Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to agree. BUT Sankey is a political animal. UT has made it easy for him to sweep everything under the rug by not pushing issues. The ball's squarely in his court now.

The growing success of UT's sports programs and NIL, and the huge fan response to both, is giving UT its moxie back. UTAD is acting like a player again. Welcome back, UT. Welcome back.
LETTUCE GO!!!!

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Ehhh ya know I'm really not sure who or what to believe in this situation.The Ped crap is just ludacris kids been a VFL for years now but ur telling me rite before the biggest games of his life he decides to pump some peds in his body Smh!Oh I believe UT could have handled it better and it probably would have squashed a bunch of this non sense.No one is to blame really just sounds like a cluster f*k but Evan and the team deserve the benefit of the doubt...
#MakeUTGreatAgain
How could UT have handled it better?

Wow Eklund actually lives in Fayetteville and is a hog fan. Siap. Not shocking, though he may just be a case of an internet grandpa. Saw the Arky fan troll tweet and thought hey it must be true if it's on the internet. I'm not aware of broadcasters having any background on journalism or reporting standards or ethics. He's a baseball analyst after all. Maybe they need some classes for those folks. If he even still has a job.
Didn't he play for Arkansas?

Of course not. Sankey is a tool. But he's a tool who respects money and power. UT has a platform, strong leadership and an organized NIL team that's aligned from the state down. UT is the SEC champion in two major sports, FB is getting back on track and WBB is on the upswing. It's in Sankey's best interests to get behind UT at some point, whether he likes it or not. It's easy to kick a school when it's down in the gutter; it's counterproductive to kick a rising power.
A rising power…that sounds so good! We back!

Yes, if there is an accusation of PEDs.
What if ER missed the rest of year.

That’s just not how this works.

I promise you Tony V has relationships with the scouts that cover the Vols and would disseminate the correct information to those who would need to know.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
So you believe MLB teams slot their draft over something said on an ESPN broadcast?
Yeah I'm a little wary of this flimsy assumption too. Especially since he IS playing now. So the rumor is very clearly false. Wouldn't make much sense for MLB teams to drop him for something clearly 100% false.

I also just don't see Evan Russell as the litigious "let's sue em all" type. And it sounds like UT wants an apology, not a court case.

I have zero doubt Mr Vandy Lawyer Clay Travis is the litigious type...

How could UT have handled it better?
JMO, but they could have addressed rumors a lot faster than they did. They could have said a lot about what was not the problem (like a failed test) without saying what the problem actually was, protecting both ER's privacy and reputation. It's unfair that these reporters can drag this young man's name through the mud.

Yeah I'm a little wary of this flimsy assumption too. Especially since he IS playing now. So the rumor is very clearly false. Wouldn't make much sense for MLB teams to drop him for something clearly 100% false.

I also just don't see Evan Russell as the litigious "let's sue em all" type. And it sounds like UT wants an apology, not a court case.
I was simply saying it had the potential to cause harm. But even if it is handled well by TV and UT, if even a little doubt is caused by this ER could be hurt.
It is hard to reel in unsubstantiated rumors.

JMO, but they could have addressed rumors a lot faster than they did. They could have said a lot about what was not the problem (like a failed test) without saying what the problem actually was, protecting both ER's privacy and reputation. It's unfair that these reporters can drag this young man's name through the mud.
But then that puts them in the situation of having to address every rumor that goes out on a player with saying what it’s not, without saying what it is. That could be never ending.

To be fair to UT they probably didn't see rampant speculation happening. If we weren't #1 and hated, there wouldn't have been. If this had been a regular season game, nobody would have batted an eye.

But they underestimated all the sewer rats out there...and the gullible fools that will believe anything on the interwebs.

So you believe MLB teams slot their draft over something said on an ESPN broadcast?
They look at a million different tiebreakers. If the Brewers are looking to add a catching prospect to their farm and they’re down to Evan and another candidate without this false garbage…who do they go with?

I am not sure UT had a way of knowing that a broadcaster at another regional location was accusing Vol Baseball of using PEDs. He went beyond Russell. He claimed whole team would be tested.
He needs to be terminated

A paid employee that represents the SEC and, specifically, a sports team of a member institution made a bogus, unverified, damaging claim against a rival student athlete (and implied other teammates could be in trouble) and stated it as fact on national television.

And the truth of the matter was illness (possibly mental health related).

Yeah, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's worse than Saban and Jimbo throwing sh*t at each other.

They look at a million different tiebreakers. If the Brewers are looking to add a catching prospect to their farm and they’re down to Evan and another candidate without this false garbage…who do they go with?

Whichever scout, and team, that has him on their draft board is gonna do the tiniest bit of homework on the kid. Just the tiniest. And again, Tony V likely knows the regional scout (from every MLB team at this point) covering the Vols.

Also I would be shocked if anyone drafts him as a catcher. Really shocked.

Edit: I realize that’s not the point

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back