'21 Recruiting Forum: Official Ole Miss Pregame/Game Thread

So i dug into the statistics, and what i will tell you is that barring a substantial outlier from the first 5/6 games, OM will throw for ~300 yards and struggle to run the football (<200yds). We will run for ~350 and throw for ~250. Heupel has been fantastic (and consistent) at exploiting the opposing defenses weaknesses (i.e. high rush yds against bad rush Ds, high pass yds against bad pass Ds, and as a math guy - a weirdly good correlation).The OM defense is the second worst FBS defense we’ve faced this year at both rush and pass D. Ole Miss, on the other hand, has been fairly consistent in the pass game, but the run game has varied significantly based on the opposing run D. Our run D is a bad matchup for ole miss, as their scoring total is highly correlated with opposing rush D. Finally, we lead the league in TFLs which is critical for ending drives when OM is averaging ~5 4th down attempts per game. I would put the line at 48-35 vols. Some may say, well what about Pitt? Pitt currently has the number 20 rush D in the country and as a result we had our lowest rush total of the year against them. For context, mix in a few missed deep balls and the fact that they are a top 5 output offense in the country this year and the takeaways are a bit different.

So i dug into the statistics, and what i will tell you is that barring a substantial outlier from the first 5/6 games, OM will throw for ~300 yards and struggle to run the football (<200yds). We will run for ~350 and throw for ~250. Heupel has been fantastic (and consistent) at exploiting the opposing defenses weaknesses (i.e. high rush yds against bad rush Ds, high pass yds against bad pass Ds, and as a math guy - a weirdly good correlation).The OM defense is the second worst FBS defense we’ve faced this year at both rush and pass D. Ole Miss, on the other hand, has been fairly consistent in the pass game, but the run game has varied significantly based on the opposing run D. Our run D is a bad matchup for ole miss, as their scoring total is highly correlated with opposing rush D. Finally, we lead the league in TFLs which is critical for ending drives when OM is averaging ~5 4th down attempts per game. I would put the line at 48-35 vols. Some may say, well what about Pitt? Pitt currently has the number 20 rush D in the country and as a result we had our lowest rush total of the year against them. For context, mix in a few missed deep balls and the fact that they are a top 5 output offense in the country this year and the takeaways are a bit different.

Probably to late to ask this question but does anyone know of availability for a Hotel ? What area should i search.

Probably to late to ask this question but does anyone know of availability for a Hotel ? What area should i search.
you're on the................. internet, right?
laugh.gif

you're on the................. internet, right?
laugh.gif
Not to be a dick head but I was asking in case someone had knowledge of someone having vacancies. I already searched the knoxville area but im not familiar with Powell, Maryville, Alcoa etc. So the next time dont be a dick.....

I've seen at least one commentator come out and say that they think Pitt is the best team in the ACC. Interesting take and not proven wrong yet imo

Reactions: 2xVol

VN Store

Back