Remember when Aaron Murray said...

Has JP signed the new contract yet?Because of covid, and the coaches taking lower salaries, I remember reading he hadn’t signed it yet because it would give him a raise. So instead he was holding off/keeping the lower of the two salaries instead of signing/and then taking some off his new salary.

Did Fulmer say why he gave him an extension? He was 13-12 at the time and had signed a 5 year contract already smh.
Same reason he got one at the end if his coaching career. To show stability for recruits. The he cashed it in for the next six years after he was canned.

Speaking of the bowl game, its funny how it seems we have regressed and Indiana is a top 12 team who is 6-1. Damn maybe we should have lost that bowl game.

You don’t even have to go back that far, look at Mizzou. Since we beat them 2 months ago they have improved and we have gone the opposite way.

Reactions: VollerNbham and JT3
Pruitt would not work as a head coach 3 years ago? History has shown him to be correct. Tonight he said, "Jeremy Pruitt thinks the gap is closing, it just doesn’t show on film and I really don’t think it’s a lack of talent” He's correct again.
This guy? He was drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs in the fifth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He really knows alot...especially riding the bench.

If I remember correctly, Murray was one of the butt hurt guys from the dust up between Pruitt and Richt. Oh, that explains the Gator worship on CBS today.
The fact that Pruitt couldn't get along with Mark Richt is a major red flag in retrospect. I hate UGA but I've never heard of anyone else who didn't get along with Richt, in fact it's a near universal opinion that he is a stand up guy and one of the real gentleman of the game. He's also a much better coach than Pruitt, after 3 years Richt was 32-8, Pruitt is 15-18. If he's at all interested in getting back into coaching Richt ought to be our first call, he's only 60. I doubt Fulmer's ego would permit it though.

Last edited:
He was a courtesy interview for Sexton at MSU. Moorhead was always the guy there.....

What's more telling is Memphis wouldnt give Pruitt an interview after Fuente left although Sexton tried to push for one...
Thats bc Memphis wanted to keep their same system in place. Thats why their next 2 HC's came from that same staff. They are replacing their HC's every other year but the system thats in place has stayed the same.

I remember sitting next to a bunch of Cincy fans during the game when we played them when Dooley was coach and they cussed Butch the whole game. Couldn't stand him. That memory was the first thing I thought of the day we hired him.
Still can't believe we hired a guy who lost to the coach we had just fired.

Reactions: BigOrangeFanatic
I’m Jewish. This actually offends me since you are a decent poster. Expect more from someone like you.
I know Hogg pretty well. You may have noticed that my name appears in his signature. That’s from a long running joke about his lack of support for CJP.
I’m Jewish and he knows that. His wife works with Jews. I apologize if you thought our banter was somehow offensive. I’m absolutely shocked you think I’m a decent poster. Most think I’m an azzhole.

Thats bc Memphis wanted to keep their same system in place. Thats why their next 2 HC's came from that same staff. They are replacing their HC's every other year but the system thats in place has stayed the same.

Fuente came from TCU. Norvell, who replaced Fuente, came from Arizona State. Norvell had never worked with Fuente in any capacity....

When Posters say " We have the talent, we just need the right coach", I'm not sure what they're watching.

UT is far behind on the talent gap. Especially on defense. Our DB's are terrible.

Reactions: tbones0711
Can you tell me of any organization that would hire someone they fired 12 years ago for not meeting expectations to run the entire organization?
I like and respect Fulmer.... but it was the most preposterous hire ever. It was like firing your yard man because the grass died and then hiring him back to be in charge of the grass for the whole neighborhood.

Reactions: hog88

VN Store

Back