The Lane Kiffin Thread

Kiffin: Yes or No

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is all for naught. You don’t deliberately use the word integrity as many times as these people did as part of their production, and then walk down the hall and call Lane Kiffin. I’m sure most of that was aimed at the people who want Hugh Freeze. But what I said still holds true.

You're probably right. While I was watching White's presser I said to myself "well that rules out Freeze and Kiffin."

Last edited:
Just think back to UGA game. Game planning by Kiffin and Chaney, rolling Crompton out in a bootleg package which was something they had not done previously. That’s coaching with less but finding a way to win and win big.

Who was DC that year? I know he had Cheney as OC, but I can't remember the rest of the staff? I know I could google it, but anyone remember his staff when he was here the first time?

• Lane Kiffin – Head Coach
  • Monte Kiffin – Defensive Coordinator
  • Jim Chaney – Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line Coach
  • Ed Orgeron – Associate Head Coach/Defensive Line Coach/Recruiting Coordinator
  • Frank Wilson – Wide Receivers Coach
  • Lance Thompson – Linebackers Coach
  • Eddie Gran – Runningbacks/Special Teams Coach
  • Willie Mack Garza – Defensive Backs Coach
  • David Reaves – Quarterbacks Coach
  • James Cregg – Tight Ends/Tackles Coach

Don't see White hiring LK. Wouldn't surprise me to see Lane get another shot but not at TN and not this year.

Am I the only one who thinks VN is massively over-rating Kiffin as a coach? At best, he's decent to good. He's not great. He's not the savior.
Vol fans pump him up because he was the last time we were excited about football. He over-performed. Plus, coaching searches are entertaining in these parts... it’s what we do best. It’s the only fun part of TN football.
Outside of Knoxville, what makes you think he’s overrated?
He did good in Knoxville for 1 year.
He did good at USC, considering the circumstances.
He did great at Bammer as OC.
He did great at FAU.
He has Ole Miss’ offense atop P5 football, and they’ll continue to improve.
His players love him, and he’s a heck of a recruiter. There’s no indication that he’s not possibly a great HC with P5 experience, which is more than I can say about the other names I’m hearing.

It's not as far fetched as Gruden (take it from a former Grudenite) and would be a great hire if we were able to get him. But I'm excited about Danny White and think he will get this one right, regardless.

8 or so of his 21 recruits are in prison, but everyone forgets that!

Reactions: HalfullVol

which 8 or so are in prison.....

Reactions: orangemadam
If you haven’t noticed Plowman is riding us of the past and pointing us in a different direction. That Kiffin guy is the past a d not part of the plan moving forward.

No question.
Absolutely.
100%.
All day, everyday.
Without a doubt.
So , we really need a coach that averages 6 wins a year and everywhere he's been except one has had ncaa sactions. Sounds great sign him up, please go check his records and pay attention to how long he stays at each location

Wow only Hood playeD 4 years out of the crew

VN Store

Back