Remember when Aaron Murray said...

David Pollack was right about Pruitt too, as much as I hate to give him credit for.
I am not saying this bc I like CJP. But let's be honest here. CJP didn't like how Richt ran the program. Thought he was, and him by association, were under performing. They were.

Fulmer took the AD job when it was as much a dumpster fire as the coaching search was. He was screwed. Former HC's who have been AD's have had success. I will give him one more coaching hire. Firing Holly hurt far more then firing CJP would for Phil IMO.

I don’t think it’s within him to admit his mistake.

Reactions: dlravol2 and ugg
We heard the same things from Cincy fans about Butch. We close our eyes and ears during a hiring
I remember sitting next to a bunch of Cincy fans during the game when we played them when Dooley was coach and they cussed Butch the whole game. Couldn't stand him. That memory was the first thing I thought of the day we hired him.

If we would fire Fulmer now, today. And hire a competent AD the process could be better.
Really? Personally, I couldn't care less who the AD is, but if you look at UT athletics overall, are you sure you want to pronounce him a failure? I know football is the cash cow, but ADs are judged over all. Look at:
Basketball--------------------------pretty damn good
Lady Vol BB------------------------looking good
Soccer--------------------------------13th USA
Both golf-----------------------------very good
Both Tennis------------------------very good
Both swimming------------------very good
Baseball------------------------------Vitello!!
Track & Field-----------------------?

Maybe there's a case Fulmer had nothing to do with these other programs (and I know I missed some), but maybe he did. Maybe sometimes we get what we deserve. Maybe if we had let Fulmer retire gracefully in 2010, we could have transitioned to maybe a Cutcliff or someone.

Really? Personally, I couldn't care less who the AD is, but if you look at UT athletics overall, are you sure you want to pronounce him a failure? I know football is the cash cow, but ADs are judged over all. Look at:
Basketball--------------------------pretty damn good
Lady Vol BB------------------------looking good
Soccer--------------------------------13th USA
Both golf-----------------------------very good
Both Tennis------------------------very good
Both swimming------------------very good
Baseball------------------------------Vitello!!
Track & Field-----------------------?

Maybe there's a case Fulmer had nothing to do with these other programs (and I know I missed some), but maybe he did. Maybe sometimes we get what we deserve. Maybe if we had let Fulmer retire gracefully in 2010, we could have transitioned to maybe a Cutcliff or someone.

Womens BB coach is the only one I can think of that Phil hired.

He runs the AD. He doesn't just hire and fire. You know how this whole big business thing works, right?

Ok, inform us. How are the ADs finances looking? How many championships have we won?

Let me ask you this, what pays all of the athletic departments bills?

We are such a terrible program now. 15 of last 16 we have lost vs Florida. Haven’t beat bama since 2006. Smh.

I don’t think it’s within him to admit his mistake.
Fulmer hijacked hiring Leach. Granted, Leach is not a perfect fit at UT. But, we can't recruit with UA, UGA, or UF. The only way to beat those guys is to play an unorthodox game offensively. Pruitt's philosophy is to play the same strategy as those teams and beat them with less talented players. He thought he could out coach Saban, Smart, and Mullen. He was and is wrong. Leach was the right hire at the time. I told my wife when it was announced that we hired Leach that Fulmer would find a way to f it up and he did.

I'll probably get roasted for this but I didn't mind Murray doing rhe game. He's got the knowledge just sounds like he needs more experience but he didn't sound like he was biased too much one way or the other..
Totally agree!! I actually enjoyed his commentary better than I do most

Ok, inform us. How are the ADs finances looking? How many championships have we won?

Let me ask you this, what pays all of the athletic departments bills?
...and somehow you're laying all your life frustrations at the feet of Fulmer, who has had his position the last three years? Tell you what, how about you break down the AD's finances for us

Reactions: Cormock Mac
...and somehow you're laying all your life frustrations at the feet of Fulmer, who has had his position the last three years? Tell you what, how about you break down the AD's finances for us

Can you tell me of any organization that would hire someone they fired 12 years ago for not meeting expectations to run the entire organization?

VN Store

Back