Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to yellowstone last summer. By far my least favorite national park. Grand Teton is right down the road and so much better
I can understand that. They're very different parks. It all depends on what you're looking for, what you like. That's why I say you shouldn't decide whether or not to see or visit a place based on what another person says.

Zion is my favorite national park. There are so many great hikes to go on there
In Utah we visited Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Zion, and Bryce Canyon. We enjoyed Zion but a few things were closed.

By far Bryce Canyon was our favorite. Amazing hikes and rock formations and views. I didn't expect that.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
They were 9 7 5 and 3 when we went. They were able to hike about 5 miles before they started to complain. So we would do a early morning big hike go hang out in the hotel for 3 or 4 hours then go back in the afternoon and hike another 3-5 miles.

We have already booked a trip for Utah at the end of June and we will be visiting all 5 parks there. The wife and I have been to Zion twice already. This will be the first time we ha e taken the kids with us.
Our grandkids (14 (special needs), 11, 9, 4) joined us for 10 days while we were in Kanab. My daughter had some fun things planned for them while there. I realize y'all may have your own ideas. But I can share with you what we did if interested.

It is. We arent rich. No sense in spending a ton of money.

Was fun, but, when the wheelbarrow broke in middle of the project made for sporting, event.

Then of course, the wife wanted a seating area. That was work.
Watch a YouTube video, learn to do things for yourself. Raw materials for that project weren't expensive.

If you make a mistake, it's no big deal.

We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents"

-Bob Ross

Dont get me wrong it is beautiful. Im sure that i would have enjoyed it a lot more had it just been me and my wife, but with 4 kids we spent 90% of our time there in a car driving from one view point to another.
Pretty much every ranking of national parks I've seen that was done by more than a single individual has Grand Teton ranked higher than Yellowstone. In fact, you're not alone in your opinion of Yellowstone; there are typically many ranked higher than it is. I don't agree, but a lot of people aren't as impressed with it as much as they are with many other parks. Again, it all depends on what you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back