Tee Headed to Louisville

Well, if the "only way he's coming back is as the HC" and UT told him "no thanks", then I'm siding with UT.

Perhaps Tee saw how much UT was struggling to find a head coach and thought he could take advantage of UT for a huge pay day (like Butch Jones did), but if Tee thinks that means he was treated badly, that's on him.

I would have seen that hire as a monumental failure on UTs part. Tee is too young and hasnt really proven much as a coach, especially enough to be hired as HC at a major football school. I personally dont like the idea of hiring ex-players. Very very very rarely does a great football player also become a great head coach.

Name the last player to lead a team to a national chmpionship and then go on to be a great head coach. I'm sure its been multiple decades ago. Coaching these days means so much more than just knowing football and its also more than just recruiting. You're the CEO of a corporation. You need leadership skills, organizational skills, public relations skills, problem solving skills, innovation skills, etc.

Just thank them for their time as a player and move on.
I've been a fan of Tennessee for over 50 years and Tamaurice Martin is the only QB in that time to bring me the joy of a National Championship and for that, I will be forever grateful.

Out of curiosity, has anyone heard about the "Tee Martin Curse?" Yes, I am being serious as I just heard about this "curse" a couple of days ago.

All of those guys were highly rated coming out of HS. Just dont know how much I would directly contribute to Tee Martin's coaching and influence in getting them good enough to get into the league. Sounds critical, just think the guy gets way too much credit. JMO

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...e-martin-expected-to-join-acc-coaching-staff/

As the Tennessee Volunteers continue to search for a new offensive coordinator to replace Tyson Helton, former Vol QB Tee Martin is apparently moving on to an ACC school.

After being let go as USC’s offensive coordinator earlier this offseason, Martin has been looking to join a Power 5 staff, and it appears he’s found a new home.

Per a report from Appalachian State insider Tyler Rash, Louisville coach Scott Satterfield (hired recently after coaching at App State) is expected to hire Martin this week:

I really didn't think he'd leave the West Coast.
Don't want to sound too much like a smartas-, but who really cares? He has not done too well out west, so why would he do any better in the east? Could help with recruiting (name recognition) in this area and south Alabama. That's all I see him being able to bring to the table.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
All of those guys were highly rated coming out of HS. Just dont know how much I would directly contribute to Tee Martin's coaching and influence in getting them good enough to get into the league. Sounds critical, just think the guy gets way too much credit. JMO

I mean what is coaching at all?
Right??
He shouldn't have even been hired or fired from his post as OC...
It's kind of a voluntary thing anyways...

Look, dude if you don't like Tee, cool.
But not giving him credit for players he's directly coached, is just ridiculous....
That same treatment is what Tee has dealt with his whole career. And as a player at UT

Reactions: Remy
I like Tee but I have a bad taste in my mouth about how he talks about us. He turned down a job with us under Butch which I understand but it was to stay with Kiffin of all people.

who wouldn't? very smart decision if you ask most and they're being honest.

Then after Pruitt was hired he was asked if he had been talked to about being the OC here. He said "I have talked with them and I made it VERY clear that the ONLY way I would EVER go back to Tennessee was as head coach.

you got a link for this?

Then when he was stripped of his play calling duties this year he complained in an interview saying that he was used to having people be prejudiced against him and talked about how bad he was treated as QB while he was playing here. His own son was in Knoxville and wouldn't even give us a look.

over clemson. are you kidding?

I remember when Tee talked fondly of UT in an interview while coaching at Kentucky but it seems like recently that he has thrown us under the bus and acted like the time he spent here was terrible. The only time I saw him speak fondly about us recently was when a few people showed up with bring Tee home posters at a USC game before we got Pruitt and I think that had more to do with him thinking he was going to be head coach here.

i think you like others have jumped on the hate train and you're either making a lot of this stuff up or passing off made up stuff. however i asked for links so you could very easily prove me wrong

Why you hate Tee so much, scooter?

Right??

But not giving him credit for players he's directly coached, is just ridiculous....
That same treatment is what Tee has dealt with his whole career. And as a player at UT
So is Alvin Kamara in the league because of Butch Jones?

Reactions: CaliVol2009
Gonna be some folks upset about this one
nah.....tee aint ready for the SEC. the Pac 10 competition has given him some bad habits. he would be a worse version of Helton. both he and helton have to be able to develop the offensive line to withstand NFL caliber D-Lineman in the SEC. until that happens, Pac 10 coordinators will have a tough transition into the SEC. coordinators from the SEC and Big 10 are best suited to provide instant success in the SEC due to their experience in power football concepts and offensive line development.

This year could tell whether or not the baggage issue is still alive and well.

No doubt he did great things at UT but he is not a great coach. I hope he does great things there, not sure he will ever be at UT again.
I agree at this point. I hope he can improve and become a very good coordinator and possibly HC. If and when he becomes an excellent OC or HC, maybe he'll find his way back on Rocky Top. Good luck Tee.

I agree at this point. I hope he can improve and become a very good coordinator and possibly HC. If and when he becomes an excellent OC or HC, maybe he'll find his way back on Rocky Top. Good luck Tee.
No, too much abuse too quickly if he doesn't win immediately. We need to keep our "superstars" such as Peyton and Tee away from coaching here.

Reactions: MoodyVol
Tee won in 98 because of the team full of NFL players around him. They came to Knoxville to play with PM. PM didn't get to realize their full potential as they where young. The OL was not that good during PM's time yet they improved greatly as they got older. He is a journeyman player. That is why he never played in the NFL.

As for him as a coach and a person, he had the opportunity to come here and make very good money and coach at his alma mater and most importantly be in his son's life yet his words where he had to stay at USC to coach a WR that was a Heisman Candidate. He choose that over his own school that made him and his own son that he made. Good riddance. He is a below average coach regardless of how you shake it. He is not a HC type regardless of the program.

Right??

Like him or not Tee turned out correct about Jalen Hurd, said he was soft. I gave Tee grief for it at the time here on VN, turns out I was wrong. You simply do not see very many P5 RBs quit the RB position and want to do something else in the twilight of their collegiate careers.

VN Store

Back