Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they do.....I'm just not going to lose that trust. :confused:
Well...if the truth would keep the wolves off of our coaches throats, then for craps sake tell at least some of the truth so these guys will stop spinning the 🦬💩 narrative that our coach is just a stupid dumbass that cost our team the playoffs by unnecessarily leaving the QB of his defense at home on Friday over stepping on a logo.

Ya see what I'm saying?

Reactions: Enki_Amenra

This is why losing to Beamer is the worst. Dude talked crap all week before the game and after the game. Now he has everyone tweeting and hitting up our commits. He is a POS. He got lucky in a game where we win that game 8/10 times if played again. He is the biggest fraud and hype man out there, which makes this loss so much worse. I would have rather beat the brakes off of them and lost to Mizzou like this. I hope we hang a hundred on him next year. All his good players are muschamp recruits and will be gone soon.

Call me crazy...but I think we could see Milton have a pretty impressive game. I don't know if he'll hit at 70% on throws like Hooker, but all he needs to do is hit on a few deep ones when they are there.

Squirrel and Hyatt should be able to run free and the OL should be able to protect. I also think the running game will have a big day. Vandy can score points though, but some of these defensive guys should be hot after what happened last night and this is there last game against Vandy with quite a few players from middle TN. Hope to god they show up motivated.
I think reaching the mid 30s is going to be a chore..I just have very little faith in Milton.

Great post:

I drove 5 hrs one way from Florida to cheer on my VOLS and planned to drive home after the game regardless win or lose.
I got home at 530 am today.

The plan was to witness a huge Win and I wanted to get some autographs. We walked out with 7 min left in the game and waited by the buses. These guys were heartbroken. I watched Mays, Bru, Hyatt, Tillman, Milton, Keaton,Fant and so many others walking out to meet family and friends crying,upset and head down I asked a few to sign a ball some said no/ some parents said no not today. I got this response from a lot of them- “ you want me to sign your ball even after that performance”. Told them win or lose we are behind them and are proud of what they accomplished and will continue to stand behind them. After they signed my ball a few hugged me and said thank you.

You have to remember these are young adults and even kids just being able to vote. Everyone has a bad day. You have to pick yourself, build and learn from it.

I will also say this is a just a game for us fans. This loss will not change my outlook on how I live my life. But for some of them is what they are pushing for as a career and we need to stand behind and support them. Yes we can sit back and say they should of done this or that. But like I tell my own kids - you can’t change what has happened but you can adapt and over come but use it as a stepping stone and use it when the next road block that comes.

Well...if the truth would keep the wolves off of our coaches throats, then for craps sake tell at least some of the truth so these guys will stop spinning the 🦬💩 narrative that our coach is just a stupid dumbass that cost our team the playoffs by unnecessarily leaving the QB of his defense at home on Friday over stepping on a logo.

Ya see what I'm saying?

I didn't hear anything about stepping on a logo...............:)

I think reaching the mid 30s is going to be a chore..I just have very little faith in Milton.
It's going to take some time for him to calm down.

He's going to want to ball out immediately. I think his progressions will work long-first to short, not even really based on coverage. He wants to make a statement right away. I hope the staff can script a dream start for him.

If he's back there holding the ball waiting to launch it for 2-3 seconds every play it's gonna be like 2021 all over again.

If that abomination of a "defense" shows up in Nashville...we are going to lose. Vandy is playing good solid ball and we are evidently falling completely apart.

We are not going to put huge numbers up with Hooker out and Milton running the offense, so we will have to play better defense to win. If we can not figure out a way to slow them down...they will run us just like they did Florida.
This what I'm afraid of

this. all day long, so that is the Banks (DC) issue.

Now its confirmed. He has 1 year to fix depth and resolve these issues.

It is absolutely, in any world in the Negabverse, ok to lose to SC by 30. Never.
He doesn't deserve another year at all. 63 points is was the worst defensive performance by our vols in history. fireable offense in year two

He kind of has to. If he flops and they lose to Vandy, all momentum built up amongst recruits and portal candidates is probably flatlined.
I think people will be a little more understanding considering we lost a Heisman contender and Vandy just beat Florida. I don't see how anybody can think the offense is going to transition smoothly to a guy that has never played very well as a starting QB.

The absolute best thing that could happen for us would be for Joe to go completely off and all that potential be unlocked.

If that happens and the defense can get back to playing at least mediocre level, instead of all time worst defense level...then it will be shocking how fast the narrative swings, and everybody will be talking about the miraculous change in Joe Milton instead of this nightmarish SC outcome.

I have very little faith that either of those things happens...only fading hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back