Recruiting Forum Football Talk LII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst thing about this whole revolution, coaching search fiasco is that I am now addicted to my previously unused 5 year old Twitter account as well as VolNation.

Reactions: 5 people
Give me Pruitt, Freeze, and Propst on same staff. Double Gaulden’s to everyone

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Honestly, I was totally convinced that Fulmer wanted to go full Barry Alvarez and find a yes man, but Pruitt is anything but a yes man.

Good job Phil, glad to have you as our AD, and I’m happy to be wrong!

He definitely did not take the easy road. He really stepped up and showed that he loves the Vols as much as the fans do. Kudos to that man.

Honestly, I was totally convinced that Fulmer wanted to go full Barry Alvarez and find a yes man, but Pruitt is anything but a yes man.

Good job Phil, glad to have you as our AD, and I’m happy to be wrong!

That's why I love the hire. Won't take s**t from anyone.

Still hesitation to accept the Bama lifer (native, player, hs coach, college coach) as the leader of the Vols

Very interested on buyout terms. Also interested on what kind of convo Fulmer had with Tee.

If Fulmer thought it was good I see no reason not to give support until further notice.

Reactions: 1 person
Regarding Freeze, if that happens:

It’s worth noting that Saban has had a lot of recent success with this approach: hire an out-of-favor coach in some less-than-he’s-worth position so he can “rehab his image” (read: wait for the public to forget what he did wrong) while providing terrific bang for the buck. Lupoi, Sarkisian, Kiffin... all are examples of that strategy.

Neither condoning nor criticizing the idea. Just pointing out the similarity in approach.

Yup. I would like Freeze and Propst (Hoover HS coach who got caught having an affair) to come on and do some sort of role.

A few bama tears to soothe your souls..

I hope he loses every. fricking. Game.

quote:
Posted by BamaBo7 ? ? on 12/6/17 at 9:12 pm to narddogg81

Another Kiffin Project during the playoffs.. SMH

frick UT..and frick him too then

Last thing we need is a half arse DC with his mind elsewhere

Are we seriously going to have to go into the CFP for the 2nd straight year with a coordinator on his way out the door??? Frick me right in the goat arse...

frick tennessee. If he is the head coach there we just need to promote the next man up.

Phil will do everything in his power to make sure Pruitt doesnt coach in the Playoffs.

frick Fulmer, he'll do anything to frick us over

Instead of studying game film and getting ready for a high power offense...our DC has been preparing interview questions... His mind has been elsewhere..frick him.

You mean to tell me that Phat ***** hires Jeremy freaking Pruitt over Les Miles who has proven he can win big in the SEC? Why? Recruiting? Les was a pretty damn good recruiter. Record? Pruitt has none, Les has a long one. Connections? Les is supposedly buds with Phatass. No, Phatass gave that job to Pruitt for no other reason than to hurt Alabama. Why not? This search has been a fiasco from the get go, all the big names are off the board, and he needed someone in place like yesterday. So why not just screw over Bama? If Pruitt is the next up and comer like Muschamp and Kirby, he got lucky and killed two birds with one stone. If not, he’ll conduct a better search in a couple of years after Pruitt crashes and burns but Bama still loses their DC.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 people
From a poster on VQ...

Few things on Pruitt (I live in Georgia)

He's an assassin on the recruiting trail, Georgia players lobbied like VolTwitter to get Smart to retain him although that obviously would have been weird (Smart probably was threatened) so Pruitt takes Smart's place at Bama. Remember this, Lorenzo Carter, Roquan Smith, Davin Bellamy, Trenton Thompson, etc etc etc all those Jr/Sr studs were recruited BY the Jeremy Pruitt. The guy was a MACHINE in recruiting Georgia, he has contacts all over the Southeast and the best part? His coaching fraternity is huge. Tracy Rocker is a top shelf DL coach, Kevin Sherrer is basically UGA's DC in waiting when Tucker leaves (But Pruitt brought him to GA so I bet he comes to Rocky Top). Offensive side Billy Napier/Dan Enos/Chip Lindsey any of those would be 180 degree upgrades of what we've had for a while.

This is going to be fun. Remember Dooley/Butch pulling top 10-15 classes just because UT was UT? I think Pruitt has us competing for Top 5 year in and year out he's that good. Oh and he's a hell of a defensive mind. One guy around Georgia called him "A young Bob Stoops". Also, lastly he has 4, count em' 4 national championships.

Reactions: 23 people
Jeremy Pruitt is no doubt the best Coordinator hire we could make right now. He has 3 National Championships under his belt. No other coordinator has that.

Ba BOOM

steve-austin-WWE-office-chair-entrance-ramp-1405013594C.gif

Reactions: 5 people
Notes on Pruitt schedule...

Details still being hammered out but Pruitt is expected to stay with Alabama through the College Football Playoffs. The Tide don’t start practicing again until Dec. 15 — which is good news/bad news for the Vols.

Outside of meetings, Pruitt will have nearly a full week to recruit and put a staff together for Tennessee. All hands should be on deck this weekend with guys like Greg Emerson and Alontae Taylor in town.

What gets tricky is next weekend — the final visit date before the dead period and early signing day. Vols have several OVs scheduled (Ollie Lane, Jamarcus Chatman, Michael Penix) and it’s currently unclear how Pruitt would juggle Alabama weekend practices with Tennessee OVs.

- Simonton

Congratulations guys and thanks Phil. I think he did the best he could and brought home the closest thing to a sure thing.

Reactions: 2 people
I apologize too everyone in advance for the obscene amounts of boomage I will be posting from now until I go to bed. Just way to hype for this hire. suck it

- Simonton

For the weekend he’s in Bama it sure would be nice if he kept CRG on staff and had him lead the weekend. Pruitt can Skype, FaceTime, etc outside of practice and still be somewhat effective. The details can be figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back