Swain hints at opt-outs

I think there's a small group that needs all the help they can get, but lots of players on both ends of the spectrum. If you're already very good, you wont risk your iminent NFL future. If you really aren't NFL material and you know it, you probably wont want to risk playing this year for no benefit.
Yea but you have not heard of one turd player (one of the top ones) opting out as of yet. Wonder why? Cause they are being paid pretty well in turd land.

Reactions: 08Vol
I'm still trying to understand Gibbs opt-out. He's opting out due to COVID yet he still goes to school and practices with the team.

Is there an added COVID danger of playing a football game as compared to attending classes and practicing?
Well, there is for walking the wrong way down a one way aisle at wal mart, so I guess it could be the same for practice vs games.🤷‍♂️
GBO!!

Reactions: V24601
This week on the Swain Event he has mentioned several times that there were still some players that were considering opting out. Yesterday, he particularly mentioned that it would really cause a problem at "one of our positions" as if multiple players from one position were considering. Today while referring to opt outs, the defensive line came into the conversation. He has not mentioned names?
You gotta think players opting out( and the season somehow plays out) are not gonna be playing next year. Coaches will move on from em. Even though they’re on the roster still.

Reactions: Bobo0101 and Remy
On that subject, I saw on the Channel 3 11:00 PM in Chattanooga last night that the CDC has sent notifications to all 50 states informing them that a vaccine may be available as soon as late October. The news was that there will be several different vaccines that will be available. What say you VolNation?
Getting closer to election day!

Reactions: Smokebern20
This week on the Swain Event he has mentioned several times that there were still some players that were considering opting out. Yesterday, he particularly mentioned that it would really cause a problem at "one of our positions" as if multiple players from one position were considering. Today while referring to opt outs, the defensive line came into the conversation. He has not mentioned names?
The only thing that makes sense when opting out is going pro. Covid-19 is not a significant health risk to the vast majority of college athletes.

There are currently two major Phase 3 covid vaccine trials (each is considered one of the top candidates) in Knoxville. Still recruiting. And it pays! Coach should enroll the whole team. Hell, it’s two shots and go about your business. They won’t even miss practice. Might be an effective strategy to maintain some depth...plus put $2000 into the players’ pockets without breaking the rules.

At least we aren’t LSU...so far on sit outs

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Can’t blame the kids this season is not going to be a normal season and alot of people won’t consider it a legit season and it really isn’t when you have four conferences not playing.

If the SEC is playing, it’s a legit season. With the SEC playing conference games only, it’s a super legit season. It’s big boy football every week. Who GAF what the talking heads, NCAA, or anyone else says?

If the SEC is playing, it’s a legit season. With the SEC playing conference games only, it’s a super legit season. It’s big boy football every week. Who GAF what the talking heads, NCAA, or anyone else says?
I work with a Michigan fan who was saying without the big 10 and PAC 12 playing its not legitimate lol like Michigan had any chance at making the playoff.

I work with a Michigan fan who was saying without the big 10 and PAC 12 playing its not legitimate lol like Michigan had any chance at making the playoff.

Feel free to tell Michelin Man, I mean Michigan Fan, two things:

1. In the history of the playoffs, no B10 team even gets invited but about half the time. And the PAC doesn't even make it but about half as often as the B10.
2. Even when they make it, in the past four years not a single B10 or PAC team has won in the first round. They don't even show up for the championship game, already gone by then.

Based on those two facts, just how much does the fella thing college football is missing them? [You can raise your hand up to his face and put your thumb and first finger almost touching at this point. He'll love it. You won't get beat up, Cmac, trust me.]

JMO but the pros pay the players who love playing the game no matter what. They want men with heart and the love for the game. No room for a kid who will bow out at the first opportunity. But that's just me. There's only 53 spots. I think there's a bunch of kids making a bad decision.

Ohio State would be the only team in 2 conferences that would have a chance to win anything of relevance

I said MAY.
Nobody knows for sure If or Why.
Agents talk to any player that even might have NFL talent.
Shotgun approach, if one hits , it's a homerun.
Misses are the cost of doing business.
Bagmen bring players to college.
Agents bring players to the NFL.
Pretty sure Trevor Lawrence would get into the league without an agent but sure.

There are currently two major Phase 3 covid vaccine trials (each is considered one of the top candidates) in Knoxville. Still recruiting. And it pays! Coach should enroll the whole team. Hell, it’s two shots and go about your business. They won’t even miss practice. Might be an effective strategy to maintain some depth...plus put $2000 into the players’ pockets without breaking the rules.
You go first...

Reactions: Doberman
Alabama players opting out: 0

Clemson players opting out: 0

And those two teams have more NFL locks than anyone. I can’t help but be impressed with the coaching/culture at those programs.
That’s because those 2 teams are on a revenge tour after losing to LSU last season. At least I think that plays a huge role.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
That’s because those 2 teams are on a revenge tour after losing to LSU last season. At least I think that plays a huge role.
There really wasn’t any shame losing to one of the best teams to ever touch a football field. That’s just a tip of the cap kind of team. Losing to an Arkansas would be a revenge kind of game since that’s embarrassing.

Reactions: 08Vol
You gotta think players opting out( and the season somehow plays out) are not gonna be playing next year. Coaches will move on from em. Even though they’re on the roster still.

Exactly! You practice and play with the kids who show up for practice and the games. Coach speak is going to be all about we support you and your decision blah lah blah. See Kirby's send off to his projected Heisman candidate that opted out, "he's always welcome,. he'll always be a dawg" blah blah blah BS. Kirby has moved on, best believe that.

I think rushing a new vaccine into use is dangerous. These Covid vaccines are being processed by a new, never before used, process, called RNA. All previous vaccine have used weaken or killed virus protiens to grow in a medium from which the vaccines are harvested. No one knows if these new vaccines are safe or efficient. They may produce both b and T cell antibodies, but knowone knows how long these antibodies may last. Preliminary data that antibodies produced from the disease can last at least 3 months , however there have been a few ase of reinfexion in people who had the disease. Dara from the vaccine trials will be available within 2-3 months after the vaccine has been administered, but those data will not determine how long those antibodies will last. The vaccine are currently being tested in 30,000 or so volunteers. In the normal process, several hundred thousand doses are administered in the final phase 3 trials. Those numbers are needed to try to insure that rare adverse events associated with the vaccines are discovered before millions of patiens are vaccinated. In the past, full blow cases of the disease have occured (polio) and other conditions Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS) with H1N1 during the mass Swine Flu program conducted in 1976. These data require more time to be discovered to assure a safe and efficient vaccine is being administered. Rushing a deliver a new vaccine using a new never before used process without a larger test pool is dangerous.

Totally agree. I have a much greater fear of a new rushed vaccine than I do of the Covid, and I’m in my 60’s

VN Store

Back