Tennessee has the #2 or #3 team in the SEC

Folks just going crazy.

Nah, D4H is a troll. He's just doubling down because he knows there is no penalty for being wrong. He was too chickens*** to take an actual bet, and we already know when Tennessee doesn't do any of the lofty things he predicted, he'll just blame Butch Jones, Dormady, injuries, etc.

You know, just like he did last year. And he'll do it again next year.

Reactions: 4 people
So wait....now you're saying we beat Alabama?

And you STILL think Auburn is going to beat Alabama in the West?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-15298-1344610941-1.gif

Reactions: 6 people
They're going 7-1 in conference and beating Alabama.

Don't sleep on Auburn. They have a very favorable schedule. Road games are against teams not looking too hot right now like LSU, Arkansas, and A&M. They get both Miss State and Alabama at home. Their crossover match-up is on the road against arguably the worst team in the SEC (Missouri). And they get Georgia at home this year.

I like their SEC schedule a lot. They get their toughest opponents at home and the easiest opponents on the road. I think Stidman and the offense improves as the season continues. And their defense is legit.

People have jumped off their bandwagon a little too early. They are fine.

Wow. Just, wow... Talk to an Auburn fan and see if they share your enthusiasm. I live here in Bammer and Barner country and trust me, Auburn is one fan base that's about as thrilled with Gus as many of our fan base is with Butch. They are already lining up his replacement too. So far this year in the SEC, seems fans of the following want new head coaches: UT, FL, LSU, AU, A&M. MIzzou fans are on the fence and could fall at any time. Should be a wild off season!

So wait....now you're saying we beat Alabama?

And you STILL think Auburn is going to beat Alabama in the West?

Yup. We're beating Alabama in Tuscaloosa. And yes I still have Auburn as the class of the SEC West.

I don't know why everyone is ready to quit on Auburn? They haven't even played a conference game yet. They get Miss State at home in 2 weeks. I believe Miss State will be undefeated and ranked in the top 10 leading up to that game. Auburn will beat Miss State. And I expect to see people like you stop questioning my about my confidence in them at that point.

Reactions: 2 people
Wow. Just, wow... Talk to an Auburn fan and see if they share your enthusiasm. I live here in Bammer and Barner country and trust me, Auburn is one fan base that's about as thrilled with Gus as many of our fan base is with Butch. They are already lining up his replacement too. So far this year in the SEC, seems fans of the following want new head coaches: UT, FL, LSU, AU, A&M. MIzzou fans are on the fence and could fall at any time. Should be a wild off season!

Its early in the season. Think back to last year around this time. You had 3 programs that were undefeated. Alabama, Tennessee, and Texas A&M. How did the season turn out for Tennessee and Texas A&M?

Lotta season left to go. I have a feeling that the fanbases that are most angry right now (Tennessee and Auburn) will be the fanbases that are most happy when the regular season ends.

Yup. We're beating Alabama in Tuscaloosa. And yes I still have Auburn as the class of the SEC West.

I don't know why everyone is ready to quit on Auburn? They haven't even played a conference game yet. They get Miss State at home in 2 weeks. I believe Miss State will be undefeated and ranked in the top 10 leading up to that game. Auburn will beat Miss State. And I expect to see people like you stop questioning my about my confidence in them at that point.

We couldn't beat the worst Florida team in 30 years in the swamp, what makes you think that we are going to go to Tuscaloosa and beat Alabama?

Reactions: 1 person

With the 2017 college football season officially kicking off tonight, here are my predictions for the upcoming season:

SEC East
1. Tennessee (12-1; 7-1) – SEC Champion (defeat Auburn in Championship Game); loss to Alabama; best win: Auburn (11-2)
2. Georgia (8-4; 5-3) – losses to Notre Dame, Tennessee, South Carolina, and Auburn
3. Florida (6-6; 4-4) – losses to Michigan, Tennessee, LSU, Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida State
4. Missouri (6-6; 3-5)
5. South Carolina (6-6; 3-5)
6. Vanderbilt (5-7; 3-5)
7. Kentucky (5-7; 3-5)

SEC West
1. Auburn (11-2; 7-1) – losses to LSU and Tennessee (in the SEC Championship game)
2. Alabama (11-1; 7-1) – loss to Auburn
3. LSU (9-3; 5-3) – losses to Ole Miss, Alabama, and Tennessee
4. Texas A&M (7-5; 4-4)
5. Arkansas (7-5; 3-5)
6. Ole Miss (6-6; 3-5)
7. Miss St. (6-6; 2-6)

Big 10
1. Michigan (13-0; 9-0) – Big 10 Champion; best win: Ohio State (9-3)
2. Ohio State (9-3; 7-2) – losses to Oklahoma, Michigan State, and Michigan

ACC
Clemson (10-3; 7-1) – ACC Champions; losses to Auburn, Florida State, and South Carolina

Big 12
Oklahoma (13-0; 9-0) – Big 12 Champions; best win: Ohio State (9-3)

Pac 12
USC (11-2; 8-1) – Pac 12 Champion (losses to Notre Dame and Arizona St.)

Independent
Notre Dame (11-1) – loss to Michigan State; best win: Pac 12 Champion USC (11-2)

2018 College Football Playoff
1. Michigan (13-0)
2. Oklahoma (13-0)
3. Tennessee (12-1)
4. Alabama (11-1)

Heisman Trophy Winner: Baker Mayfield (Oklahoma)

CFP Semifinals: Alabama defeats Michigan (Rose Bowl); Tennessee defeats Oklahoma (Sugar Bowl)

CFP National Title Game: Tennessee defeats Alabama

We couldn't beat the worst Florida team in 30 years in the swamp, what makes you think that we are going to go to Tuscaloosa and beat Alabama?

Its Football. Stuff like that happen. Clemson last year lost to Pittsburgh at home and needed a short FG to be missed by NC State to win at home. And yet they beat Alabama for the national title.

Sometimes great teams have bad games. We didn't lose to Florida because we lack talent. We just executed poorly. We made mistake after mistake that game. We probably should have won the game 26-13. But alas you don't always play your best in football. And that is when the losses happen.

I think the Florida game was a good learning experience for the team. When we play Alabama in a few weeks, I expect us to play a much cleaner game. Less mistakes. Hopefully better coaching. Put all that together, and I think we sneak outta there with a win.

I'll tell you this. Nothing I've seen from Alabama thus far scares me. They look very beatable this year. And we'll be the first team to beat them this year.

People looking at the roster and penciling in wins based on players/position matchups....

But they forget to look at the coach...and how none of those matchups matter because we don't have anyone that's capable of understanding how to exploit them to our advantage....

"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."
-Alexander the Great

Fellas, we have a sheep...

Its Football. Stuff like that happen. Clemson last year lost to Pittsburgh at home and needed a short FG to be missed by NC State to win at home. And yet they beat Alabama for the national title.

Sometimes great teams have bad games. We didn't lose to Florida because we lack talent. We just executed poorly. We made mistake after mistake that game. We probably should have won the game 26-13. But alas you don't always play your best in football. And that is when the losses happen.

I think the Florida game was a good learning experience for the team. When we play Alabama in a few weeks, I expect us to play a much cleaner game. Less mistakes. Hopefully better coaching. Put all that together, and I think we sneak outta there with a win.

I'll tell you this. Nothing I've seen from Alabama thus far scares me. They look very beatable this year. And we'll be the first team to beat them this year.

So you are are basing your prediction that UT beats Alabama in Tuscaloosa, on the 43-42 win that Pitt achieved against Clemson in 2016? That sort of logic would explain the abject failure of the rest of your predictions.

You are correct, great teams have bad games. If you have 4 a year you are not a great team.

Reactions: 7 people

FTR, not your confidence in question...

So before the season started you said we'd lose there, but after 3 games of watching both UT and Alabama, and you getting UT winning at UF wrong, now you're saying we beat Alabama at Alabama.....

I mean, it couldn't be that you predicted us to go 11-1 and to get that, we now have to win at Alabama to keep that, could it?

No...couldn't be that at all, it's totally that from what you've seen you honestly think a re-evaulation of the UT/Alabama matchup clearly favors UT.

illK6U.gif

Reactions: 4 people
I don't know why everyone is ready to quit on Auburn? They haven't even played a conference game yet.

Because 2 of their 3 games so far have been GA Southern and Mercer yet they're still only 83rd in total offense?

I don't know how it's going to play out (and it's hilarious that you pretend you do) but the people questioning Auburn's offense aren't exactly working in a vacuum.

Just like the OP, I also get my corn from a jar.

north-carolina-moonshine-still-in-black-and-white-greg-mimbs.jpg

And if we beat GA I will probably say the same thing, after a lot of corn from a jar.

I'm glad there is still some confidence. One thing I keep thinking is the resiliency of Butch led teams, now we know that they have to be, but anyway, I think there is enough of that, enough will to win and enough talent to still have a good season. We will see when UGA comes to town. Beat the dawgs and we are right back in the mix, because they will probably hammer UF. Other than UMass and Southern Miss, all of our remaining games are gonna be tough. I can't stand the thought of another Vandy win in Neyland. I've said what I'm gonna say about Butch, so now I'll just sit back and see how this thing plays out. I think 7-5 is the decision line, 8-4 we know he gets a stay, 6-6 surely he gone, so at 7-5, which is a high possibility, what does the new AD do?

I don't know why everyone is ready to quit on Auburn? They haven't even played a conference game yet. They get Miss State at home in 2 weeks. I believe Miss State will be undefeated and ranked in the top 10 leading up to that game. Auburn will beat Miss State. And I expect to see people like you stop questioning my about my confidence in them at that
point.

Possibly a combo of Histrionic and Narcissistic Personality disorder. Everyone smile and nod back

So long as I draw breath, I will never, ever stop questioning everything you say, because so far you have been right about nothing.

VN Store

Back