Recruiting Forum Football Talk LII

Status
Not open for further replies.
very curious to find out who our OC is going to be. Leech is still available and washington can't afford him...I'm just saying.

Reactions: 1 person
Very interested to see what his flavor is on offense

I4Jay, how are feeling about this hire? You’ve seen him down at FSU

I would have preferred a sitting P5 Head Coach, then a P5 coordinator, and then a successful G5 coach (gun shy on this one thanks to Butch).

You did sign a MOU with Currie, right?
How does our severance package look?
I would settle for being allowed to run through the T at a conference game...

:)

I couldn’t care less if Pruitt comes from Alabama. Take our money and win on Saturdays. You can have your “warm fuzzy VFL” staff. Thanks to those who have worn the O&W in the past, but Give me the wins, ASAP.

Do you think Bama fans give a fluffy fart where Saban’s roots are from?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Just wanted to post this for all to see...

I was really hard on Phil being appointed as AD...and I wanted to tell this to everyone...

He did the right thing and made a great decision on Pruitt...showed how far he was willing to go in order to bring the fan base back together....a real pro head coach now as well as recruiter and full of energy....the schools he previously coached at has nothing to do with the man. He just loves the game of football. Their were some good hires out there that could have been chosen but I dont think we could have gotten a better ALL AROUND coach....Congrats Mr. Fulmer

We have tons of events to honor VFL’s every year. A coaching search is straight business... not another opportunity to pay you on the back and say “thanks”.

Proud of Phil for making the call that I believe gives us the best chance of winning

What is Pruitt’s staff supposed to look like?

And FTR: I think he’ll field a good defense year one. There’s talent at all three levels. How it’s used is the question but his LBs have star potential if healthy. Bituli, Kirkland and Ignont/Sapp/Austin Smith would be nice. Warrior, Shamburger, Byrd and Gaulden would be easy to build around on the backend. The D-Line has talent but that’s my biggest concern. They don’t seem to have a mean guy to stir the pot in that group.

Reactions: 2 people
We have tons of events to honor VFL’s every year. A coaching search is straight business... not another opportunity to pay you on the back and say “thanks”.

Proud of Phil for making the call that I believe gives us the best chance of winning

The recruiting will be insane even if he doesn’t win.

I couldn’t care less if Pruitt comes from Alabama. Take our money and win on Saturdays. You can have your “warm fuzzy VFL” staff. Thanks to those who have worn the O&W in the past, but Give me the wins, ASAP.

Do you think Bama fans give a fluffy fart where Saban’s roots are from?

Fulmer hates Bama more than anyone, and he was willing to swallow his pride and hire the guy he thought would give us the best chance to win. That’s saying something

The recruiting will be insane even if he doesn’t win.

Brother, we’ve just upgraded:

Head coach
Staff (likely)
S&C (likely)
Locker room dynamics
Recruiting
AD

Good days on the horizon. When Saban retires though, he’ll get a phone call if he does what we hope he does at Tennessee. Not gonna borrow that trouble tonight

Fulmer hates Bama more than anyone, and he was willing to swallow his pride and hire the guy he thought would give us the best chance to win. That’s saying something

Gimme the fiercest wolf in the pack and I don’t care what color his fur is

Head coach
Staff (likely)
S&C (likely)
Locker room dynamics
Recruiting
AD

Good days on the horizon. When Saban retires though, he’ll get a phone call if he does what we hope he does at Tennessee. Not gonna borrow that trouble tonight

Dabo will get first dibs.

We aren't going to be able to out bama bama.

I've been hanging around the FF for a few weeks trying to keep up with the coaching search. There's an odd mix of folks --- from overly optimistic and super intuitive/intelligent to downright depressing.

Catbone, there are definitely more people like you over there.

My 2 cents: been a whirlwind year, but the days after the Hell SchiaNO, I was on the verge of turning my Vol Card in as long as Haslem and his stooge Currie we’re still in power.

Last Friday morning changed everything! It didn’t take much for me to see (and later confirmed) that a Coup D’etat occurred behind scenes (much of that on Bev, thank you!). From that day forward my faith has been in Phil and he ran a masterful search. The national media can pound sand on much of that, seeing as they’ve been too lazy to investigate the situation. Phil made a great hire and my faith is renewed.

Today is a great day to be a Tennessee Vol! Let’s enjoy the ride together.

Peace.

Head coach
Staff (likely)
S&C (likely)
Locker room dynamics
Recruiting
AD

The fact that we've mitigated the Haslam's influence within the AD is perhaps the biggest upgrade of all. The admin has been the epitome of disfunctional for far too long.

It's like being diagnosed with terminal cancer and then going into remission.

Hopefully it won't return...

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back