Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, the job market is absolutely wild right now.

At a couple points in the past I've looked at upgrading my career via job change, but with only marginal results, especially being in such a small, yet extremely competitive market such as Asheville. And yet I'm currently gaining 1-2 offers a week, with my pick of the litter. I'd say I've heard back from 80% of my applications, to where before it was more like 10-20%.

Now is definitely the time to shoot for the stars if you're yearning to make an jump in your career and need/want to go outside your current company in order to do so.

fwiw.

Definitely. My wife has been looking for the last few months and is being extremely selective. Turned down a few offers while waiting for the right opportunity. Seems like she has a new LinkedIn message every day. Hell, I have my LinkedIn set to not interested in new opportunities since Im still in my first year of my current position and I still get 1-2 recruiters reaching out to me weekly.

Too many unhappy boosters want him out because the place seems to be falling apart. When boosters ain't happy, money becomes a bigger problem.
Along with building all negative relationships across the program. That's Pruitt level stuff that will have everyone working against you.

Then the transfers, the assistants leaving, he doesn't care about recruiting, apparently said the football approach in Idaho is superior to that of the Southeast, hasn't embraced AU traditions, doesn't attend events and thinks they are below him, sends assistants to things for former players and such...he just seems like a massive douche that has no interest in being a part of the program...isn't recruiting hard...and just had a losing season. That won't last long at Auburn.

Definitely. My wife has been looking for the last few months and is being extremely selective. Turned down a few offers while waiting for the right opportunity. Seems like she has a new LinkedIn message every day. Hell, I have my LinkedIn set to not interested in new opportunities since Im still in my first year of my current position and I still get 1-2 recruiters reaching out to me weekly.
Wild times. But exciting for mid and even early career folks. Idk if it's all the boomers retiring, some leaving early due to covid, or what. And I just don't buy it's "people being lazy" for these 75k-150k jobs. There seems to be something larger at work right now in these movements.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
I hope Barnes puts a foot in the mouth to some of our fans this tournament we don’t deserve him as our coach
Agree. Sometimes I get caught up in the W/L but he mostly wins & is SUCH a good person (I'm not going to go into all of it, but live in Knoxville - have heard so many diff stories), he's the kind of person who does so much for others without publicity... Proud he's our coach.

Agree. Sometimes I get caught up in the W/L but he mostly wins & is SUCH a good person (I'm not going to go into all of it, but live in Knoxville - have heard so many diff stories), he's the kind of person who does so much for others without publicity... Proud he's our coach.
He wins the ones he’s supposed to. I believe we haven’t lost a game we were favored in this year. Some of those early games were frustrating when we would go 10 minutes without scoring but the offense has found it’s stride, if he’s gonna make a tourney run this is the year to do it

Don’t want him gone and think he’s a good coach, but I’m not gonna cry when he retires

Will be interesting to see the line for the UK game. FPI has us favored. UK was -5.5 last time. My guess is it’s gonna be 1.5 either way
I'm only familiar with football home advantages being 2.5-3 points. Do you know what the home court advantage is worth in basketball?

He was planning this break back in November I believe.. he made it seem like he just hasn’t taken any time off in a long time and people were convincing him to. He said he was nervous that if he took a month off, then he’d lose a chunk of his fan base. But ultimately, made the decision to take all of January off.

Still does have a lot going on though.. hope he finds peace.
He said he wanted to take it off bc he was going to go to a recovery type place and stay for a while, but decided against it.

I hope Barnes puts a foot in the mouth to some of our fans this tournament we don’t deserve him as our coach
Just think of how unlucky he's been here.

1) Absolute BS call vs Purdue in the Sweet Sixteen

2) Last second triple bouce-in shot vs cinderella Loyola-Chicago that ended up in the Final Four. Just our luck.

3) We land one of the hottest teams in the nation and an eventual Elite Eight team in "#12" Oregon St...

If we could just avoid B.S. late shots and fake fouls, we might just do alright. Barnes can't control nonsense penalties or running head first into the greatest cinderellas of the decade. That's just insane.

2) Last second triple bouce-in shot vs cinderella Loyola-Chicago that ended up in the Final Four. Just our luck.

3) We land one of the hottest teams in the nation and an eventual Elite Eight team in "#12" Oregon St...

If we could just avoid B.S. late shots and fake fouls, we might just do alright. Barnes can't control nonsense penalties or running head first into the greatest cinderellas of the decade. That's just insane.

You can add Alexander being out against Loyola-Chicago and Fulkerson being out against Oregon State.

He said he wanted to take it off bc he was going to go to a recovery type place and stay for a while, but decided against it.
I hadn’t seen that.. but I just saw that he posted a new episode 2 days ago and I guess he discusses that.. sad stuff.

I saw his show at the Tennessee Theater back in September and it was fantastic. He is great live.

Old Faithful is amazing...you're obviously not easily impressed by amazing things. I love all the thermal features, each one is a work of art, and like I said...I 100% disagree.

I didn't go see Ol Faithful just because everybody does, I am not a follower. I go and see it because it is a mind blowing, amazing creation that deserves the attention it gets.

But...to each their own. I just don't want people who've not been there to get some idea that it is some sucky dime a dozen cheap boring place...it is one of the most amazing places on God's green earth.
Yellowstone is amazing because it has such a diversity of nature. None of them in and of themselves is unique to Yellowstone, i.e., there are geysers all over the world. But Yellowstone has a number and combination of interesting nature features, including over 100 geysers, that probably no other place on earth has.

People who have seen the variety of geysers there say Old Faithful isn't even the most impressive geyser at Yellowstone, just the most famous one, probably because it's the most predictable amongst the big ones. Grand geyser is typically the tallest and most impressive one. It's just harder to predict and the interval between eruptions is longer, so not visited as often.

And I didn't say Old Faithful isn't amazing, just that it's not worth fighting the traffic and crowds and problem of trying to get a parking spot you'll typically get there unless you're willing to go really early in the morning, which we may decide to do depending on our other priorities at the time.

Everyone should know better than visit or not visit, see or not see a place based on what a person on the internet says.

Last edited:
That doesn't make any sense..

I love this team...it is a hard-working, unselfish group of good young men that is easy to pull for...that being said, I think we drop three more before the post-season.

This is a very good, pretty solid team, but I think UK and Auburn (when they are tuned in, and admittedly we may very well beat AU if our offense plays very well) are better, more explosive teams this year, and those games are probably losses.

I think we may drop another game too. I hope not, but I just don't have faith in this teams offensive ability to be consistent...they just get sooo weirdly discombobulated for looong stretches of too many games.

It's ok...it's basketball. I have seen other really good defensive teams go deep and even win the NCAA tourney before.

Either way...I love this team. I hope at some point we pull a true offensive superstar to add to teams like this one...when we do, I believe we may finally get our first ever Tennessee FF team.

I try to tell people that all the time...that's just Basketball. I think we should he thankful to have a coach that is pretty much always going to have a pretty good to great team.

We have had pretty bad luck in our draws...that is something that just happens.

That doesn't make any sense..

I love this team...it is a hard-working, unselfish group of good young men that is easy to pull for...that being said, I think we drop three more before the post-season.

This is a very good, pretty solid team, but I think UK and Auburn (when they are tuned in, and admittedly we may very well beat AU if our offense plays very well) are better, more explosive teams this year, and those games are probably losses.

I think we may drop another game too. I hope not, but I just don't have faith in this teams offensive ability to be consistent...they just get sooo weirdly discombobulated for looong stretches of too many games.

It's ok...it's basketball. I have seen other really good defensive teams go deep and even win the NCAA tourney before.

Either way...I love this team. I hope at some point we pull a true offensive superstar to add to teams like this one...when we do, I believe we may finally get our first ever Tennessee FF team.
Don't disagree. We feel limited in a way.

That said, if we can play solid, low turnover basketball, I feel we can play a 50/50 or even 60/40 game vs those 2. But if you told me someone won by double digits, I would be surprised if we were on the winning end.

Yellowstone is amazing because it has such a diversity of nature. None of them in and of themselves is unique to Yellowstone, i.e., there are geysers all over the world. But Yellowstone has a number and combination of interesting nature features, including over 100 geysers, that probably no other place on earth has.

People who have seen the variety of geysers there say Old Faithful isn't even the most impressive geyser at Yellowstone, just the most famous one, probably because it's the most predictable amongst the big ones. Grand geyser is typically the tallest and most impressive one. It's just harder to predict and the interval between eruptions is longer, so not visited as often.

And I didn't say Old Faithful isn't amazing, just that it's not worth fighting the traffic and crowds and problem of trying to get a parking spot you'll typically get there unless you're willing to go really early in the morning, which we may decide to do depending on our other priorities at the time.

Everyone should know better than visit or not visit, see or not see a place based on what a person on the internet says.
Went to yellowstone last summer. By far my least favorite national park. Grand Teton is right down the road and so much better

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back