'21 Recruiting Forum: Official Ole Miss Pregame/Game Thread

They actually won, but had the game stolen from them. The most egregious thing about the officiating last night imo was them letting Ole Piss hold on every freakin play, and then calling garbage holds on us.

Holding calls one way or the other are the number one way a officiating crew dictates the outcome of games. The fix was in last night and everybody with any sense knew it.

Yeah - that's what had me really hot under the collar. Them grabbing the numbers on the back of our guys jerseys while blocking them from the front right in front of three officials. They called that quick on Fant once, yet, did not call it on OM at all and it happened nearly every play.

I believe in total SEC office harassment at this point. I'm so over it all in every sport we play. Inundate them with emails, calls, tweets. Love the black out of a home game that POA suggested. A good Let's Go Brandon type saying would work well. Every time the officials did the dirty the entire crowd could start shouting it, tweeting it, etc.

Well well well I must say that Neyland was 2nd to NONE last night. All the kids left very impressed and wanting to come back for another visit. Over 25 NPA kids were in the building and not a one left without googly eyes. They were even saying how impressed they were with the passion of the fans once they became pissed off at the last call on 4th and 27. #GBO
I have to give credit where credit is due. Finally you post something positive. Thank you.

This is true...but Heupel didn't make the mistake of attaching himself to Milton. He recognized his mistake early on and corrected it.
It wasn't a mistake.

Milton didn't miss deep balls in practice. Milton is just a head case. He was correct to start him. Every single person who saw Milton and practice said "yep thats the guy, obviously"

But then...yips or whatever his deal is

Well well well I must say that Neyland was 2nd to NONE last night. All the kids left very impressed and wanting to come back for another visit. Over 25 NPA kids were in the building and not a one left without googly eyes. They were even saying how impressed they were with the passion of the fans once they became pissed off at the last call on 4th and 27. #GBO
Ok who are you and what did you do with @de1conley :D

Would love to hear more what the kids are saying!

Reactions: de1conley
4th and 24*

He should have never been in that situation to begin with. At the end of the day we did enough to win, we just weren’t allowed to win. Mistakes and play calling and everything else…the bottom line is 7 point we’re taken off the board and that was the difference.

We are sitting here blaming Milton for not overcoming the officiating in the last 30 seconds. In no world is that fair to him.
I didn’t realize the officials tackled him out of bounds and told him not to throw the ball on the final play. That clears things up.

He should have never been in that situation to begin with. At the end of the day we did enough to win, we just weren’t allowed to win. Mistakes and play calling and everything else…the bottom line is 7 point we’re taken off the board and that was the difference.

We are sitting here blaming Milton for not overcoming the officiating in the last 30 seconds. In no world is that fair to him.
No.. We are blaming Milton for not even attempting to overcome the officiating, which is what some people either don't understand or are pretending to not understand.

With Hooker injured that play looms very large. Larger than any of the others. Can't change the terrible calls now, but we have to pick a QB, and I don't know how you turn the keys over to someone who did something like that out of laziness, apathy, or an almost incomprehensible level of stupidity.

Today Heupel said the team played hard every second of the game. Yeah... With the exception of one player. Seems a slap in the face to let that dude get on the field again.

Well Milton did that. And we lost.

Hence my point, we are running out the clock instead of relying on Milton to win the game in a near impossible scenario.

What Milton did was frustrating and inexcusable from an effort and situational awareness standpoint, agreed, but there is a larger picture being discussed and debated all over VN that is the bigger problem IMO.

VN Store

Back