Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you read it - he acknowledges his issues when he says in the article: "I’m extending some free advice because I know all too well what can happen when an athletes’ character is left unchecked."

You may dislike his character - but his words say what I feel and what I have been taught by my father, my "coaches", my peers, and teachers I've respected.
Its not a slight against you at all, hope that is clear :) I dislike his character very much, even though he has done some good recently here in Huntsville, I just find his words very hypocritical and he is talking down to these guys and not saying dont make the same mistakes I did.

Bolded is most likely untrue IMO. All depends on the Cleveland timeline.
That’s fair.

Agree on the timeline. Disagree on teams waiting though.

IMO: I don’t think “NFL” teams would wait, because the new, hot shot OC is different every season. If Cleveland moves fast though, I do agree teams would consider Kitchens if their OC is still open once the Cleveland situation is determined.

Reactions: InstrumentalVol
Listening to WNML...Jimmy Hyams gets his information from Volnation!

Nobody knows jack, but they all pretend they do. I was desperate for info about the search this morning so I asked Alexa who the new offensive coordinator is going to be at UT. She said:

"Sorry, I don't know that one. My sources know nothing. Maybe you should ask the folks on Vol Nation; they know everything."

so, i guess this isn't happening today, huh? next tuesday maybe? when does spring ball start again?

Maybe so, but this isn’t normal. Other schools had openings much later and made hires much sooner.

Like I said, it doesn’t mean we’ll make a worse hire than those schools. But it does point to confusion - or lack of focus - in the search.

I suppose my opinion is colored by the fact that I believe Yurcich turned us down.

Really? Why? Maybe it points to a clear focus. Maybe he knows exactly what he wants, hasn't found it, and ain't willing to settle. I don't know that to be true. But why do you have to assume the worst?

You can either call a smart game or you can’t. Doesn’t matter what level. Dabo hired chad Morris from high school and never looked back
Well Tulsa...but only one season. High school lifer before that!

Its not a slight against you at all, hope that is clear :) I dislike his character very much, even though he has done some good recently here in Huntsville, I just find his words very hypocritical and he is talking down to these guys and not saying dont make the same mistakes I did.

It is and I appreciate where you're coming from. I guess I don't see it as talking down to them. Maybe that's because he expressed exactly how I feel! :)

Not only that, but Fulmer is supporting him 100% in his search and providing him with all the tools neccessary. The next OC will be paid over 1 mill.

Considering Helton was paid over a mil thst pretty obvious his replacement will be paid same or more

Players sitting out of bowl games and coaches bringing them anyway, and other players' with the attitude that any bowl that isn't the championship bowl is meaningless, has been really bothering me. I'll never forget my dad telling my brother, "if you aren't going to leave it all on the field, DON'T GET ON THE BUS." I just read an article my dawg husband sent to me and it expresses the feelings from a former first round NFL draft choice, so I'm going to share it here. I know it's written by a UGA player - don't @ me! :)

UGA Football Legend Pens Frustration With Team's Sugar Bowl Performance; Leadership
I personally don’t see the problem with sitting out, It’s a business decision, just like skipping your senior year is. It’s no different than a coach leaving for a better job after the regular season ends.

#Browns have denied #NFL teams permission to interview Freddie Kitchens for their OC jobs, per @rapsheet. Does this mean he's picking up steam to be the Browns next head coach?

I personally don’t see the problem with sitting out, It’s a business decision, just like skipping your senior year is. It’s no different than a coach leaving for a better job after the regular season ends.
Yeah but it makes bowl games less and less relevant and fun to watch. This years bowl games were absolutely awful outside 2 or 3.

"Why? Because we were supposed to play. Because our universities expected us to play. Because our scholarships required us to play. Because we gave our word to our families and to ourselves that, every time we were on the field, we were going to leave everything on it. And equally as importantly as all of those reasons, because our teammates depended on us to play, and we were not going to abandon our brothers.

Because every game we played in our school jerseys mattered."

I don’t think that is narrative. More along lines Vols didn’t have serious interest there. Canada does a lot of similar things to BYU...could have been a good “let’s see how this work so we can defend it” type deal.

-Price (when asked about the Canada interview and whether he turned us down)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back