Tennessee has the #2 or #3 team in the SEC

If we would have had our way with them, we would have won. Rival game or not, this UF team was sorry. You do realize they were missing their 2 best offensive players right? Callaway and Scarlett? Thats the equivalent of us losing JJ and Kelly. Imagine if we didnt have Kelly. We would have gotten curbstomped.

Try harder.

Chandler and Jordan would have done more than enough to make up for Kelly's loss.

Reactions: 2 people
I'll play along.

I think Tennessee can accomplish what the original poster said. I have that kind of lack of respect for the SEC right now outside of Alabama.

However, while they can, I do not trust Tennessee or anyone else in the SEC not named Alabama, to play consistent football and not have another WTH somewhere during the season.

Put simply, you play well, get some breaks, it could happen.

You play the way we've seen Tennessee play, you get some more injuries, you get some bad breaks and you could lose 4 or 5 more ball games.

No one, again outside of Alabama, is in a position to pencil in W's against conference opponents.

We're playing a team we haven't lost to since 1986 this week and I wouldn't place any money on it.

And, if I may add, and many have seen me post this, winning those games wouldn't necessarily mean anything because those teams aren't good either. Wooo, we beat LSU....that got beat by Miss State by 30. Oooohh, we beat South Carolina. Seriously? Kentucky? Vandy? Missouri? That'll get some street cred.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I'll play along.

I think Tennessee can accomplish what the original poster said. I have that kind of lack of respect for the SEC right now outside of Alabama.

However, while they can, I do not trust Tennessee or anyone else in the SEC not named Alabama, to play consistent football and not have another WTH somewhere during the season.

Put simply, you play well, get some breaks, it could happen.

You play the way we've seen Tennessee play, you get some more injuries, you get some bad breaks and you could lose 4 or 5 more ball games.

No one, again outside of Alabama, is in a position to pencil in W's against conference opponents.

We're playing a team we haven't lost to since 1986 this week and I wouldn't place any money on it.

And, if I may add, and many have seen my post this, winning those games wouldn't necessarily mean anything because those teams aren't good either. Wooo, we beat LSU....that got beat by Miss State by 30. Oooohh, we beat South Carolina. Seriously? Kentucky? Vandy? Missouri? That'll get some street cred.

I think that's spot on. I just don't see a ton of difference from about 2-10 in the SEC.

Its early in the season. Think back to last year around this time. You had 3 programs that were undefeated. Alabama, Tennessee, and Texas A&M. How did the season turn out for Tennessee and Texas A&M?

Lotta season left to go. I have a feeling that the fanbases that are most angry right now (Tennessee and Auburn) will be the fanbases that are most happy when the regular season ends.

Why? Oh, I know. You are right. UT will be because we get Bob Stoops and AU will be because they get Chip Kelly.

You, like many others, don't understand or watch enough college football. That was a rivalry game in one of the most difficult venues to play at. Florida still has a very good defesne and we had our way with them. 2 dropped TDS, 3 missed FGs...Know football better.

Florida defense is being highly overrated. Watch as Kentucky (Kentucky for goodness sakes) runs all over them.

WRONG.

I have us as the #1 team in the SEC. We're gonna finish the regular season 11-1. Beat Auburn in the SEC Championship Game. Then go into the playoffs and win the whole thing.

I love the Vols more than just about anybody...but this **** is hilarious!!!

Jacksonville State held Georgia Tech to 210 yards rushing on 49 carries. We gave up over 500 yards rushing to them.

Think you must have a pretty steep drop off after the #1 team in the SEC. We are lucky we don't play J-State I guess.

What I think is getting lost in the Florida game is that Fl isn't a very good team. They had 10 guys suspended including there #1 wr and rb. We were lucky to even have a chance at the end and we blew it. We will be in a lot of close games this year. And, I have no confidence that the coaching staff will be able to lead us to a win in a close game. If we have the same lackluster start against UGA the stands will be emptied by the end of the 3rd quarter. We have a ton of work to do to be even a 8 or 9 win team. The vegas number would probably be over/under 7.5 wins and if I had to put my life on it I would say the under. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see how anyone can realistically think this team wins 10 games.

You, like many others, don't understand or watch enough college football. That was a rivalry game in one of the most difficult venues to play at. Florida still has a very good defesne and we had our way with them. 2 dropped TDS, 3 missed FGs...Know football better.

This is what these dudes on here don't get. There are ways you lose a game and you get worried about your team. And then there are other ways you lose and you're not quite as concerned. The loss to Florida is the latter.

Its not like we were getting blown off the ball on defense. Its not like our offense couldn't move the ball at all. Its not like Florida was faster or more athletic than us. We lost that game for 2 simple reasons. Mistakes in execution from our players (as you stated the 2 dropped TDs and the 3 missed FGs) and also some poor coaching decisions in terms of play-calling. While those mistakes are unfortunate, they are correctable. If Florida was running at will on us and our defensive tackles couldn't stand up at the point of attack, that would be concerning. If our o-line was getting pushed back every play and couldn't protect our passer, then that would also be concerning.

I saw nothing on the field Saturday that concerns my going forward. My only concern for this team is the man with the headset on the sidelines. If Butch Jones can just be an average head coach. I don't need him to be great. Just be average. And we can win it all. What he can't do, is be below average. Which is what he was against Florida and in many of the big games we've lost over the last 3 years.

Reactions: 3 people
WRONG.

I have us as the #1 team in the SEC. We're gonna finish the regular season 11-1. Beat Auburn in the SEC Championship Game. Then go into the playoffs and win the whole thing.

Hope you have some Narcan, you're going to need it.

This is what these dudes on here don't get. There are ways you lose a game and you get worried about your team. And then there are other ways you lose and you're not quite as concerned. The loss to Florida is the latter.

Its not like we were getting blown off the ball on defense. Its not like our offense couldn't move the ball at all. Its not like Florida was faster or more athletic than us. We lost that game for 2 simple reasons. Mistakes in execution from our players (as you stated the 2 dropped TDs and the 3 missed FGs) and also some poor coaching decisions in terms of play-calling. While those mistakes are unfortunate, they are correctable. If Florida was running at will on us and our defensive tackles couldn't stand up at the point of attack, that would be concerning. If our o-line was getting pushed back every play and couldn't protect our passer, then that would also be concerning.

I saw nothing on the field Saturday that concerns my going forward. My only concern for this team is the man with the headset on the sidelines. If Butch Jones can just be an average head coach. I don't need him to be great. Just be average. And we can win it all. What he can't do, is be below average. Which is what he was against Florida and in many of the big games we've lost over the last 3 years.

That was not a good or well coached Florida team. I've watched football a long time and know what good football looks like.

If Florida pushed us around we would really have a problem. They had like 12 yards rushing against Mich and 3 points from the offense. They are a putrid offense. We gave them 20 points on offense not counting the fumble while going in. You are right we are as good as Fl, but that isn't saying a ton. And, when you are going to be in a lot of close games your coaching is going to have to give you the edge. I have no confidence that our coaching is going to give us an advantage in close games.

I also think you are drastically over valuing our talent as well. We are a top 20 team talent wise, but to think we are one of the top talented teams in the nation is ridiculous.

If Florida pushed us around we would really have a problem. They had like 12 yards rushing against Mich and 3 points from the offense. They are a putrid offense. We gave them 20 points on offense not counting the fumble while going in. You are right we are as good as Fl, but that isn't saying a ton. And, when you are going to be in a lot of close games your coaching is going to have to give you the edge. I have no confidence that our coaching is going to give us an advantage in close games.

I also think you are drastically over valuing our talent as well. We are a top 20 team talent wise, but to think we are one of the top talented teams in the nation is ridiculous.

If we were better at developing talent we could be top 10 to 15 easy. And e wouldn't be starting Jumper. Don't get me wrong I Like the guy and appreciate his heart but he isn't a guy that should be starting on this roster.

VN Store

Back