Recruiting Forum Football Talk LII

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the best I’ve felt about our program since the 2nd half of Lanes season. Thought we were really on the right path then and do today. Wow.

Reactions: 12 people
This is the best I’ve felt about our program since the 2nd half of Lanes season. Thought we were really on the right path then and do today. Wow.

We're on the way back. And I don't think this will be a long rebuild either. 2-3 years.

From where we were a week ago to today is huge. From almost hiring Dave Doreen to hiring Pruitt. Crazy

Reactions: 2 people
kmuolic_1.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Boro has already said hell no and also said #firephil #saynotopruitt in a post. Once a troll, always a troll.

I just remembered them from the grumors in 2012. I stopped in that thread 1 time this go around and saw the same people leading the charge as last time and haven't been back since. If Jon Gruden never gets brought up with the Tennessee job again it will be to.... dare I say... SOON!

How do we know for sure that they are Bama fans?

"Are we seriously going to have to go into the CFP for the 2nd straight year with a coordinator on his way out the door??? Frick me right in the goat arse..."

Oh, that's how!!

Reminds me of a bammer joke. The punchline is "that's how you know you have a good goat."

Reactions: 1 person
After watching butch teams that were paralyzed by trying to execute the infallible system, can’t underestimate this quote Ron dropped:

Jonathan Allen:

"We're not out there thinking. We're out there attacking, and Coach Pruitt has made it easier to do that with the way he's set everything up..."

THAT right there is what being a football coach is all about. It’s not about you, it’s about them. Set your players up for success and your own will follow. Don’t tell your players how successful you are and expect them to hit some made up target you have.

Reactions: 5 people
Our boys Boro & DTO are saying they're done supporting UT because Pruitt has an Alabama background & they have "higher standards for the program"

My man Gucci calling them out hahaha

All your sources were made up. Move on

Reactions: 24 people
Excited. Relieved (almost). But cautious.

Just waiting for the...

Attachments

• 358619-200.png
    358619-200.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 500
Reactions: 3 people
Thoughts on Gillespie being promoted to running game coordinator or similar and having a passing game guy brought in? Seems like CRG is due a raise and that system might actually work for a more pro style O

Ok..ahem..umm..I apogize to VN for losing my mind the last few weeks, even though I think under the circumstances it was justified, even needful for everyone to scream from the rooftops that Kevin Steele was totally unacceptable to VN...

That being said, I said things that were over the top. I have NEVER been too proud or stubborn to admit being wrong, and I will not be now.

However, I will not grovel, the FACT the Steele was ever considered for anything more than a position coach for Tennessee is an insult. I still hold to that.

That being said, I was ultimately wrong about Fulmer..period. Hiring Pruitt is gutsy, and avainst the grain for Fulmer, it proves that he is Tennessee first, and creative enough to go outside his box.

If Pruitt can stabilize Tennessee, and restore Volunteer pride and toughness. He is worth every penny he will get. It is not going to be easy, but I think this dude is wired perfectly. He is not the best "Big time Head Coach" we could have hired this year, but he could be the perfect coach for what we need done...

Pruitt gets his shot at greatness in UT history, and Fulmer made the best choice he could, considering the turmoil, and I applaud him for that. We may have gotten really lucky and hit the jackpot, we may not have, only history will tell. 🤔

Reactions: 16 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back