Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are welcome in advance because you will be thanking me. That is good eats.

And yes, the more lemon the better on fish. I splash the fish before I bake it; then before I put it under the broiler, then again on the plate.

It's so good. Makes the meat more tender, too. OR doesn't really need more tendering, but maybe a steak fish like Mahi Mahi could.

Have you ever tried cooking a tuna steak? I bought one the other day and am thinking about how to cook it.

Triple Tail is the best eating fish in Florida. Fun to catch also. Off to go get crab cakes thanks guys. Lol.

Fish is delicious. Shell fish are disgusting creatures... one phylum away from roaches. Fun fact, if you are allergic to lobster, you are allergic to cockroaches.

Also, boom on the CB!

There is a lot more that is wrong with farmed salmon. Like you said, antibiotics and diseases are huge deals. Then you have the diet they feed them. Sure, it is anchovy-rich and mainly true to their diet, but it is killing off the anchovy population in the oceans which many others species use to feed off of as well. Also, a number of studies have shown that the health benefits have significantly decreased in farmed salmon compared to normal levels. Good fats like the highly diet-important omega's are less than half of the normal levels. Wild caught is the way to go.

You are 100% correct.

Chilean Seabass from Bonefish grill...GOAT
I also had some red snapper from a seafood restaurant in Destin, that sets up at the top with the Seabass from bonefish.
That is a good dish...but Chilean Seabass isn't really a fish. It's really a Patagonian Toothfish....which doesn't sound nearly as appetizing as (in fancy voice) Chilean Seabass.

Reactions: rgvol
That is a good dish...but Chilean Seabass isn't really a fish. It's really a Patagonian Toothfish....which doesn't sound nearly as appetizing as (in fancy voice) Chilean Seabass.
We doing Chilean Seabass on the grill for the game 2mro. Funny you brought that up.

The USA's sushi explosion in the early/mid 2000's has created some really SHADY stuff in the fish markets.

We doing Chilean Seabass on the grill for the game 2mro. Funny you brought that up.

SpectacularSimplisticJuliabutterfly-size_restricted.gif

It's so good. Makes the meat more tender, too. OR doesn't really need more tendering, but maybe a steak fish like Mahi Mahi could.

Have you ever tried cooking a tuna steak? I bought one the other day and am thinking about how to cook it.

Only Ahi tuna, which is best if you just get the pan really hot, put in a good chunk of butter and melt it down, or just a light coating of canola or peanut oil, and sear for about a minute on all sides.

Reactions: zhangliao04
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back