'19 Recruiting Forum: Official Missouri Pre-game/Game Thread

Anyone sending death threats and hateful things to family members needs to be dick punched and simultaneously beaten with a cane pole for 48 hrs straight. POS humans.
We have a really distorted view on football. The fans are disillusioned to think it’s the only thing that matters in life. So... yes I agree with you 100 %

That's exactly what I'm talking about. No need to go wildcat there. JG was in rhythm. If we hadn't have tried the wildcat we most likely wouldn't have been in an illegal formation. Illegal formations 10 games in shouldn't happen.
Well you just go ahead and "fahr Chaney" then, instead of implying 99 times an hour. wtf is wrong with you?

Well you just go ahead and "fahr Chaney" then, instead of implying 99 times an hour. wtf is wrong with you?
Mole hills vs mountains dude. Use some perspective.

PSA... being critical of a coach doesn't mean you want them fired. Nothing is wrong with me. You on the other hand might want to pursue some meds that smooth things out.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Yeah..but he did amend that to say it was his recruiting that was disappointing.
I’m not one of his detractors...quite the opposite. He’s a well funded, generous guy with connections. Like other insiders like Deerpark and LWS, there is some information mixed with some GUESSING and OPINION. When AV was declaring Chaney as a no go, De1Conley was sharing a screenshot that showed he was a done deal. He had part of the information and guessed the rest...wrongly. No hate just recognition that Tee is a disappointment...to him. Not buying that Pruitt and Fulmer share the same conviction.

My opinion. All of our good passes were slow developing. When JG ran on the previous play but stayed in bounds, dropping the clock to 8 seconds, think it gave Pruitt too much concern.

Take too long and it's incomplete, we don't even get the 3. Speed it up and that's how most of our interceptions happened this season.
Personally, I would have made an attempt but we got the 3 and won by 3 so, I'm good.
I agree... But a little awareness and you pop up of the turf and call time out. Take one shot... Then kick.

But... We got ten points to close the half out and avoided the two for one... So mission accomplished...

Bottom line I thought it wasn't great clock management... But I got over it.... The net result probably doesn't change... Now it's just a thing to "clean up"...

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Es
Anyone sending death threats and hateful things to family members needs to be dick punched and simultaneously beaten with a cane pole for 48 hrs straight. POS humans.
Double for the bammer, Fl, and Ga trolls who might have been behind it. We don't know what happened. But I figure our Knox media has its new tactic for trying to undermine and distract the team. Hope I'm wrong.

That's what people have been trying to get you to see for a dozen hours. Glad you see it.
You blew it up not me. Some on here can't stand the least bit of critique of our coaches. The smallest of criticisms... "You negavol! Fahr'em all!"

Just to summarize

I posted during the game, in response to another poster that I thought the some of the calls were questionable, in agreement with that poster. Many posters were posting the same stuff with a dozen or so "wtf?" Post.

Post game @JacketVol called me out for it. It's hard to go back an analyze after the fact because you don't have the perspective of what was happening during the game when the post was posted. I felt the need to respond to @JacketVol to explain the reasoning behind that.

You and some other posters decided to go all jackal on me and claim I was doing some kind of post game critique of the coaching, and I wasn't.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Mole hills vs mountains dude. Use some perspective.

PSA... being critical of a coach doesn't mean you want them fired. Nothing is wrong with me. You on the other hand might want to pursue some meds that smooth things out.
I understand your thinking on the wildcat, but I disagree with it. I think it’s part of the chess Chaney plays against opposing DC’s. Maybe just the threat of the formation forces them to account for it. Also running plays out of that look may be an option in the next two games. It’s nothing I dock the coaches over.

I understand your thinking on the wildcat, but I disagree with it. I think it’s part of the chess Chaney plays against opposing DC’s. Maybe just the threat of the formation forces them to account for it. Also running plays out of that look may be an option in the next two games. It’s nothing I dock the coaches over.
This. I thought it was odd at that time if the game... But yeah this is where I settled on it too

It wasn't just that. There were other head scratchers at the time.

As to the wildcat, I thought Chaney was going to eventually throw from it. I thought he was setting up for that which I think is good strategy. I don't hate the formation I just though the time and place was odd.

Reactions: Glitch and jakez4ut
Missouri post game randoms

• First - that was one of the most frustrating games I have ever watched. We definitely didn’t make it easy on ourselves. Every time it felt like we were gonna take a seemingly insurmountable lead, we’d gaffe it up with a penalty, blocked kick, or fumble. We definitely kept them in it.
  • But..... we won. Offense “carried” the night as the defense somehow made an inept Missouri offense look respectable. When it mattered though - the D stepped up and stopped them.
  • When we hired Jeremy Pruitt, I thought the current player who would benefit the most was Nigel. Looks like that to be the case. While a lot of Butch holdovers have improved significantly- Nigel is playing his way into the NFL.
  • Ive spend all week wondering if the team would consider moving Alontae to offense. Been fairly invisible all year while others have flashed. Last night he played an incredible game. Incredible athleticism and quickness, no hesitation in attacking the ball carriers. If you didn’t notice, go back and rewatch.
  • JG is my quarterback. I sincerely hope he comes back next season. I can’t explain I’m the beginning of the season but how he’s responded to being benched - and risen from the ashes.... JG is legit one of our best players. How he’s played vs KY and MZ is some of the best Qb play we’ve seen in years.
  • Trey Smith was murdering people last night.
  • Special teams was especially bad last night. All three phases. Blocks, terrible punts, Chandlers asinine decision.... wtf was that all about???
  • Hot take - our run game is trash. Tim Jordan played okay until the fumble but everyone else was garbage.
  • Mizzous stadium is a C-USA stadium. Their uniforms last night was horrible. Send them back to wherever they came from. In fact, I’m doing custom conferences on my NCAA and putting them in the C-USA.
  • Did everyone get all the Mad About You reboot commercials or was that a regional thing? I remember that when I was a kid. Thanks sec network for the constant reminder how old I am.
  • Got to be honest - I had no idea we’ve had so few 400 yard passers.
  • Were blessed to have watched JJ and MC. Both are so good. No homo stuff here but man I love both those guys. Hope they have long successful careers in the NFL.
  • Thought it was cool to see QC get a touchdown. Can’t wait to see Lenneth and Hodge taking those snaps next year though.
  • Cant believe this turn around. So proud of this team. Their fight. You can tell they love each other. They love the coaches. From 1-4 to going bowling..... wow.
Alontae has been our best corner IMO, his worst play (the start of the season) is because he was playing injured.

It's a good thing that you haven't heard of him a lot this year. He's also our best-tackling corner by a WIDE margin. He seeks contact and WRAPS UP.

Alontae has been our best corner IMO, his worst play (the start of the season) is because he was playing injured.

It's a good thing that you haven't heard of him a lot this year. He's also our best-tackling corner by a WIDE margin. He seeks contact and WRAPS UP.
Not in the pass, but definitely the Best tackling DB...it's not even close🦉

Chess, not checkers. Fans see things so simplistic, but not all is what it seems.

You blew it up not me. Some on here can't stand the least bit of critique of our coaches. The smallest of criticisms... "You negavol! Fahr'em all!"

Just to summarize

I posted during the game, in response to another poster that I thought the some of the calls were questionable, in agreement with that poster. Many posters were posting the same stuff with a dozen or so "wtf?" Post.

Post game @JacketVol called me out for it. It's hard to go back an analyze after the fact because you don't have the perspective of what was happening during the game when the post was posted. I felt the need to respond to @JacketVol to explain the reasoning behind that.

You and some other posters decided to go all jackal on me and claim I was doing some kind of post game critique of the coaching, and I wasn't.
We get it. You're old and want Pruitt off your lawn

I agree... But a little awareness and you pop up of the turf and call time out. Take one shot... Then kick.

But... We got ten points to close the half out and avoided the two for one... So mission accomplished...

Bottom line I thought it wasn't great clock management... But I got over it.... The net result probably doesn't change... Now it's just a thing to "clean up"...

Don't disagree, that's why I added personally, I give it a shot. Just not overanalyzing because I think there was a moment of doubt.
Hopefully, he kills the clock in a repeat situation and gives himself a moment to think.

This. I thought it was odd at that time if the game... But yeah this is where I settled on it too
Jmo but I think JJ was going to pass...we were taking extra time to line up and seemed a bit nervous and I surmise that is why. A total guess on my part, but when JJ normally goes wildcat it is pretty quick and we run.

Chaney was about to drop his nuts all over Odom.

Reactions: Sleegro
Jmo but I think JJ was going to pass...we were taking extra time to line up and seemed a bit nervous and I surmise that is why. A total guess on my part, but when JJ normally goes wildcat it is pretty quick and we run.
I kinda thought the same... But we'll never know lol

Reactions: Devo182
It wasn't just that. There were other head scratchers at the time.

As to the wildcat, I thought Chaney was going to eventually throw from it. I thought he was setting up for that which I think is good strategy. I don't hate the formation I just though the time and place was odd.
So did Odom...prolly.

VN Store

Back