Tee Headed to Louisville

What's crazy is...
Tyson Helton and Tee Martin were equal in coaching ranks just 1 year ago!
1 freaking year ago....
Now one is a Head Coach...
The other is not.
AND they both end up in the state of Kentucky!
Tee could have been a HC. He turned down the interview with APSU

Im glad some of our fans feel like we are at a place as to where a coach will go to another p5 school, have success and them be successful and then want to do a lateral of less than switch to Tennessee. I am all vol fan, but that makes absolutely no sense and its stupid.

Reactions: Orange Swagger
I like Tee but I have a bad taste in my mouth about how he talks about us. He turned down a job with us under Butch which I understand but it was to stay with Kiffin of all people. Then after Pruitt was hired he was asked if he had been talked to about being the OC here. He said "I have talked with them and I made it VERY clear that the ONLY way I would EVER go back to Tennessee was as head coach. Then when he was stripped of his play calling duties this year he complained in an interview saying that he was used to having people be prejudiced against him and talked about how bad he was treated as QB while he was playing here. His own son was in Knoxville and wouldn't even give us a look. I remember when Tee talked fondly of UT in an interview while coaching at Kentucky but it seems like recently that he has thrown us under the bus and acted like the time he spent here was terrible. The only time I saw him speak fondly about us recently was when a few people showed up with bring Tee home posters at a USC game before we got Pruitt and I think that had more to do with him thinking he was going to be head coach here.

Last edited:
man, this Tee hate is dumb but they have to make-up something to cover up the real reason they dont want him in a high position. one poster even said....in another thread.....the man should come back and beg for forgiveness. i mean if that doesnt speak loud....
What Tee hate and wtf are you even talking about?

Love how far Tee’s fallen after playing mindgames with UT so many times. The wife too.

How is Louisville any different from Knoxville for the wifey, LOL?

I love Louisville, have a ton of clients there, but it’s def not LA! He was lucky as hell to get out there in the first place.

And Hurd might have been a drama queen—but he sure as hell wasn’t soft.

I like Tee but I have a bad taste in my mouth about how he talks about us. He turned down a job with us under Butch which I understand but it was to stay with Kiffin of all people. Then after Pruitt was hired he was asked if he had been talked to about being the OC here. He said "I have talked with them and I made it VERY clear that the ONLY way I would EVER go back to Tennessee was as head coach. Then when he was stripped of his play calling duties this year he complained in an interview saying that he was used to having people be prejudiced against him and talked about how bad he was treated as QB while he was playing here. His own son was in Knoxville and wouldn't even give us a look. I remember when Tee talked fondly of UT in an interview while coaching at Kentucky but it seems like recently that he has thrown us under the bus and acted like the time he spent here was terrible. The only time I saw him speak fondly about us recently was when a few people showed up with bring Tee home posters at a USC game before we got Pruitt and I think that had more to do with him thinking he was going to be head coach here.

Well, if the "only way he's coming back is as the HC" and UT told him "no thanks", then I'm siding with UT.

Perhaps Tee saw how much UT was struggling to find a head coach and thought he could take advantage of UT for a huge pay day (like Butch Jones did), but if Tee thinks that means he was treated badly, that's on him.

I would have seen that hire as a monumental failure on UTs part. Tee is too young and hasnt really proven much as a coach, especially enough to be hired as HC at a major football school. I personally dont like the idea of hiring ex-players. Very very very rarely does a great football player also become a great head coach.

Name the last player to lead a team to a national chmpionship and then go on to be a great head coach. I'm sure its been multiple decades ago. Coaching these days means so much more than just knowing football and its also more than just recruiting. You're the CEO of a corporation. You need leadership skills, organizational skills, public relations skills, problem solving skills, innovation skills, etc.

Just thank them for their time as a player and move on.

Well, if the "only way he's coming back is as the HC" and UT told him "no thanks", then I'm siding with UT.

Perhaps Tee saw how much UT was struggling to find a head coach and thought he could take advantage of UT for a huge pay day (like Butch Jones did), but if Tee thinks that means he was treated badly, that's on him.

I would have seen that hire as a monumental failure on UTs part. Tee is too young and hasnt really proven much as a coach, especially enough to be hired as HC at a major football school. I personally dont like the idea of hiring ex-players. Very very very rarely does a great football player also become a great head coach.

Name the last player to lead a team to a national chmpionship and then go on to be a great head coach. I'm sure its been multiple decades ago. Coaching these days means so much more than just knowing football and its also more than just recruiting. You're the CEO of a corporation. You need leadership skills, organizational skills, public relations skills, problem solving skills, innovation skills, etc.

Just thank them for their time as a player and move on.

You're absolutely right.

As far as your other question....I would have to say Scott Frost is the closest thing thus far...

VN Store

Back