Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people will be a little more understanding considering we lost a Heisman contender and Vandy just beat Florida. I don't see how anybody can think the offense is going to transition smoothly to a guy that has never played very well as a starting QB.

The absolute best thing that could happen for us would be for Joe to go completely off and all that potential be unlocked.

If that happens and the defense can get back to playing at least mediocre level, instead of all time worst defense level...then it will be shocking how fast the narrative swings, and everybody will be talking about the miraculous change in Joe Milton instead of this nightmarish SC outcome.

I have very little faith that either of those things happens...only fading hope.

I agree with you. If Milton has a great game, they probably increase momentum.

Dammit. This is heartbreaking. One of the best to ever do it at UT, almost drug this awful defense to the playoff, broke multiple curses. Can’t believe this is how it’s ending for him.
Its awful that this is how is career here ended. Coupled that with killing his draft ability. Good dude, tough break.

All true...but...😖

I think the reason I am so upset is that I finally...BELIEVED...and then...this hellish nightmare.
Exactly. I finally was pulled back into believing we were no longer a laughingstock after being one my entire adult fandom. And then the gut punch again. Its why I now hate Martinez and Tim Banks and all the losers who mailed it in on defense last night. But those losers don't deserve to be carried to a playoff by our offense anyway. Need to clean house on defensive coaching staff and Defensive backfield, then we might have a chance at making a playoff.

I was referring to discipline, not playing on the field. You can’t cut 20 guys on a defense because you wouldn’t have any players.

Maybe I misunderstood the original post, but good leaders don’t put up with things that hurt synergy and culture and production. They empower people that work within the team and get things done.
i'm catching this conversation on the back end, but i agree with your premise 100%.

i would imagine the decision to leave Banks, or anyone, behind given the situation and circumstances of this game, where we are in the season and what's at stake was not taken lightly. to me, this would have to fall in the "didn't leave me any choices" category, which still sucks. but, assuming that's where it got, if im in the same situation with an employee of mine, i do the same thing.

again, i don't know what happened. i doubt we're really ever know. but situationally, i understand the decision making process, and if it's to preserve culture, enhance accountability and an effort to make sure you are not seen as showing favorites, unfortunately, that's what you should do. having a standard for how your program/organization does things is important, and it's important that those involved in the program/organization understand that "a person" is not going to be put above that/those standards.

if that's the circumstance or situation CJH found himself in, then good for him for having the balls to make that decision.

it doesn't excuse the performance mind you....but it certainly does explain some things we all saw last night. everything was off.

anyway. on to vandy. finish with 10, and let's go to Miami, New Orleans or Dallas for New Year's. who knows, maybe we'll get Clemson...that'd be fun.

Reactions: UTJoe and Big Sun
Thoughts and prayers are with you Hendo and on your road to a quick recovery!

Thank you for your efforts to put BVS in the rearview mirror!

Classy young man and thank you for your faith in the man upstairs. He will get you thru this and knows what lies in store for you on your next journey.

#GBO #HendoCinco

Why so many SEC re-treads?

Mason isn’t fielding a good defense at OK St.

Jeremy Pruitt will never work at Tennessee again, are you serious?
It makes me laugh….. it’s like no one pays any attention games but our own…. People keep clamoring for Zach Arnett….. until yesterdays game…. Our defense had been out performing Mississippi State.

awful way for Hendon's career to end. i hate it for him. hope he gets back healthy soon and finds a path to an NFL roster. great guy, and he's meant so much to Tennessee the past two years, what a great run!!! VFL.

I’m with AP I think our defensive game plan was trash and adjustments was piss poor. Defense just laid an egg. This game was lost by the defense
You think that maybe having your defensive play caller out might have had something to do with that? I think it caused them to simplify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back