(Speculation)Miles in talks of finishing a deal

My biggest concern is that his side of the ball caused him to get fired. What is his expertise?

You'll probably never find a more stubborn coach than Les. I dont know if thats what we need right now. I'd love to see some new coaches and ideas come into the SEC. Not sure who fits that criteria but thats what Fulmer is now in charge of finding.

Reactions: 1 person
Could be, but would he have too many job responsibilities? OC, Associate head coach, QB coach

My understanding has been that the Associate head coach title is more of respect and hierarchy than actual job duties. Strip and Hoke have been the two from the last era. It’s usually a foregone conclusion that they’re the one to take the reins if the HC can’t. So it would make sense for Tee to have it...if he’s truly HCIW. Many OC’s hold the dual role as QB coach so that’s no stretch. If we ever get that 10th assistant, and a great QB coach is available? :dunno:

My understanding has been that the Associate head coach title is more of respect and hierarchy than actual job duties. Strip and Hoke have been the two from the last era. It’s usually a foregone conclusion that they’re the one to take the reins if the HC can’t. So it would make sense for Tee to have it...if he’s truly HCIW. Many OC’s hold the dual role as QB coach so that’s no stretch. If we ever get that 10th assistant, and a great QB coach is available? :dunno:

The 10th assistant is coming in January.

I'm interested in what you define as "get it done". Could you explain that for me?

Championships. RECENTLY. If he couldn't do it there with more talent, he won't get it done here, in the same conference . He hasn't done anything since 2011 and avg 3rd in the west since

Not hard to find a good Oline coach, and good recruiters are a dime a dozen. We don't have to overpay for those.

Won’t have to for Les either. At his age he just wants to go out right. Stabilizing presence with tons of networking contacts. Could see Jeff Grimes come aboard for OL coach and he’s amongst the best. I don’t believe in the HCIW concept but this could be a rare instance where all the decks are lined up. Aging successful coach dumped before he was ready. Always needed his coordinators to win games so his OC would be the young hungry hometown hero that needs 2-3 years of seasoning. They find a great DC and with both Fulmer’s and Les’s contacts they find one. With everything laid out for him and working for a man who relates to his situation in Fulmer, he allows Tee to take more and more HC responsibilities while helping him recruit the playmakers and depth for the program. Skeptical of this plan when first proposed, but liking it more and more. I’ll wait to even plan on getting excited tho. :)

I would be happy with Les Miles, Tee Martin, and John Chavis in the big three positions. Hopefully we would see a great D line and O line coach as well. We need a better QB coach and were ready to roll.

I have some family friends that seem to think there are legs to Miles being the head coach and Tee being involved as OC... Seems to be some stipulations on the offensive side of the ball in this... I also believe there has been by Les calls to start assembling a staff together... With new and old faces....

Again I have no main sources but it seems to have some legs to this idea atleast.

You will never let me believe that Les Miles would let anyone run a wide open spread offense like Tee runs. Miles likes the 1932 style that Michigan ran....three yards and a cloud of dust....run run run. This is the reason LSU fired him. Absolutely no innovation....very predictable and can be stopped by any average defense. If Miles is the coach , yall can have it.

You will never let me believe that Les Miles would let anyone run a wide open spread offense like Tee runs. Miles likes the 1932 style that Michigan ran....three yards and a cloud of dust....run run run. This is the reason LSU fired him. Absolutely no innovation....very predictable and can be stopped by any average defense. If Miles is the coach , yall can have it.

Ok

Les won his NC with Gary Crowton...nicknamed “The Wizard”...as the OC. You didn’t get more WIDE OPEN than with that character!

Les by the numbers. I think he did just fine at LSU. Reeled in a top 10 recruiting class 9 times in his 11 seasons to name one.

By the numbers: How Les Miles compares to other great SEC coaches

I won't dispute those recruiting classes. What I will say is those teams were loaded with Louisiana playerss. Not quite the same talent here in Tennessee. I hope some Louisiana kids that liked him would follow. However towards the end of his LSU tenure. In 50/50 recruiting battles kids chose to go to Bama over staying home. I like Les and can get behind the hire. However anyone thinking he can get back to where he was early on following Saban is delusional.

Cue the jlaw yeah okay gif.

Well, there's this

Blonde.gif

I want a younger coach who has got some hc experience. Brohm for instance

Les would not be brought in as a long term solution. If Tee comes with Miles, the plan is obvious. Let Miles and company stabilize the program, recruit at a high level to boost our team's talent, and groom Tee to take over as HC when Miles retires in a few years. All things considered, I think this is the best possible scenario we can hope for.

Les would not be brought in as a long term solution. If Tee comes with Miles, the plan is obvious. Let Miles and company stabilize the program, recruit at a high level to boost our team's talent, and groom Tee to take over as HC when Miles retires in a few years. All things considered, I think this is the best possible scenario we can hope for.

I love this idea, not sure itvwill happen but it should and it should quickly. But after the last several weeks of this crap show I ain’t gettin my hopes up no more to be disappointed yet again.

VN Store

Back