(Speculation)Miles in talks of finishing a deal

Fournette is doing just fine in terms NFL. Les has not had an offense since he lost the NC game.

Humble Pie....been eating it for a year. The man coaches teams that dominate the line of scrimmage. When have we seen that here. He has had to sit out of coaching and think about his deficiencies...sit back and learn from it. He is human.

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah, a decade ago. Might as well just hire Fulmer.

We have to win the East Division....his road to an SEC Title is much easier here than stuck on the West Division. Win the East....no one on this side has more big game experience on our side of the SEC than him.

Humble Pie....been eating it for a year. The man coaches teams that dominate the line of scrimmage. When have we seen that here. He has had to sit out of coaching and think about his deficiencies...sit back and learn from it. He is human.

Hopefully Fulmer can tell when he interviews him.

Reactions: 1 person
Because the impression was that he couldn't get it done with the best player to ever put on an LSU uniform (Fournette). Turns out that Fournette was a bit overrated.

However, his lacking of the ability to identify, recruit, and develop quarterbacks is extremely concerning.

Why would we hire someone more stubborn and resistant to change than Butch Jones. He's obviously better than Jones but Fulmer needs to exhaust all avenues first.

I love the fact Fulmer is the AD now. But Miles is Butch Jones with a different style of offense. I do like the power football better but neither could adapt and change to fit the players. Is there a reason he never had good QB play during his time. If he couldn't run the ball then he didn't score.

I love the fact Fulmer is the AD now. But Miles is Butch Jones with a different style of offense. I do like the power football better but neither could adapt and change to fit the players. Is there a reason he never had good QB play during his time. If he couldn't run the ball then he didn't score.

Now, Les isn’t my preferred choice, but that’s an insult to Les. Les, a national championship winning coach, shouldn’t ever be compared to that loser.

He was an OL at Michigan and coached it for 12 seasons. He’s in line philosophically with Fulmer and a dogged recruiter of the big uglies. I’m an open critic of the HCIW as a concept. At Les’s age and willingness to go out on a high note, a 3 year swing with Tee taking on more and more duties every season is buyable. Didn’t with Cut because he’s more a teacher and won’t stop until HE’S ready...and that won’t be mandated.

He was an OL at Michigan and coached it for 12 seasons. He’s in line philosophically with Fulmer and a dogged recruiter of the big uglies. I’m an open critic of the HCIW as a concept. At Les’s age and willingness to go out on a high note, a 3 year swing with Tee taking on more and more duties every season is buyable. Didn’t with Cut because he’s more a teacher and won’t stop until HE’S ready...and that won’t be mandated.

I agree with you there. Only other important aspect of a Les Miles hire is to make sure we get a great QB coach. That was Miles’ greatest weakness was developing QB’s

Um, he's hired. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Les sign MOU at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

I agree with you there. Only other important aspect of a Les Miles hire is to make sure we get a great QB coach. That was Miles’ greatest weakness was developing QB’s

So if we sell the Tee Martin thing, you don’t see HIM as the QB coach?

I think that was with saban old team he won that with. He took over in 05 and won 08.

Very true. It could work out if he’s surrounded with an elite staff. I could definitely see that.

Because the impression was that he couldn't get it done with the best player to ever put on an LSU uniform (Fournette). Turns out that Fournette was a bit overrated.

However, his lacking of the ability to identify, recruit, and develop quarterbacks is extremely concerning.

Miles would have been fine if he had not run dry at the QB position. They ended up with duds for QB and still barely have one.

Miles would have been fine if he had not run dry at the QB position. They ended up with duds for QB and still barely have one.

I think the biggest worry with Miles is that you may get into another Butch Jones situation where Miles simply sticks to his ways no matter what. I think Miles simply wore out his welcome at LSU, much like Fulmer did here, where no matter what Miles did he was probably getting canned. If somehow a Tee/Miles combo came here, you have to get 100% on board with that. I also think you have to shell out big money for the defensive staff. In the end, I could get behind a Miles hire if we could bring in someone like Tee or Steele with him. Miles by himself, no Tee, no other coaches with some TN ties, worries me a little. That’s just me tho.

I think the biggest worry with Miles is that you may get into another Butch Jones situation where Miles simply sticks to his ways no matter what. I think Miles simply wore out his welcome at LSU, much like Fulmer did here, where no matter what Miles did he was probably getting canned. If somehow a Tee/Miles combo came here, you have to get 100% on board with that. I also think you have to shell out big money for the defensive staff. In the end, I could get behind a Miles hire if we could bring in someone like Tee or Steele with him. Miles by himself, no Tee, no other coaches with some TN ties, worries me a little. That’s just me tho.

He's an offensive coach who got fired because of bad offense.

Don’t even mention Les Miles in the same sentence as Butch Jones.

VN Store

Back