Salter released from team

Memphis might take him or maybe UCLA Kelly is finished if he doesn't win this season
That’s all he had to do. Go some place like that and show out and then he can sign a big $ contract with a school w/o penalty for transferring . You can’t even do that in the NFL.

This is a shame. It looks as though the kid needs to reassess priorities. Didn't he post something on social media a week or so ago about players being able to profit from their likeness and putting himself out there to try and garner some financial benefit? Seems like a player should have to actually do something praiseworthy on the college level before they attempt to market themselves for financial benefit. This has an arrogant feel to it. He apparently did not learn his lesson from his previous incident. At some point, there has to be some personal accountability or penalties for lack there of. I honestly hope the young man turns it around. Shame that it won't be on Rocky Top though.

Reactions: GoodlettsvilleVol
This is the best thing that has ever happened to this kid. He just doesn’t know it yet. I’m not talking about football.

"Never let a good deed go unpunished." Salter took that old saw literally, didn't he? After the University and Coach Heupel gave him a second chance, the kid basically slapped them in the face for their trouble. Without a doubt, dismissing him was in the best interests of UT, and more specifically, the football program. Hopefully, the kid will grow up. Some never do.

Needs a year off to work and take a correspondence course. UTEP may be a good destination.

Guys like Salter remind me of those NFL prospects who can't lay off the weed long enough to clear it from their systems prior to the NFL combine urinalysis and literally piss away millions because their draft stock plummets. They know its coming but the pull of the devil's lettuce is too great.

Invoke the "Whizzinator" LOL

Reactions: davethevol
Hope Salter grows up, but I have low expectations. He embarrassed himself, his family, and the school - and set back the program by having us waste time and recruiting resources on him. I don't feel sorry for him - he had every opportunity. DA choices have consequences. Good for coach Heupel.

His first incident should have been a wake-up call. And what's that old adage? "Nothing good happens after midnight?" And here he is, tooling around at 3 am, when "routine traffic stops," are way likelier to occur. Wasted opportunity, and totally avoidable!
Heupel had to set the tone for these shenanigans, and hoping other players take notice!

Reactions: barrylee
Hope Salter grows up, but I have low expectations. He embarrassed himself, his family, and the school - and set back the program by having us waste time and recruiting resources on him. I don't feel sorry for him - he had every opportunity. DA choices have consequences. Good for coach Heupel.
I’m starting to think his family isn’t all that embarrassed. Most likely they’ve been aware of his lousy attitude and haven’t made any real attempts to fix it as he grew up.

Oh, I get it. The lightbulb finally came on for me.

"Al" is "AL" ... Alabama. You're a Bama fan.

That solves it; I couldn't figure out if you were a troll or just a sadist, but...Bama troll makes sense with the name.
If I’m not seeing what you’re addressing? Then you’re right. 😉

Reactions: Behr and VFL-82-JP

VN Store

Back