Remember when Aaron Murray said...

Murray being the SEC's all time leading passer gives him some credibility in calling an SEC game also.
Murray is a smart guy, but between “Voles”, some odd cliches and several “what’d he just say” moments, you could tell it was definitely the CBSSN crew and not the A-team.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
Fuente came from TCU. Norvell, who replaced Fuente, came from Arizona State. Norvell had never worked with Fuente in any capacity....
The next 2 coaches were Norvell & Silverman who were on the same staff. They didnt change systems they just promoted from within.

The next 2 coaches were Norvell & Silverman who were on the same staff. They didnt change systems they just promoted from within.

But I was referring to 2015 when Memphis had to replace Fuente. Sexton tried to get Pruitt an interview and Sexton was turned down because Memphis boosters viewed Pruitt as "toxic."

Agree Norvell and Silverman were on same staff but that was 2019. Norvell and Fuente (who left in 2015) had no connection.

Pruitt would not work as a head coach 3 years ago? History has shown him to be correct. Tonight he said, "Jeremy Pruitt thinks the gap is closing, it just doesn’t show on film and I really don’t think it’s a lack of talent” He's correct again.
Everybody sees it except PF and apparently the BOT. UT will have the Vandy game cancelled. We'll play aTm to a 10 point game and start Bailey. The mouthpieces will then try to sell the fans on the younger players and that we've turned the corner after having missed the spring/summer due to the china virus. Pruitt will return next season. Fans will buy it....again. They'll start counting stars in the FR/SO class and think we're gonna be the surprise of CFB. Thoughts of 8-9 wins will start racing through some heads. Then the season starts. We'll have some lackluster performances vs the patsies then the annual loss to UF will bring us crashing back to earth. That will set the season on its inevitable course to 4-5 wins...assuming we don't pull another georgia state. This is how it goes every season at UT. It's groundhog day big orange style.

Reactions: Codaman and Caz
I had to laugh when they brought up a freeze warning during the broadcast. I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned that little banter.

He probably stole that from VN. Im sure he reads VN on the regular.

I’m wondering if Pruitt’s contact extension was the result of UT getting played by Jimmy Sexton. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gave UT some bs like Bama is interested in Pruitt and Phil panicked.

And to know that other SEC schools’ fans are just hoping and praying we don’t hire Freeze because they know we’d be hell to play and Freeze would actually want to come here...

AND UT probably won’t entertain the thought of reaching out. Our biggest rival is Vandy now.1607264360794.gif

And to know that other SEC schools’ fans are just hoping and praying we don’t hire Freeze because they know we’d be hell to play and Freeze would actually want to come here...

AND UT probably won’t entertain the thought of reaching out. Our biggest rival is Vandy now.View attachment 328313

This is unfortunately true. Hubbs said he feels like Fulmer and Freeze have issues going back Freeze's time at briarcrest.

No, Jobs built Apple. He wasn’t fired for under performing he was fired for being an azzhole.

Jobs had to beg Bill Gates for a loan to stay in business due to his performance. He was let go the first time for cause, just cause. I've owned Apple stock before it ever split and was $12 a share. Jobs learned from his mistakes and realized he had areas he needed to clean up to be a successful CEO and save the company again, and he did.

Murray is a smart guy, but between “Voles”, some odd cliches and several “what’d he just say” moments, you could tell it was definitely the CBSSN crew and not the A-team.

Of course, the A-Team had to camp-follow Bama to its latest skull-dragging session....

After the “Aight!” press conference three years ago my wife called me laughing and gave me the ol’ “hang in there, it’ll get better someday” talk.
Last night we were watching the CC game, and she asked why we don’t go get Chadwell. I told her UT extended Pruitt before the season and she yelled “what?!” loud enough to wake up the baby.

But I was referring to 2015 when Memphis had to replace Fuente. Sexton tried to get Pruitt an interview and Sexton was turned down because Memphis boosters viewed Pruitt as "toxic."

Agree Norvell and Silverman were on same staff but that was 2019. Norvell and Fuente (who left in 2015) had no connection.
My comment was on the last 2 ciaches which was Norvell & Silverman. As a native Memphian i can tell u Pruitt's name never came up here bc he was never an option. Barry Odom was their 1st choice bc he was on Fuente's staff. He was too uncertain so they moved on. They hired Norvell for his recruiting & offensive mind which was similar to what Fuente ran & what Odom would have ran. Then replaced Norvell with Silverman to keep that same system in place.

Isn't he from down around Tampa or somewhere originally? They are a bunch of transplanted Yankees down that way anyway.

When Posters say " We have the talent, we just need the right coach", I'm not sure what they're watching.

UT is far behind on the talent gap. Especially on defense. Our DB's are terrible.
Linebackers aren't much better......especially #27 and #33. They play the run well but can't defend the pass period. Too dang slow. I see gaping holes in coverage everytime an opponent completes a pass big enough to park a semi-rig in.

Reactions: vols 30
Really? Personally, I couldn't care less who the AD is, but if you look at UT athletics overall, are you sure you want to pronounce him a failure? I know football is the cash cow, but ADs are judged over all. Look at:
Basketball--------------------------pretty damn good
Lady Vol BB------------------------looking good
Soccer--------------------------------13th USA
Both golf-----------------------------very good
Both Tennis------------------------very good
Both swimming------------------very good
Baseball------------------------------Vitello!!
Track & Field-----------------------?

Maybe there's a case Fulmer had nothing to do with these other programs (and I know I missed some), but maybe he did. Maybe sometimes we get what we deserve. Maybe if we had let Fulmer retire gracefully in 2010, we could have transitioned to maybe a Cutcliff or someone.
He didn't have anything to do with any of those programs except women's basketball. You can thank Randy Boyd for keeping Rick Barnes

The fact that Pruitt couldn't get along with Mark Richt is a major red flag in retrospect. I hate UGA but I've never heard of anyone else who didn't get along with Richt, in fact it's a near universal opinion that he is a stand up guy and one of the real gentleman of the game. He's also a much better coach than Pruitt, after 3 years Richt was 32-8, Pruitt is 15-18. If he's at all interested in getting back into coaching Richt ought to be our first call, he's only 60. I doubt Fulmer's ego would permit it though.

I remember reading on 2-3 sports sites(don't remember which now) that Murray really liked Richt and had no use for Pruitt for the way that he (Murray) perceived that Pruitt had treated Richt.

Pollack is pretty smart and objective.
To be fair, almost everyone outside Volnation looking in thought this was a Hindenburg Hire the first time they watched a JP presser... privately at least. And Pollack is the most biased homer in sports broadcasting... even Schlabach is embarrassed by his mutt mentality.

VN Store

Back