'21 Recruiting Forum: Official Ole Miss Pregame/Game Thread

if you're looking for silver linings....

1. we don't ask our QB to be what MC is asked to be at Ole Miss, so HH doesn't have to "match" MCs performance
2. Our run game will likely get the heavy lifting portion of the game
3. it's not lost on either coach that it's good when our offense is on the field, and theirs isn't.....so it's gonna be interesting to see how both try to manage specific situations from a TOP standpoint, especially if either defense gets some stops/turnovers.

the biggest advantage they have on us is the experience, and just having a deeper overall roster. i'd imagine there has to be a consideration made by OM as to how to best exploit that, and wear our defense down. we won't stop them much, but when we have the opportunities to get them off the field, we need to do so as many times as we can. and win the turnover battle.

and i wonder if this week, we finally get a Special Teams score, or two, that aren't called back on penalties..........?

in the end, i won't be surprised if OM wins. MC is a difference maker and he could wind up being the difference, you're not wrong at all there...

to me, the biggest challenge for us is the mental challenge. are we bought in to the hype? or do we go about our business? do we press while hoping to win and not to make mistakes, or do we play with our hair on fire like the past couple of weeks? if we have our minds right, we're in this game til the end.
It really is a toss-up game imo. Even great QBs have off games though, and if MC has an off game this week...they are toast.

You don't think we can run on their defense?
Yes...I do....but they can on ours too and they have the better QB. That is not a putdown of Hooker though, I just think MC is the best in CFB THIS year...I think if Hendo keeps improving and doesn't get injured that he could be at that level of consistently great play by next season.

I hope we win...I think we can.

I want to believe differently, but I think this game is going to Ole Miss. Their edge at QB is the difference imo...MC is just a straight up hoss. I love Hookers development, but he just isn't at that level.
Hooker has breezed through his last 2 games. I think he has it in him. Also, he won't have to beat Corral straight up, because our running game will do plenty.

Yes...I do....but they can on ours too and they have the better QB. That is not a putdown of Hooker though, I just think MC is the best in CFB THIS year...I think if Hendo keeps improving and doesn't get injured that he could be at that level of consistently great play by next season.

I hope we win...I think we can.
Oh, you said "hope so" when Jacket said we were going to run it down their throat so it sounded like you thought we could not. I think they have the better QB, but we can run on their D so we don't have to have the better QB.

For those going to game, the Neyland record for noise is only 114 decibels for 2015 OU game….you can beat that ?

View attachment 402383
You say only but I remember that game it was so effing loud. My best friend is an OU fan along with his mom. They were both at the game as well. They said the volume in the stadium was an unbelievable experience.

Well I couldn't hear or talk for 3 days . Took my earplugs out trying to hear my son. It was deafening , we may have sit down for halftime o_O

Did not use ear plugs prior to that game. Did afterward. In later years moved to a quiet part of the stadium.

You say only but I remember that game it was so effing loud. My best friend is an OU fan along with his mom. They were both at the game as well. They said the volume in the stadium was an unbelievable experience.

And it seemed like it was continously loud. Awesome experience, just wish we had won.

Reactions: Rizzo924
Kiffin is going to try and embarrass us if he can. He will try every trick in the book and wouldn't surprised if he goes for it on 4th down once Ole piss hits the 50 yard line.

I hope that’s his mentality. Coaching reckless will get you beat against a comparable foe.

VN Store

Back