Remember when Aaron Murray said...

Pruitt would not work as a head coach 3 years ago? History has shown him to be correct. Tonight he said, "Jeremy Pruitt thinks the gap is closing, it just doesn’t show on film and I really don’t think it’s a lack of talent” He's correct again.
If he had started the season with Bailey where would we be? Don't know. Bailey was 12/14 last night. Not bad and he made some rookie mistakes, so he's not gonna just light it up like a Trask from the jump. He's got to develop.

There are several holes in this current team. The one consistent is the total lack of a identity on offense. We want to run but can't. No TE or WR that can get open consistently, no big bruiser type running back which you should have in this type of offense. They just haven't identified their go to guys. When someone does make a couple good plays they stop going to them. It's the weirdest offense i've ever witnessed. They seem to have absolutely no clue what they want to do. Musical QB's now also...Bailey doesn't look ready though , although i would of never pulled him... In year 3 that falls on the head coach.

I also noticed their stellar recruiting class is about where they were last year now as well. Not much positive to take out of the whole mess.

Reactions: Vol2B and 99grad
To be fair, almost everyone outside Volnation looking in thought this was a Hindenburg Hire the first time they watched a JP presser... privately at least. And Pollack is the most biased homer in sports broadcasting... even Schlabach is embarrassed by his mutt mentality.
Chris Doering is even worse.

If I remember correctly, Murray was one of the butt hurt guys from the dust up between Pruitt and Richt. Oh, that explains the Gator worship on CBS today.

I don't care for Murray. Seemed he took every opportunity he could to bash us in a subtle way (some not so subtle).

Reactions: kcvols1
I am not saying this bc I like CJP. But let's be honest here. CJP didn't like how Richt ran the program. Thought he was, and him by association, were under performing. They were.

Can't argue w him on that. Just imagine how many NC trophies UGA would have now had they let Pruitt lead instead of Richt. Mark just can't build up a weak program and win like Pruitt can. Proof is in the poodin'.

I'll probably get roasted for this but I didn't mind Murray doing rhe game. He's got the knowledge just sounds like he needs more experience but he didn't sound like he was biased too much one way or the other..
I’ll take him over Vern 10 times out of 10

Reactions: kcvols1
My comment was on the last 2 ciaches which was Norvell & Silverman. As a native Memphian i can tell u Pruitt's name never came up here bc he was never an option. Barry Odom was their 1st choice bc he was on Fuente's staff. He was too uncertain so they moved on. They hired Norvell for his recruiting & offensive mind which was similar to what Fuente ran & what Odom would have ran. Then replaced Norvell with Silverman to keep that same system in place.

Memphian as well and this is from a decision making booster that likes to rib me in joking manner about our recent football issues. You were right that Odom was a preferred choice but that wasnt going to happen once Pinkel wanted him to succeed him at Mizzou. They had accumulated a list of several potential candidates (obviously Sexton gave them a few names) and Pruitt was on that list although he was well behind Odom and Clark (UAB). Supposedly Lincoln Riley was very high on that list too. He never garnered any consideration because he was deemed "toxic"(that was some month all the stuff about him and Richt was being reported).

That booster likes to point out that big bad UT hired two guys that Memphis passed on (Dooley being the other)

To be fair, almost everyone outside Volnation looking in thought this was a Hindenburg Hire the first time they watched a JP presser... privately at least. And Pollack is the most biased homer in sports broadcasting... even Schlabach is embarrassed by his mutt mentality.
Living in Georgia I see/hear the homers. Pollack is a Georgia guy of course. However, he’s got a great football mind and speaks a lot of truth. You may not like what he says sometimes, but that doesn’t make it any less true.

Living in Georgia I see/hear the homers. Pollack is a Georgia guy of course. However, he’s got a great football mind and speaks a lot of truth. You may not like what he says sometimes, but that doesn’t make it any less true.
Nah, he's been fos AND wrong a lot this year, especially when it comes to his beloved mutts.

I'll probably get roasted for this but I didn't mind Murray doing rhe game. He's got the knowledge just sounds like he needs more experience but he didn't sound like he was biased too much one way or the other..
Best anouncer duo we've had all year by far.

Fulmer took the AD job when it was as much a dumpster fire as the coaching search was. He was screwed. Former HC's who have been AD's have had success. I will give him one more coaching hire. Firing Holly hurt far more then firing CJP would for Phil IMO.

This right here! Once Fulmer came on he was already stuck between a rock and a hard place. People forget nobody was lining up to take the UT job.

Aaron Murray is a c or d- list commentator at best. Pretty much irrelevant. I didn't listen him then and still won’t to this day.

He also has an axe to grind with Pruitt. Some report that Pruitt wasn't real nice to Mark Richt when Pruitt was at Georgia. Murray was a big fan and disciple of Richt. I'm not taking up for Pruitt, just stating that Murray probably doesn't have a real objective view of Pruitt.

Great. I’d forgotten how bad we are at hiring. We even suck at hiring “hiring” firms.

I don’t recall actually
To be fair I think Kiffin was a good hire he just got offered more from his dream job. Anybody in their right mind would have left. UT didn't even bother to try and counter offer.

Aaron Murray is a c or d- list commentator at best. Pretty much irrelevant. I didn't listen him then and still won’t to this day.
C or D commentator doesn't make his statement any less wrong. Time so far has proven him correct. You not listening doesn't change the fact he said it and now many fans are eating crow, to include me.

Last edited:
Reactions: OrangeTsar
Pruitt would not work as a head coach 3 years ago? History has shown him to be correct. Tonight he said, "Jeremy Pruitt thinks the gap is closing, it just doesn’t show on film and I really don’t think it’s a lack of talent” He's correct again.
Absolutely. He was right on the money. I owe the man an apology

VN Store

Back