Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
All true...but...😖

I think the reason I am so upset is that I finally...BELIEVED...and then...this hellish nightmare.
I hear ya, but I have never been cofident in this defense. They have made me nervous all year. Last night it got to the point where I couldn't watch, didn't need to watch, I already knew what was going to happen..

Ok tough guy. If Banks did something so horrid, why is he still on the team? What is being reported is no fight broke out, he walked over the T and refused push ups. That is a dumb reason to miss a game for a playoff position. If he hit Hooker over NIL BS then I hope he is gone. But go ahead and make stuff up in your head and spew it like it’s facts.
Tough guy? Why do you think he didn't play? I don't have to see the wind to know it's blowing. Banks is an idiot.

I love that we finally got a coach that MADE us relevant again...despite the hellish mess that he was left with.

I for one do not want to start the toxic merry-go-round that will lead to us finally being destroyed for good. It is going to take a while to get the defensive roster turned over...that is just a fact.

If you wanna talk about firing Banks and Martinez then I will listen....but I am not going to be alright with tearing down Josh Heupel.

So they ished the bed vs Mizzou? Nope.

Vs UK? Nope.

Bama? Nope.

LSU? Nope.

Or are those just not THE opportunistic games you're thinking of? Half of this season has been CRITICAL games and they passed, with flying colors, nearly every time.

To be fair they showed some of the same issues last night as they did against Mizzou but woke up early in the third last week.

The only "great" game we played defensively was Kentucky with LSU a close second and maybe Bama 3rd. Other than that we haven't played very good defense this year.

I get the point though.

Maybe what you and I watched was a different game. I didn’t see a few guys not knowing what to do or being slow to react, I saw 20.

I was referring to discipline, not playing on the field. You can’t cut 20 guys on a defense because you wouldn’t have any players.

Maybe I misunderstood the original post, but good leaders don’t put up with things that hurt synergy and culture and production. They empower people that work within the team and get things done.

Just for fun DC hot board

1. Will Muschamp
2. Derek Mason
3. Mike Tressel
4. Ron Roberts
5. Jeremy Pruitt

....can't be serious with Gump on this list!

Gary Patterson would be someone I'd seriously consider calling...although he may have a negative opinion of UT still from that one coaching search.

You must dedicate yourself to learning the lessons of Georgia State 2019.

Each time you turn on the Vols, you must intellectually confront the possibility that the team that takes the field will run around lost like they’ve never seen a football, and any preconception of victory or at least competent performance you imagined will not come to pass that day… or possibly for the next several years thereafter.

Just learn to enjoy the good times when they come and flush all the rest of it. Life’s too short!
I have been the one spewing caution all year because of the roster shortcomings....and I caught a ton of crap for it, and just when I finally believed this team was for real and could really pull off the magical season...this happened..🤷‍♂️

I would hate to see what OSU would do to that abomination of a "defense" that showed up last night..it might have been the all time greatest playoff slaughter.

Then again maybe the overall slightly better and improved defense we have shown this year would have shown up...we will never know now.

If that abomination of a "defense" shows up in Nashville...we are going to lose. Vandy is playing good solid ball and we are evidently falling completely apart.

We are not going to put huge numbers up with Hooker out and Milton running the offense, so we will have to play better defense to win. If we can not figure out a way to slow them down...they will run us just like they did Florida.

Call me crazy...but I think we could see Milton have a pretty impressive game. I don't know if he'll hit at 70% on throws like Hooker, but all he needs to do is hit on a few deep ones when they are there.

Squirrel and Hyatt should be able to run free and the OL should be able to protect. I also think the running game will have a big day. Vandy can score points though, but some of these defensive guys should be hot after what happened last night and this is there last game against Vandy with quite a few players from middle TN. Hope to god they show up motivated.

You're not going to find many coaches that can make the defense shine right now.

Defense is way behind the offensive progress.

We need depth, then we need good players, then we need depth of good players.

Luckily we have the portal but we need a very, very big effort there to flip this secondary at the very least.

Tough guy? Why do you think he didn't play? I don't have to see the wind to know it's blowing. Banks is an idiot.

I love that we finally got a coach that MADE us relevant again...despite the hellish mess that he was left with.

I for one do not want to start the toxic merry-go-round that will lead to us finally being destroyed for good. It is going to take a while to get the defensive roster turned over...that is just a fact.

If you wanna talk about firing Banks and Martinez then I will listen....but I am not going to be alright with tearing down Josh Heupel.
I didn’t say anything bad about Heupel at all. All
I have said is how the coaches should have handled it internally better if what is reported is true, I don’t believe that is it for him to be left at home. But to say that Heupel teams have not had discipline issues since his times at UCF would be incorrect. Heupel is more of a laid back confident coach who wants everyone to get along. He’s not Saban where it’s his way or no way. So I think it’s harder for him to discipline because he does coach more laid back . I have never said I’m turning on JH or that I am anywhere near taking a step back from him. Only coaches I said need to go are Banks and Martinez and I’ve been screaming that all year long. Now everyone is just jumping on board.

Reactions: chvy1986
Call me crazy...but I think we could see Milton have a pretty impressive game. I don't know if he'll hit at 70% on throws like Hooker, but all he needs to do is hit on a few deep ones when they are there.

Squirrel and Hyatt should be able to run free and the OL should be able to protect. I also think the running game will have a big day. Vandy can score points though, but some of these defensive guys should be hot after what happened last night and this is there last game against Vandy with quite a few players from middle TN. Hope to god they show up motivated.

He kind of has to. If he flops and they lose to Vandy, all momentum built up amongst recruits and portal candidates is probably flatlined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back