Tennessee has the #2 or #3 team in the SEC

If this is true then The SEC is terrible because so far the #2 team has looked like the trash can we love so much

If Florida pushed us around we would really have a problem. They had like 12 yards rushing against Mich and 3 points from the offense. They are a putrid offense. We gave them 20 points on offense not counting the fumble while going in. You are right we are as good as Fl, but that isn't saying a ton. And, when you are going to be in a lot of close games your coaching is going to have to give you the edge. I have no confidence that our coaching is going to give us an advantage in close games.

I also think you are drastically over valuing our talent as well. We are a top 20 team talent wise, but to think we are one of the top talented teams in the nation is ridiculous.

Did you watch the Michigan game? You do know Florida led them in the half as well? Do you not remember we only allowed 6 points to Florida thru 3 quarters before the INT returned for a TD at the start of the 4th?

For most of the game we played Florida like Michigan. We dominated the game statistically but because of our own mistakes we let Florida have the lead. Same thing happened to Michigan in the first half. They dominated Florida moving the ball at will but turnovers killed them and had Florida leading at half-time. Obviously they turned it around in the 2nd half. And we never quite turned it around cause we kept making mistakes.

We should have beaten Florida 26-13.

That was not a good or well coached Florida team. I've watched football a long time and know what good football looks like.

It was a rivalry game. We were on the road. And even a bad team can play well enough to beat a good team every now and then. And I think you are underrating Florida's talent. They are still a top 20 team in the country based on talent and we were playing in their building.

I expected the type of game we saw for 3 quarters. I just thought we wouldn't make as many mistakes as we ultimately made. We should have won that game. We were the better team by a healthy margin.

Did you watch the Michigan game? You do know Florida led them in the half as well? Do you not remember we only allowed 6 points to Florida thru 3 quarters before the INT returned for a TD at the start of the 4th?

For most of the game we played Florida like Michigan. We dominated the game statistically but because of our own mistakes we let Florida have the lead. Same thing happened to Michigan in the first half. They dominated Florida moving the ball at will but turnovers killed them and had Florida leading at half-time. Obviously they turned it around in the 2nd half. And we never quite turned it around cause we kept making mistakes.

We should have beaten Florida 26-13.

I agree we should have beaten them with around he same score.

Be we didn't dominate Florida like Michigan.
Michigans defense played much much better than ours did.

But it is particularly interesting to see how close our offense played to Michigans. Like it's damn close.

Except Michigan actually won their game. Because Harbaugh is a real coach. When his QB got happy feet and kept tossing INTs...what'd he do? He sat him for a little while let him settle down.

Attachments

• IMG_4728.jpg
    IMG_4728.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4729.jpg
    IMG_4729.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I agree we should have beaten them with around he same score.

Be we didn't dominate Florida like Michigan.
Michigans defense played much much better than ours did.

But it is particularly interesting to see how close our offense played to Michigans. Like it's damn close.

Except Michigan actually won their game. Because Harbaugh is a real coach. When his QB got happy feet and kept tossing INTs...what'd he do? He sat him for a little while let him settle down.

Maybe you missed the part where I said the games were similar thru 3 quarters of our game and 1 half of their game.

Obviously our 4th quarter in the Swamp and the 2nd half by Michigan against Florida skewed the numbers.

Thru 3 quarters last Saturday I saw Tennessee dominate Florida but get in their own way with mistakes. Particularly in that 3rd quarter.

Maybe you missed the part where I said the games were similar thru 3 quarters of our game and 1 half of their game.

Obviously our 4th quarter in the Swamp and the 2nd half by Michigan against Florida skewed the numbers.

Thru 3 quarters last Saturday I saw Tennessee dominate Florida but get in their own way with mistakes. Particularly in that 3rd quarter.

No. I saw that

I just don't call letting a team, with the statistically last ranked offense in all of FBS football put 380 yards and 180+ yards rushing up...."dominating"...if that was Georgia putting with 180+ rushing yards, that's one thing, but Florida has consistently had one of the worst rushing offenses in all of the NCAA for going on 3 seasons, and they just ran for 180+ on us. Nah. In the context of this particular game, we got gashed. Just like we got gashed by GT for 500+. Just like we got gashed by Vandy for 600+ total yards. Just like we got gashed by Kentucky for 600+ yards. Just like we got gashed by Mizzou for 600+ yards.

I mean. At some point. People are going to have to lay the blunt down and sober up. This team isn't very good this year. It has been winning games in-spite of itself now for going on 1.5 seasons.

In a way, losing to UF takes the pressure off us to win the rest of our SEC games. Without the pressure, we probably play better and might back in anyway.

Reactions: 1 person
For most of the game we played Florida like Michigan.

Michigan's defense gave up 192 yards to UF.

Tennessee gave up 189 yards to UF in the 4th quarter.

To say that UT was doing as well as Michigan until the 4th is like saying McGregor was doing great until Mayweather beat the crap out of him.

Last edited:
Michigan's defense gave up 192 yards to UF.

Tennessee gave up 189 yards to UF in the 4th quarter.

Tennessee gave up two plays. Besides those two plays we had our way with them. One, they didn't even score on, and the other was pure luck. something that should have never happened.

Tennessee gave up two plays. Besides those two plays we had our way with them. One, they didn't even score on, and the other was pure luck. something that should have never happened.

Yep, Florida was quite lucky that UT exhibited some of the worst situational awareness possible, including a couple of guys who simply did nothing.

I know Michigan. We competed against Michigan. Michigan is not a friend of mine.

Tennessee, you're no Michigan

Reactions: 4 people
Yup. We're beating Alabama in Tuscaloosa. And yes I still have Auburn as the class of the SEC West.

I don't know why everyone is ready to quit on Auburn? They haven't even played a conference game yet. They get Miss State at home in 2 weeks. I believe Miss State will be undefeated and ranked in the top 10 leading up to that game. Auburn will beat Miss State. And I expect to see people like you stop questioning my about my confidence in them at that point.

What have you seen out of this team that makes you think that they are
A.) Talented enough to beat Alabama
B.) Coached well enough to beat Alabama

VN Store

Back