Salter released from team

He'll go JUCO for this upcoming season and be on an SEC roster next season.

Face it, what happened this weekend would have never seen the light of day in most other SEC school towns.
Remember when that Bama guy was busted a few years back with loaded guns with no permit and smoking weed lol. Saban suspended him for a half against a cupcake team. Saban and the crimson mafia bought the DA off in lousiania to get him out of trouble.

Nobody good is gonna take a chance on this kid until he gets picked up by a small school and then balls out. No one has any reason to take a chance because the transfer portal is always a year away and schools want a proven commodity instead of wasting a scholly on a kid with discipline and legal problems.
Memphis might take him or maybe UCLA Kelly is finished if he doesn't win this season

The Vol Nation collectively helped his sick father with his bills and son Salter pays us back with actions like this?

Wonder what his father is saying to him?

My gosh. It's not even July yet and he's done enough bad to get tossed.

Wonder how he's going to market his image now?

How about selling airline tickets from Tennessee to Texas. :)

Note - It has never ceased to amaze me how a player could be released from a school for unacceptable behaviour and yet have a group of other schools chasing and clamoring over him.

Last edited:
He has no one to blame but himself. I hope he can get his life turned around. His family has been through a lot lately. That was the quickest I think I’ve seen a player get himself kicked off the team. I’m glad Heupel gave him a chance, but did not tolerate repeat offenses.

Probably the best thing for the culture of the locker room under a new coach. He could have been great in the new offense, but kept making public mistakes.

Reactions: Orange Swagger

Face it, what happened this weekend would have never seen the light of day in most other SEC school towns.
Players get busted of possession in every SEC town. You can only give so many second chances.

Reactions: a vol n tears

Except he’s already had two chances and keeps making the same dumb mistakes.

Choosing armed robbery and weed over your football career is his own fault.

Except he’s already had two chances and keeps making the same dumb mistakes.

Choosing armed robbery and weed over your football career is his own fault.

I agree he acted like an idiot, but it doesn't negate the fact that if this happened in Gumpville the first phone call from the cop would have been to the football office.

I agree he acted like an idiot, but it doesn't negate the fact that if this happened in Gumpville the first phone call from the cop would have been to the football office.

True.

However, the sh*t show situation Heupel walked in probably makes this decision more justified.

Keeping Salter would just be another distraction in the locker room along with the NCAA cloud hanging over our heads.

Remember when that Bama guy was busted a few years back with loaded guns with no permit and smoking weed lol. Saban suspended him for a half against a cupcake team. Saban and the crimson mafia bought the DA off in lousiania to get him out of trouble.
Come on man, cut him some slack. Cam Robinson spent his teenage years working and sweating while the DA got to sit in air conditioning.

True.

However, the sh*t show situation Heupel walked in probably makes this decision more justified.

Keeping Salter would just be another distraction in the locker room along with the NCAA cloud hanging over our heads.

I agree CJH didn't have another option, he had to cut bait. I'm just pointing out that UT football, campus and KPD are not on the same team as in other SEC towns.

VN Store

Back