Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we got rid of the IRS and had a federal sales tax, everyone would pay their share, including the rich that get around it now, criminals, etc. That keeps the government OUT of worrying about what the minimum wage is. Would not affect the states and what they collect.

But then it'd be more difficult for politicians to use taxes as a way to gain votes. That is the entire point of an income tax.

Reactions: Rishvol and bignewt
lol, yes all of those things are good things and benefit us all (less pollution, less reliance on fossil fuels, better conditions and wages for workers). i've just listed ways that the dem bill benefits americans. explain to me how the R bill helps more people?

I have little use for any politicians who tell me the world is going to end in 12 years unless their bill is passed, which is how they peddled the GND last year, in part by scaring children to death. AOC's former chief of staff, in a rather surprising bit of candor in a Washington Post interview last year, admitted that the GND had very little to do with climate change and was more about tearing down the US economy by destroying the energy sector.

I would much prefer a major increase in nuclear energy, which is clean, and the French have long know how to effectively recycle the waste (the US has the technology as well, but it was banned in 1977 because of the fear-mongering).

I would much prefer a major increase in nuclear energy, which is clean, and the French have long know how to effectively recycle the waste (the US has the technology as well, but it was banned in 1977 because of the fear-mongering).

Have you seen the bill gates doc on Netflix? It’s really great, but I didn’t know he was pretty heavily invested in reviving nuclear power research in the US, but was derailed by the fukashima disaster. But gates does a good job of selling the potential of nuclear, i was impressed.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Have you seen the bill gates doc on Netflix? It’s really great, but I didn’t know he was pretty heavily invested in reviving nuclear power research in the US, but was derailed by the fukashima disaster. But gates does a good job of selling the potential of nuclear, i was impressed.

I have not seen it, but will check it out. Thanks.

Reactions: Geaux_Vols
The best thing to do is move next to reactor. Gates' every thought is about the Third World.

Significant portion of CEO comp is driven by stock awards and options. If a company does well, why shouldn’t they be comped? Their leadership and direction is one of the primary reason.
The c-level comp structure is fine (aligning compensation incentives to goals set by the BoD), but what about giving all employees an equitable stake? They are doing the work.

But structure is tangential to ratio to regular employee pay. You can pay in options without it being 1000x what others make. That amount of inequity makes no sense.

Reactions: Geaux_Vols
If anyone’s jonesing for some new country music - check out Dan Smalley below. His new EP came out today on Big Machine Records and I wrote the title track! Don’t mean to humble-brag but this is my first major label cut as a songwriter and a huge milestone for me - thought I’d share :) Some of y’all might enjoy...real country is coming back 🤞

[VIDEO=][/VIDEO]

I love it!

White House, Senate strike deal on historic $2T coronavirus relief bill; Pelosi offers tepid endorsement

A senior Republican aide separately told Fox News: "Reading Chuck Schumer's list, I half expected that the next thing I read would be the Minority Leader taking credit for inventing fire. The reality is that almost every significant 'win' he's taking credit for, is actually a Senate Republican idea."
Republicans had "never objected" to more hospital funding, or that oversight of the stimulus stabilization fund "be structured almost exactly like TARP oversight," the aide went on. And Republicans were the first to push for three months of unemployment insurance and "did not oppose adding a fourth."
"Virtually all of the main policy features that Senator Schumer describes as 'unemployment insurance on steroids' were ideas that took shape during the bipartisan weekend working group phase and which were included in the Sunday bill that Democrats blocked twice," the aide said. "The only truly material change on unemployment during the Democrats‘ obstruction was the change from three months to four, something that could’ve easily been plussed up during the 30 hours of post-cloture time.”

"To sum up, Senator Schumer delayed life-saving aid to medical professionals and significant relief for families and small businesses in order to claim credit for wins that are either bipartisan or Republican ideas," the aide concluded. "Stay tuned for all the unrelated wish list items Congressional Democrats demanded and Republicans stopped."

The bill was good and didn’t need dem obstruction with garbage about emissions. When sports resume we’ll talk sports
in the meantime the rules put forth dont apply? why? because you deem them null & void.

honestly, many of us are as freaked out about this deal as you or everyone else.

VN, at least the RF is a bastion, an oasis where i dont have to hear about negative news, at least politics. My point is that you can get so hung up on things that we have no control over, that, you lose sight of what's important....which is really everything else in the World.

/soap box

in the meantime the rules put forth dont apply? why? because you deem them null & void.

honestly, many of us are as freaked out about this deal as you or everyone else.

VN, at least the RF is a bastion, an oasis where i dont have to hear about negative news, at least politics. My point is that you can get so hung up on things that we have no control over, that, you lose sight of what's important....which is really everything else in the World.

/soap box
Dude, you’re in the off topic thread...

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back