Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ffs. People saying (not here) Russell pulled a Simone Biles or "an Osaka" if you will.

Folks that have never dealt with bad anxiety should stay in their lane. Friggin idjits
He tried to do it quietly so his team stays ahead of him.... That's nothing like Biles or Osaka who made it about themselves

Oh ffs. People saying (not here) Russell pulled a Simone Biles or "an Osaka" if you will.

Folks that have never dealt with bad anxiety should stay in their lane. Friggin idjits
Nah man, it doesn't count because you can't see it.

Last edited:
I just went back and listened to audio. He said NCAA was testing whole team for PEDs. First he said UT was testing whole team, then he added NCAA. He should be banned from any involvement with NCAA sports. You just cannot make those accusations without verification

Yeah I’m 100% behind a heavy punishment. You just can’t do what he did without consequences.

Whichever scout, and team, that has him on their draft board is gonna do the tiniest bit of homework on the kid. Just the tiniest. And again, Tony V likely knows the regional scout (from every MLB team at this point) covering the Vols.
'Once again" if you're choosing between several prospects and they're evaluated relatively close, you swing with the one with a cleaner sheet...perceived or otherwise. Doubt the reputation of his college coach trumps that. It doesn't make you undraftable, but it could cost you a round or two if the next team that has him on their board has him rated lower. It's a numbers game in the sports with fewer rounds in their drafts. Magnified in the MLB version.

'Once again" if you're choosing between several prospects and they're evaluated relatively close, you swing with the one with a cleaner sheet...perceived or otherwise. Doubt the reputation of his college coach trumps that. If doesn't make you undraftable, but it could cost you a round or two if the next team that has him on their board has him rated lower. It's a numbers game in the sports with fewer rounds in their drafts. Magnified in the MLB version.

My man. Said scout or team would contact Tony V about such allegations. Easily proved to be false. Non-story for his draft status unless teams are wary bc of this anxiety issue.

My man. Said scout or team would contact Tony V about such allegations. Easily proved to be false. Non-story for his draft status unless teams are wary bc of this anxiety issue.
But it's out there! Dan Marino almost slipped into the second round based on pot rumors. "We'll nab him later" is a bigger player than "Tony says he's aight."

To be fair to UT they probably didn't see rampant speculation happening. If we weren't #1 and hated, there wouldn't have been. If this had been a regular season game, nobody would have batted an eye.

But they underestimated all the sewer rats out there...and the gullible fools that will believe anything on the interwebs.
Didn’t predict rampant speculation…. Doe UT not know how social media works?

But then that puts them in the situation of having to address every rumor that goes out on a player with saying what it’s not, without saying what it is. That could be never ending.
True, but it's the more harmful rumors that I think they should address. The rumors about PEDs were already being floated last night. There could have easily been a statement from UT last night that this was absolutely not a PED/failed test situation. I know TV did say ER was sick, and people will point to that, but when a harmful rumor like a failed test is out there, I have no problem with UT stating that is absolutely not true ASAP.

I just went back and listened to audio. He said NCAA was testing whole team for PEDs. First he said UT was testing whole team, then he added NCAA. He should be banned from any involvement with NCAA sports. You just cannot make those accusations without verification
Agreed, the reality is he's an arky fan, and most of his social media is arky fans who were repeating the rumor making him think the rumor had legs, and he wanted it to be true so badly that he threw judgment to the wind. He shouldn't get a national audience with biases that strong and judgment that poor.

Of course not. Sankey is a tool. But he's a tool who respects money and power. UT has a platform, strong leadership and an organized NIL team that's aligned from the state down. UT is the SEC champion in two major sports, FB is getting back on track and WBB is on the upswing. It's in Sankey's best interests to get behind UT at some point, whether he likes it or not. It's easy to kick a school when it's down in the gutter; it's counterproductive to kick a rising power.
1654362708363.gif

How could UT have handled it better?

I get what ur saying but I think with it being so outta left field(no pun intended)it kinda got everyone off guard.I mean look at the ridiculous freak out here.If Coach would have said "Hey Evan is sick and out for the game today,will update you as we know more then u prob wouldn't have had all the speculation that happened.I mean when ur 5 year guy suddenly up and disappears the opening day of tourney its gonna raise a few flags.So all of yest evening the whole damn universe was tossing rumors n ebrrytning else they could out,hell even ESPN got in on the action.Thats literally all because of the vague response of Evan is out today and for the foreseeable future.This tweet caused the chaos and a simple Evan is sick would have saved us 24hrs of bs.When ur AD has to address the absence of ur catcher then someone dropped the ball.I mean I'm all for someone telling me how UT and the vagueness at tourney game time didn't cause this ruckus tho 21922BBA-00F0-417B-88F8-E409B5FBB0FA.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SoilVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back