cabin life before the apocalypse stay fat? Genetics, limited activity, and limited diet options can easily explain that. Doubt they have many salads at 9k feet of elevation.

It's the fuel and tires, after 20 years I really doubt your going to find many tires that aren't dry rotted and the gas/diesel would degraded to where it isn't usable.

It’s the zombies for me. Can’t believe they didn’t get those more realistic. Freaking bummer!

Haha, someone's masculinity is being threatened

This is the part I find odd and very unrealistic. I'd second the women in charge part because in a post apocalyptic world without any centralized government its 100% the strong survive..and we aren't talking about mental or emotional strength.

This is the part I find odd and very unrealistic. I'd second the women in charge part because in a post apocalyptic world without any centralized government its 100% the strong survive..and we aren't talking about mental or emotional strength.

I disagree with you guys on this. Every group isn't going to be led by the baddest dude in the group. That's a strategy that won't even work for marauders in every case. I mean, in real life we have drug lords who are women. The Black Widow was untouchable in a business of murderers until the US government took her down, so who is stopping her in the apocalypse?

And let's not forget, Melanie didn't seize power. Her brother died, leaving a power vacuum, and I imagine that she was his right-hand "man", and had the most political power/trust when he died. Totally believable.

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib

I disagree with you guys on this. Every group isn't going to be led by the baddest dude in the group. That's a strategy that won't even work for marauders in every case. I mean, in real life we have drug lords who are women. The Black Widow was untouchable in a business of murderers until the US government took her down, so who is stopping her in the apocalypse?

And let's not forget, Melanie didn't seize power. Her brother died, leaving a power vacuum, and I imagine that she was his right-hand "man", and had the most political power/trust when he died. Totally believable.

The exception to the rule doesn't make it the rule though and the creators of this show have decided to make it the rule, at least through the first 7 episodes. It's ridiculously one-sided...

Tess - boss b_tch in charge
Marlene - boss b_tch in charge (and her 2nd in command on top of that)
Kathleen - boss b_tch in charge
Maria - boss b_tch in charge
Reily - would've been a boss b_tch in charge had she not been bitten.

Where the hell are the MEN in this show? It's a typically modern "woke" show where ALL the women are portrayed as super strong, super in charge, and all the men are nothing more than background fodder and weak crybabies. Even Joel, compared to the game has been written much weaker and more vulnerable. If you can't see this, you're blind.

Haha, someone's masculinity is being threatened

Wake up! Masculinity IS being threatened.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
The exception to the rule doesn't make it the rule though and the creators of this show have decided to make it the rule, at least through the first 7 episodes. It's ridiculously one-sided...

Where the hell are the MEN in this show? It's a typically modern "woke" show where ALL the women are portrayed as super strong, super in charge, and all the men are nothing more than background fodder and weak crybabies. Even Joel, compared to the game has been written much weaker and more vulnerable. If you can't see this, you're blind.

Have you not played a video game in the last 15 or so years? This is the norm for video games now. There can't be a male lead if there isn't a strong (if not stronger than the male) female character.

Reactions: Brave Volunteer

Who cares? Why does there have to be men in charge? Do you drive a lifted truck with a don't tread on me tag? And is your Facebook picture you in your truck with sunglass and goatee? Because you sound like a walking stereotype.

Only betas are insecure about **** like this.

Your list is stupid. Your counting Reily as a boss shows how unhinged you are. Maria is not in charge. She is one of the community leaders.

The show told you explicitly what it thinks about the need for masculine men with Bill's letter to Joel, so you can focus on that and don't have to be so offended.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back