Tee Headed to Louisville

Good luck Tee. I actually have a reason to watch Big East/ACC games now, in lieu of shaking my head and changing the channel in favor of watching grass grow

Reactions: Remy
He refused to even interview at Austin Peay.... hope he sucks it up at UL.🤬🤬

Yes......I’m bitter and proud of it. 👍

Reactions: oryankees
Good luck Tee. You had your chance to come home but said hell no. I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to join the Lyle dumpster fire. Best of luck to you!!

Reactions: lexkyvol
You are assuming Tee doesn’t want to be the OC here and not the other way around.

He doesent imo. Tennessee did everything they could only for Tee to take the phone and hang it up.

That being said I could see the fat cats still saying no if Pruitt wanted him here.

What's crazy is...
Tyson Helton and Tee Martin were equal in coaching ranks just 1 year ago!
1 freaking year ago....
Now one is a Head Coach...
The other is not.
AND they both end up in the state of Kentucky!

I think he would be great there as a position coach. It's clear he was in over his head as an OC, and that's not a slight against him. It was just more than he could handle.

Reactions: BreatheUT
When he pulls too Talent for the cards folks are gonna scream from the mountain tops about why he won’t come to Tennessee.

Theres obviously some sort of grudge there or he just Doesent want to stain his image in Knoxville.

Yes. You are correct.

As far as his coaching strenghts go, he's a very good coach. I wonder how well USCs offense would have ran if Tyson had stayed and Tee had left.

I like Tyson. He showed creativity and ability to adjust. But it's tough with no QB to operate with. And Tee had no more Sam Darnold. Both had supbar years as Offensive Coordinators, yet one gets a promotion haha...

Never wanted Tee to get a HC interview here last year. Didn't really want him as OC this year, unless CJP did. But, I would be glad to have Tee here as a position coach. Especially for recruiting.

Would be glad to have him sick the cupboard here and grow into a more experienced coordinator some day.

It will be interesting to see if Tee is the great recruiter that many have said on this board, or if it was a result of SoCal talent and wanting to play for USC. I doubt the recruits are lined up, chomping at the bit, to get into Louisville as they were for the Trojans.

I’ve never been a huge fan of Tee as a coach, not that he’s necessarily bad, just that Tennessee should be able to do better, imo, for a coordinator position.

However, he’s a very good recruiter based upon his body of work, and I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t recruit *really* well. It hasn’t been unusual for UT and Louisville to go head to head in recruiting in the past, and it’ll probably happen again very soon.

And I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t pull some guys that we want. Just saying.

When did this happen?
man, this Tee hate is dumb but they have to make-up something to cover up the real reason they dont want him in a high position. one poster even said....in another thread.....the man should come back and beg for forgiveness. i mean if that doesnt speak loud....

VN Store

Back