'19 Recruiting Forum: Official Missouri Pre-game/Game Thread

Defense held Mizzou to only 260 yards tho?
Just to clarify on my post from last night: the defense played well. My point was just that they did not bring their best game and that the offense had to do a lot of the heavy lifting last week. It had been the reverse recently.

It has been pretty quiet, but Clay Helton ended up 8-4 with USC this year. Can they fire him after that season? If they don't and Urban Meyer is really looking to get back into coaching, that will have some interesting ripple effects on the carousel this cycle.
Going to be very interesting to see what they do. My guess is you call Urban and Stoops and if they say they aren’t interested then you keep Helton.

The problem is, I think, USC is sitting somewhere like 45th in the recruiting rankings. If you bring Helton back that’ll get better, but the damage might’ve been done enough so that you only make it to around 20th.

Just to clarify on my post from last night: the defense played well. My point was just that they did not bring their best game and that the offense had to do a lot of the heavy lifting last week. It had been the reverse recently.
They were without Aubrey Solomon as well. Give credit to Bryant, because the D should have had 4 more sacks. Bryant was slippery, getting away from tackles.

They were without Aubrey Solomon as well. Give credit to Bryant, because the D should have had 4 more sacks. Bryant was slippery, getting away from tackles.
Yeah, we don’t realize how good of football Solomon was playing until he wasn’t out there. Speaking of Bryant, did y’all see our two guys about to sandwich him, and then somehow we ended up just hitting each other? I was for sure we had sacked him, and then he goes and picks up the first down.

Missouri post game randoms

• First - that was one of the most frustrating games I have ever watched. We definitely didn’t make it easy on ourselves. Every time it felt like we were gonna take a seemingly insurmountable lead, we’d gaffe it up with a penalty, blocked kick, or fumble. We definitely kept them in it.
  • But..... we won. Offense “carried” the night as the defense somehow made an inept Missouri offense look respectable. When it mattered though - the D stepped up and stopped them.
  • When we hired Jeremy Pruitt, I thought the current player who would benefit the most was Nigel. Looks like that to be the case. While a lot of Butch holdovers have improved significantly- Nigel is playing his way into the NFL.
  • Ive spend all week wondering if the team would consider moving Alontae to offense. Been fairly invisible all year while others have flashed. Last night he played an incredible game. Incredible athleticism and quickness, no hesitation in attacking the ball carriers. If you didn’t notice, go back and rewatch.
  • JG is my quarterback. I sincerely hope he comes back next season. I can’t explain I’m the beginning of the season but how he’s responded to being benched - and risen from the ashes.... JG is legit one of our best players. How he’s played vs KY and MZ is some of the best Qb play we’ve seen in years.
  • Trey Smith was murdering people last night.
  • Special teams was especially bad last night. All three phases. Blocks, terrible punts, Chandlers asinine decision.... wtf was that all about???
  • Hot take - our run game is trash. Tim Jordan played okay until the fumble but everyone else was garbage.
  • Mizzous stadium is a C-USA stadium. Their uniforms last night was horrible. Send them back to wherever they came from. In fact, I’m doing custom conferences on my NCAA and putting them in the C-USA.
  • Did everyone get all the Mad About You reboot commercials or was that a regional thing? I remember that when I was a kid. Thanks sec network for the constant reminder how old I am.
  • Got to be honest - I had no idea we’ve had so few 400 yard passers.
  • Were blessed to have watched JJ and MC. Both are so good. No homo stuff here but man I love both those guys. Hope they have long successful careers in the NFL.
  • Thought it was cool to see QC get a touchdown. Can’t wait to see Lenneth and Hodge taking those snaps next year though.
  • Cant believe this turn around. So proud of this team. Their fight. You can tell they love each other. They love the coaches. From 1-4 to going bowling..... wow.

• First - that was one of the most frustrating games I have ever watched. We definitely didn’t make it easy on ourselves. Every time it felt like we were gonna take a seemingly insurmountable lead, we’d gaffe it up with a penalty, blocked kick, or fumble. We definitely kept them in it.
  • But..... we won. Offense “carried” the night as the defense somehow made an inept Missouri offense look respectable. When it mattered though - the D stepped up and stopped them.
  • When we hired Jeremy Pruitt, I thought the current player who would benefit the most was Nigel. Looks like that to be the case. While a lot of Butch holdovers have improved significantly- Nigel is playing his way into the NFL.
  • Ive spend all week wondering if the team would consider moving Alontae to offense. Been fairly invisible all year while others have flashed. Last night he played an incredible game. Incredible athleticism and quickness, no hesitation in attacking the ball carriers. If you didn’t notice, go back and rewatch.
  • JG is my quarterback. I sincerely hope he comes back next season. I can’t explain I’m the beginning of the season but how he’s responded to being benched - and risen from the ashes.... JG is legit one of our best players. How he’s played vs KY and MZ is some of the best Qb play we’ve seen in years.
  • Special teams was especially bad last night. All three phases. Blocks, terrible punts, Chandlers asinine decision.... wtf was that all about???
  • Hot take - our run game is trash. Tim Jordan played okay until the fumble but everyone else was garbage.
  • Mizzous stadium is a C-USA stadium. Their uniforms last night was horrible. Send them back to wherever they came from. In fact, I’m doing custom conferences on my NCAA and putting them in the C-USA.
  • Did everyone get all the Mad About You reboot commercials or was that a regional thing? I remember that when I was a kid. Thanks sec network for the constant reminder how old I am.
  • Were blessed to have watched JJ and MC. Both are so good. No homo stuff here but man I love both those guys. Hope they have long successful careers in the NFL.
  • Thought it was cool to see QC get a touchdown. Can’t wait to see Lenneth and Hodge taking those snaps next year though.
  • Cant believe this turn around. So proud of this team. Their fight. You can tell they love each other. They love the coaches. From 1-4 to going bowling..... wow.
Alontae has been playing with significant hip pain since the start of the season. I need to ask a friend of mine who is a high school coach in middle Tennessee and knows him very well, if he is almost back to 100%. He must be getting closer and is why we are starting to see him play better football.

One other thing… I don’t think our run game is trash. When we actually commit to running the football, our offensive line gets a ton of push. We just did not commit to it last night, because we kept torching them through the air. Also, why in the world Riley Locklear starts over Carvin is beyond me, but I am not a coach. I guess he must be better in pass protection, and is why he played so much last night, because our game plan was obviously To attack them through the air.

One other thing… I don’t think our run game is trash. When we actually commit to running the football, our offensive line gets a ton of push. We just did not commit to it last night, because we kept torching them through the air. Also, why in the world Riley Locklear starts over Carvin is beyond me, but I am not a coach. I guess he must be better in pass protection, and is why he played so much last night, because our game plan was obviously To attack them through the air.
Yeah... We didn't really try... But on a ypc note we did a while lot better in the second half then the first.

I think our run game in general has simply been good enough that we can keep doing it... Which is good enough this year

I am and I did. What people seem to have a real difficult time understanding is all I was doing is justify what I posted DURING THE GAME. I wasn't on some kind of post game critique of the coaches mistakes. When I posted what jacket called out, they had a made a few bone headed decisions IMO. Jacket chose to quote that post and I was trying to justify why I posted that. I didn't mind him bringing it up but I felt I needed to respond to him.

The timeouts at the end of the first half were frustrating. If we just run a normal 2 minute offense there, we might've gotten 7 instead of three. Denying that is silly. There were other situations as well where the coaching decisions were a bit head scratching.

However, overall, it was a well called game on both sides. The two blocked FGs were poor execution on us and good on Mizzou. ST needs to run laps today. If Doyle and Cimaglia are hurt that could be bad.

All in all I am happy with the W and excited for the team. 1 more regular season W to go!

#WINOUT #YOUAINTJJ #DEMORANGEBRITCHES #INVOLISOLD

The timeouts at the end of the first half were frustrating. If we just run a normal 2 minute offense there, we might've gotten 7 instead of three. Denying that is silly. There were other situations as well where the coaching decisions were a bit head scratching.

However, overall, it was a well called game on both sides. The two blocked FGs were poor execution on us and good on Mizzou. ST needs to run laps today. If Doyle and Cimaglia are hurt that could be bad.

All in all I am happy with the W and excited for the team. 1 more regular season W to go!

I agree with all that.

I question some of the players we start in front of others. For some reason we seem to give others continuous chances to start instead of playing the guys that are working. Locklear over Carvin. Johnson for a while over Carvin and Calbert. Burrell over KG jr. Tatum over Calbert. Some times you can just see who is working and need to roll with it. But I dont get paid the big bucks to make those decisions and as long as we are winning, let’s ride.

I would have like to have seen one shot to the end zone before kicking that FG.

Reactions: StoVol
Yeah, we don’t realize how good of football Solomon was playing until he wasn’t out there. Speaking of Bryant, did y’all see our two guys about to sandwich him, and then somehow we ended up just hitting each other? I was for sure we had sacked him, and then he goes and picks up the first down.
Yes, I was on the edge of my couch screaming at the tv saying "just hit him...OMG". Lol

I would have like to have seen one shot to the end zone before kicking that FG.
Spike the ball and one throw was what I expected. A little puzzling but Pruitt probably had PTSD from earlier in the year and just wanted points.

Reactions: InVOLuntary

Thank you! The time management had me wondering if I had missed something.

Why did Maurer come in for that one play? What was the reasonon JJ had to leave the game? There were just a few head scratching things that went on last night. Just a weird game.

Thank you! The time management had me wondering if I had missed something.

Why did Maurer come in for that one play? What was the reasonon JJ had to leave the game? There were just a few head scratching things that went on last night. Just a weird game.
Jj left bc the oversight person thought he was hurt on that non targeting hit. Refs had no say so

I would just like to say, if I hadn't been the brave the to call out Nick for having the wrong venue, we might not won this game. I feel it confused our players some tonight because they couldn't figure out where they were. You all can thank you me. I will stay humble through it all. :p

2 blocked FG attempts and the TO didn't help the defense, but I do agree that last night the offense more than held its own.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Spike the ball and one throw was what I expected. A little puzzling but Pruitt probably had PTSD from earlier in the year and just wanted points.
My opinion. All of our good passes were slow developing. When JG ran on the previous play but stayed in bounds, dropping the clock to 8 seconds, think it gave Pruitt too much concern.

Take too long and it's incomplete, we don't even get the 3. Speed it up and that's how most of our interceptions happened this season.
Personally, I would have made an attempt but we got the 3 and won by 3 so, I'm good.

Reactions: Pane di mais
So when they subbed in JJ to run wildcat and then had to call timeout and then went back to JG did they make the mistake by wanting to run wildcat or did they make the mistake by calling an unnecessary timeout? Inquiring minds want to know.

I believe that was the play where the WR’s on the right were misaligned. No one was covering the tackle.

VN Store

Back