Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can anyone with a rational mind be Democrat?
Seems like constructive criticism that will lead to productive dialogue.

I think this ignores the whole nexus of politics. Both sides (all sides, if you will) have an overwhelming number of rational people, so it is not really about what is rational or 'good' - it is about interests, values and for whom policies are good for.

People will never agree 100% on politics because value propositions are unique to everyones' worldview and interests.

Do you care for "value producers" first or the worst-off first? Do you favor raw efficiency or equity? These questions have answers that will always divide rational (and irrational) people.

Last edited:
How can anyone with a rational mind be Democrat?

I used to be more of a swing voter, not anymore. Democrats have completely tanked that party.

And to think Democrats and Republicans used to be the same party.

Really? I was thinking same about Republicans, what do they stand for now? Small government, no deficits? And on the Russians and Chinese, I can't figure out who our friends and enemies are. They and Democrats are the same party now. We're going to come out of this owing $25 trillion. When Clinton left office it was $4 trillion.

You’re clearly not watching the actual conferences themselves. Must just be regurgitating what you’re seeing on MSNBC or what AOC is saying on twitter. Fauci said he wanted more testing, Trump said he was hopeful. Fauci said they weren’t disagreeing or saying different things.

But trump saying he’s hopeful that a drug can treat this virus does not mean he’s responsible for some dude OD’ing on it without a prescription. Your hate has blinded you. Sad

Agreed...I told my sister and younger brother the same thing. They hate hate him so bad, that the ends no matter how bad, justifies the means.

Significant portion of CEO comp is driven by stock awards and options. If a company does well, why shouldn’t they be comped? Their leadership and direction is one of the primary reason.
All of those greedy m'fers get rich, and do nothing for the working man...on that I am with the Dems. When CEO money goes up 900% and workers compensation and benefits stay nearly stagnant, and in some cases go backwards...then that is some evil, greedy 🐂💩

There is no moral justification for their rapacious greed.

No they haven’t. While I believe in checks and balances in the governing body. I think both have lost their way.
Life long politicians on both sides that have gotten extremely wealthy acting indignant at the smallest thing. Crazy part is that most are friends out of view of the cameras. Their showboating acts make the average joe hate their neighbor whom they don't know. Reminds me of the coyote and sheep dog cartoon. Friends outside of work but hate each other while at work. Unfortunately for the American populace, it seems that we are always at work....

All of those greedy m'fers get rich, and do nothing for the working man...on that I am with the Dems. When CEO money goes up 900% and workers compensation and benefits stay nearly stagnant, and in some cases go backwards...then that is some evil, greedy 🐂💩

There is no moral justification for their rapacious greed.
but they pulled themselves up by their bootstraps....and why do you have wealth envy. One day with hard work, and lots of luck, and being born into the right family, we will get there too.

Life long politicians on both sides that have gotten extremely wealthy acting indignant at the smallest thing. Crazy part is that most are friends out of view of the cameras. Their showboating acts make the average joe hate their neighbor whom they don't know. Reminds me of the coyote and sheep dog cartoon. Friends outside of work but hate each other while at work. Unfortunately for the American populace, it seems that we are always at work....

Lot's of truth here, they are all in bed together but make the people think they are their side's little champions. It's such a joke, the brainwashed populace that think they have to be on a "side." Unfortunately we have sports to thank for that us or them mentality that America runs (or goes off a cliff) on.

The two parties are reflections of each other. Both corrupt and driven by a desire for power and control. And I agree, they're mostly actors in public. They put on a show for their supporters, and the masses eat it up. Hollywood has nothing on political theater. Behind closed doors, they're probably laughing their asses off at all the sheep who blindly follow along, eating up the party line. The FFs are probably rolling over in their graves.

The two parties are reflections of each other. Both corrupt and driven by a desire for power and control. And I agree, they're mostly actors in public. They put on a show for their supporters, and the masses eat it up. Hollywood has nothing on political theater. Behind closed doors, they're probably laughing their asses off at all the sheep who blindly follow along, eating up the party line. The FFs are probably rolling over in their graves.
Agree and will be interesting to see if term limits gets more traction from this disaster. Support convention of states

Last edited:
Really? I was thinking same about Republicans, what do they stand for now? Small government, no deficits? And on the Russians and Chinese, I can't figure out who our friends and enemies are. They and Democrats are the same party now. We're going to come out of this owing $25 trillion. When Clinton left office it was $4 trillion.

So you are going to raise hell and blame Republicans for the increase in the public debt over this package? So what would you do genius?

I admit, as a very fiscal conservative, I hate the idea of this adding this to the public debt. But frankly, I do not have much of a clue as to what to do. If the economy tanks completely, it will cost us one hell of lot more than $2T.

On the other hand, I'll admit FDR's big government intervention did not get us out of the Depression. It was making arms for Britain and gearing up to stop that mustached paper hanger that did, so I do question if this is the right thing to do. Hell, I don't know. But I'm not going to stand around criticizing those that are trying to do something when I don't have an answer.

But I will criticize those who are wanting to use this as a opportunity to piss away money and get pet projects through. Damn the Kennedy Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back