The Lane Kiffin Thread

Kiffin: Yes or No

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I believe in second chances. Lane comes back and lifts Tennessee out of the ashes. This could be Kiffins redemption. I say give him a chance.

With a 15mil buyout clause to UT if another college or pro team came calling would be just fine.

They always said Saban would not settle in either, but he's held his word.

Why in the hell can’t some of our idiot fans let it go? He’s not coming back, he doesn’t want to come back, most of our boosters don’t want him back

I agree with you unfortunately. Because he is the guy I want.

You and all you Lane Train people are CLUELESS!!! Lane isn't the guy to bring UT back to relevance!!!!! He couldn't even cut it in the Pac 12 with all the IN STATE TALENT. He will be fired from Ole Miss within 3-4 years or jump ship and get out of the SEC BECAUSE HE CAN'T CUT IT!!!!! His best season was a 10 win season at USC. He might get you 8-9 wins. But, he isn't the guy to get UT in the SEC Championship game every 2-3 years. That is what UT needs!!! NOTHING LESS!!!!!

USC Trojans (Pac-10/Pac-12 Conference) (2010–2013)
2010 USC 8–5 5–4 T–3rd‡‡
2011 USC 10–2 7–2 1st (South) ‡‡‡6
2012 USC 7–6 5–4 T–2nd (South)L Sun
2013 USC 3–2 *0–2

Why in the hell can’t some of our idiot fans let it go? He’s not coming back, he doesn’t want to come back, most of our boosters don’t want him back
Your in the wrong thread to be singing “Let it go!” I think your kids Disney movie is still playing, lol.

It’s a relevant question though. Wanting Kiffin back is one thing. What the contract would have to have in it that he’d have to agree to is another.

let's try one more time:

If Kiffin would sign a 10-15 mil buyout clause to UT not matter if a college or pro team came calling...

Would you want Kiffin back?

Reactions: RockCityVol
Kiffin is so over rated that he does indeed rise to the level of Gruden in that dept. Both continue to get raves, fawning over them with very average at best records. Gruden during his tv show told the football world that Johnny Football was a slam dunk first round number 1 pick....so go figure

You and all you Lane Train people are CLUELESS!!! Lane isn't the guy to bring UT back to relevance!!!!! He couldn't even cut it in the Pac 12 with all the IN STATE TALENT. He will be fired from Ole Miss within 3-4 years or jump ship and get out of the SEC BECAUSE HE CAN'T CUT IT!!!!! His best season was a 10 win season at USC. He might get you 8-9 wins. But, he isn't the guy to get UT in the SEC Championship game every 2-3 years. That is what UT needs!!! NOTHING LESS!!!!!

USC Trojans (Pac-10/Pac-12 Conference) (2010–2013)
2010 USC 8–5 5–4 T–3rd‡‡
2011 USC 10–2 7–2 1st (South) ‡‡‡6
2012 USC 7–6 5–4 T–2nd (South)L Sun
2013 USC 3–2 *0–2

Seems you’re ignoring the fact that he only had what, 60 scholarships or so to work with? Given that, he did great at USC. That winning % is on par with every coach post CPC and he’s the only one who has to do it with major sanctions

Reactions: texanvol
Hahahhahha, not laughing at you, just remembering feeling the same way when he wore orange!

Yeah, but Lane has matured so much since leaving the Vols. He divorced his wife and had a relationship with Daddy Nick that helped him progress through his loneliness and concentrate on being a better coach.

All laughs aside, I do believe he has learned some lessons over the years and is now a much better coach than he was when at UT. I think he would do well in Knoxville but also think he is settled enough to acknowledge his commitments to Ole Miss. Plus, looming NCAA penalties does not make UT appear any better than Ole Miss. Either way he gets to play Daddy Nick every season.

Nothing would suit me better than a Kiffin/Ole Miss match up with Freeze/UT! That would be awesome! Hoddy Toddy! Go Vols!

Reactions: Easyriders

VN Store

Back