Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m in the infancy of planning and welcome to suggestions. I want to go to Jackson Hole and dip into Yellowstone. But I also would enjoy a Grand Canyon/desert style circuit.
Zion is my favorite national park. There are so many great hikes to go on there

Attachments

• 20211106_165508.jpg
    20211106_165508.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • 20211106_121503.jpg
    20211106_121503.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 14
  • 20210419_200258.jpg
    20210419_200258.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 13
Yellowstone is amazing because it has such a diversity of nature. None of them in and of themselves is unique to Yellowstone, i.e., there are geysers all over the world. But Yellowstone has a number and combination of interesting nature features, including over 100 geysers, that probably no other place on earth has.

People who have seen the variety of geysers there say Old Faithful isn't even the most impressive geyser at Yellowstone, just the most famous one, probably because it's the most predictable amongst the big ones. Grand geyser is typically the tallest and most impressive one. It's just harder to predict and the interval between eruptions is longer, so not visited as often.

And I didn't say Old Faithful isn't amazing, just that it's not worth fighting the traffic and crowds and problem of trying to get a parking spot you'll typically get there unless you're willing to go really early in the morning, which we may decide to do depending on our other priorities at the time.

Everyone should know better than visit or not visit, see or not see a place based on what a person on the internet says.
The Inn at OF is coolest thing there.

Grand Prismatic & Tope Hole are close by. Firehole
Gorge and its PMD hatch. One if best days Ive ever had on a dry fly.

Undine Falls in the Northwestern area. Chuckwagon stew and cold beer over fire and starry sky.

Grand Canyon of Yellowstone by moonlight. Upper and lower falls.

Lake Yellowstone. Mud pits. And Absorokas in background.

Grab a rocking chair at Lake Lodge. Have a great conversation with a beer on tap by 6 ft tall fireplaces.

I don't walk so well anymore, at least not for distance. I'd need one of these bad boys to enjoy national park trails.

edd96ec804dcf555d57d31eef9b68c3b.jpg

What did you not like about it?
It seemed to me that at yellowstone the park is more about driving around and pulling off at stops to take pictures. There arent a ton on marked hiking trails unless you go to the back country. I had 4 kids under 10 with me so that was a no go.

Teton i thought had a lot better hiking opportunities that were more easily accessible.

Reactions: OrangenSC
It seemed to me that at yellowstone the park is more about driving around and pulling off at stops to take pictures. There arent a ton on marked hiking trails unless you go to the back country. I had 4 kids under 10 with me so that was a no go.

Teton i thought had a lot better hiking opportunities that were more easily accessible.
So my four are under 10. It’s possible? Seems like that is about our speed right now…. pulling over and snapping pics.

Tetons are the Gatlinburg to the Yellowstone - Smokies.

Yellowstone is amazing because it has such a diversity of nature. None of them in and of themselves is unique to Yellowstone, i.e., there are geysers all over the world. But Yellowstone has a number and combination of interesting nature features, including over 100 geysers, that probably no other place on earth has.

People who have seen the variety of geysers there say Old Faithful isn't even the most impressive geyser at Yellowstone, just the most famous one, probably because it's the most predictable amongst the big ones. Grand geyser is typically the tallest and most impressive one. It's just harder to predict and the interval between eruptions is longer, so not visited as often.

And I didn't say Old Faithful isn't amazing, just that it's not worth fighting the traffic and crowds and problem of trying to get a parking spot you'll typically get there unless you're willing to go really early in the morning, which we may decide to do depending on our other priorities at the time.

Everyone should know better than visit or not visit, see or not see a place based on what a person on the internet says.
Yellowstone is amazing for far more than just the wildlife.

So my four are under 10. It’s possible? Seems like that is about our speed right now…. pulling over and snapping pics.
They were 9 7 5 and 3 when we went. They were able to hike about 5 miles before they started to complain. So we would do a early morning big hike go hang out in the hotel for 3 or 4 hours then go back in the afternoon and hike another 3-5 miles.

We have already booked a trip for Utah at the end of June and we will be visiting all 5 parks there. The wife and I have been to Zion twice already. This will be the first time we ha e taken the kids with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back