Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
is talking about past presidents necessarily political? Oh well, no skin off my harry.

They're just using experience and for some, it would become that.
I think you'd be fine.

Non politicals, 3rd party people and even certain party members would be fine discussing such. But those people aren't the reason it's not allowed.
It's these others, from whichever side, that actually believe they're politicians are the good guys.

lol, yes all of those things are good things and benefit us all (less pollution, less reliance on fossil fuels, better conditions and wages for workers). i've just listed ways that the dem bill benefits americans. explain to me how the R bill helps more people?
I agree with a lot of what you say, but labor unions are a pox, and their only concern is more money for the labor unions.

don't tell me you believe the 3m fraudulent voter thing trump keeps yapping about, do you? the thing trump formed a committee to investigate and then quietly disbanded it when no evidence was found? sheesh.

and i'll repeat. yes, bill was bipartisan UNTIL R's WALKED AWAY ARE REWROTE IT SATURDAY NIGHT. maybe, just maybe, that's the problem here?
The problem continues to be that even during this crisis, is that neither side is truly interested in bipartisanship. They still want to push political agendas and while I think that they care about our citizens, they don't care nearly enough.

For the non partisans, 3rd party folk etc.;

1st followed the link Bass provided that had him fired up to begin with. Which turned out to be a "fair and balanced" rundown from Newt Gingrich 😐
I will get you back for that Bass.

After several takes leaning 1 way or the other, you can find the basic truth. Shockingly (sarcasm), both sides used this event to pull some *****, self serving bs.

Basically, take the accusations posters on both sides are making, leave out their arguments justifying their side, you get the truth.
*Most of the Dem additions, good or bad, still shouldn't be attached to this bill. "Pork" is an acceptable term, imo.

Repubs did tinker with bipartisan original, left out some critical needs and didn't just forget to include accountability for corporations. Mostly, they're actively blocking it.
The term "Slush" won't get an argument from me.

Neither party's sin seems more egregious than the other and neither side deserves a heroic label in any form.
Looks like both parties will rely on their supporters to see the "evil" in what the other side has done and no wrong-doing by them.

Business as usual🤷‍♂️

For the non partisans, 3rd party folk etc.;

1st followed the link Bass provided that had him fired up to begin with. Which turned out to be a "fair and balanced" rundown from Newt Gingrich 😐
I will get you back for that Bass.

After several takes leaning 1 way or the other, you can find the basic truth. Shockingly (sarcasm), both sides used this event to pull some *****, self serving bs.

Basically, take the accusations posters on both sides are making, leave out their arguments justifying their side, you get the truth.
*Most of the Dem additions, good or bad, still shouldn't be attached to this bill. "Pork" is an acceptable term, imo.

Repubs did tinker with bipartisan original, left out some critical needs and didn't just forget to include accountability for corporations. Mostly, they're actively blocking it.
The term "Slush" won't get an argument from me.

Neither party's sin seems more egregious than the other and neither side deserves a heroic label in any form.
Looks like both parties will rely on their supporters to see the "evil" in what the other side has done and no wrong-doing by them.

Business as usual
🤷‍♂️

so basically I could have told you all of that without reading Newt's article or the bill. LOL.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but labor unions are a pox, and their only concern is more money for the labor unions.

Sure, that's definitely part of it, but when CEO pay has grown 940% since the late 70's and worker pay has grown 12% in the same time, chastising a group for asking for 15/hr or whatever feels a little silly, no? Somebody has to advocate for their pay.

CEO compensation has grown 940% since 1978: Typical worker compensation has risen only 12% during that time

don't tell me you believe the 3m fraudulent voter thing trump keeps yapping about, do you? the thing trump formed a committee to investigate and then quietly disbanded it when no evidence was found? sheesh.

and i'll repeat. yes, bill was bipartisan UNTIL R's WALKED AWAY ARE REWROTE IT SATURDAY NIGHT. maybe, just maybe, that's the problem here?
Nope on 3m claim. My in-laws worked on various election commissions so they had first hand knowledge. It is obvious the dems can do no wrong in your eyes so good for you. I think both sides are corrupt. As stated previously, politicians only care about 2 things: getting elected and then getting re-elected. No more discussion from me so you can have the last word. Have a volunteer day.

VINCE COGLIANESE: It seems like increasingly a bunch of questions from the media are designed to create a rift between you and the President of the United States, at least, to emphasize differences of opinion that creates distances between you and the president. Are you sensing that as the media continually asks you questions about the differences you have with him?

DR. ANTHONY FAUCI: That is really unfortunate. I would wish that would stop because we have a much bigger problem here than trying to point out differences. They really, fundamentally, at the core when you look at it, there are not differences. The president has listened to what I’ve said with the other people on the task force have said. When I’ve made recommendations, he’s taken them. He’s never countered and overridden me. The idea of pitting one against the other is just not helpful and I’d wish that would stop so we can look ahead at the challenge we have together to get over this thing.

Significant portion of CEO comp is driven by stock awards and options. If a company does well, why shouldn’t they be comped? Their leadership and direction is one of the primary reason.

that's fine for the most part, but its sorta undermined when failing banks execs are given $20m parachute packages. i don't think any would argue they shouldn't be paid more than the average worker, but the 940% vs 12% wage gap growth is nuts.

that's fine for the most part, but its sorta undermined when failing banks execs are given $20m parachute packages. i don't think any would argue they shouldn't be paid more than the average worker, but the 940% vs 12% wage gap growth is nuts.

necessary evil of capitalism, no getting around that. You keep raising the minimum wage all it does is devalue what all the workers are actually taking home because guess what rises? Cost of living.

VINCE COGLIANESE: It seems like increasingly a bunch of questions from the media are designed to create a rift between you and the President of the United States, at least, to emphasize differences of opinion that creates distances between you and the president. Are you sensing that as the media continually asks you questions about the differences you have with him?

DR. ANTHONY FAUCI: That is really unfortunate. I would wish that would stop because we have a much bigger problem here than trying to point out differences. They really, fundamentally, at the core when you look at it, there are not differences. The president has listened to what I’ve said with the other people on the task force have said. When I’ve made recommendations, he’s taken them. He’s never countered and overridden me. The idea of pitting one against the other is just not helpful and I’d wish that would stop so we can look ahead at the challenge we have together to get over this thing.
But wait! I was told Trump is disagreeing with Fauci and ignoring his advisors!

necessary evil of capitalism, no getting around that. You keep raising the minimum wage all it does is devalue what all the workers are actually taking home because guess what rises? Cost of living.

wage growth is currently lagging behind cost of living increases. i think tying the two together is a fine idea.

Reactions: bignewt
Significant portion of CEO comp is driven by stock awards and options. If a company does well, why shouldn’t they be comped? Their leadership and direction is one of the primary reason.
To a degree, yes. How quantifiable is that? I am all for people getting all they can, but I'm not sure what parts are tied to incentives

there is wage growth and there is raising the minimum wage which just brings everybody down except the 1%.

I'm just saying there most certainly is a middle ground between 940% wage increase for CEOs and 12% for workers. its okay to not exclusively help the 1%.

Reactions: bignewt
I'm just saying there most certainly is a middle ground between 940% wage increase for CEOs and 12% for workers. its okay to not exclusively help the 1%.

Personally I think the government should stay out of it but raising the minimum wage is not the way to help anyone. Your really want to help, create a federal sales tax and quit giving the rich every tax break in the book.

Personally I think the government should stay out of it but raising the minimum wage is not the way to help anyone. Your really want to help, create a federal sales tax and quit giving the rich every tax break in the book.

lol which is it

but i do agree about tax breaks going to the top income brackets. can't comment on state vs fed sales tax; entirely too complicated already, but seems it would handcuff states' ability to raise money for their own issues in a manner best fit for their citizens? like i said, i dunno.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volbucky
lol which is it

but i do agree about tax breaks going to the top income brackets. can't comment on state vs fed sales tax; entirely too complicated already, but seems it would handcuff states' ability to raise money for their own issues in a manner best fit for their citizens? like i said, i dunno.

If we got rid of the IRS and had a federal sales tax, everyone would pay their share, including the rich that get around it now, criminals, etc. That keeps the government OUT of worrying about what the minimum wage is. Would not affect the states and what they collect.

voting for bernie isn't a sign of being a democrat (in the same way not agreeing with trump doesn't NOT make you a republican, despite him trying to frame it that way). in fact, all those bernie-or-bust folks are about as anti-democrat as conservatives are. i like things about bernie, but he's been pretty vocal about waging war on the democratic establishment, as he sees it.

A lot of polling and focus groups reveal a lot of similarities between Bernie Bros and Trumpers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back