Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no hallowed records…. Baseball players for years have done everything they can to get ahead… illegal bats….. illegal substances on the baseball…. Mickey Mantle, Hank Aaron, Willie Mays among others used greenies as performance enhancing drugs.
None of those made the ball go further…just made them more awake. See Brady Anderson.

He has shown flashes of brilliance. He almost single handedly put the team on his back 2 years ago at Kentucky. He scored 27 points and we came back from 17 points down. I think people saw that and got excited that he was putting it all together finally. We haven’t seen that same Fulkerson the last 2 years though. He doesn’t even look at the basket when he gets the ball, he is only looking to pass. It’s frustrating knowing what he is capable of.

Opposing teams have figured him out…he literally has one post move.

He was likely never going to be NBA good, but he's college good. SEC preseason 1st team. 1,000pts and over 500 rebounds. His field goal percentages his junior and senior years were great (4th all time for UT in a single season his Jr. year, has the 5th highest career fg % going into this season). Has appeared on Wooden and Lute Olson Award watch lists.

He has single-handedly won us big games in his career - like when he dropped 27 with 6rb @ #6 Kentucky in the comeback win (National Player of the Week). The only UT player to score more in Rupp is Chris Lofton (31). Players that "were never that good," don't do things like that.

Just this season he was on a tear, having big games against UNC, Colorado, Texas Tech, and finally #6 AZ when he dropped 24pt 10rb (SEC player of the week).

Then he got Covid, and it was almost a month before he scored 10pts again. Something he did in 6/10 games pre-Covid and 1/11 games post-Covid. He started 10/10 games pre-Covid; 4/11 post-Covid. Averaged 25.7 min pre-Covid; 19.36 min post-Covid.

No, Fulky isn't NBA good. But he's a damn good college basketball player with a damn good career - don't let changing baselines/selective memory/revisionism make you think otherwise. Covid has 100% affected his production.

Appreciate the info Mr.Faulkerson
Covid has really kicked his butt twice. Not sure why but last year and this year it really took its toll on his energy and stamina then confidence. I was surprised it affected him as much this year in that way but it did. He has showed signs of getting out of it with his managed minutes off bench. He has provided key moments in last few games. Still not as much as you would like but he is making plays in limited chances he takes

I honestly 100% believe that shot he took to the face in the SEC tournament hurt him the most…possibly even messed up his vision..

Reactions: OrangenSC
I think you can all share in my shock in the recent documentary that Hugh Hefner in fact was NOT running a school of feminine virtues all of those years in the mansion. I mean… I’m stunned. I don’t think anyone saw this coming

They say that they were known to toke the refer and even have the sex. View attachment 433755
5BB98ACF-3833-466C-84E6-B47FB58CA40D.gif

Excerpts from the Cover 3 Podcast where they had Bill Connelly on to review his SP+ rankings. If you remember, he put us at #9.

Chip Patterson

Bill

Sometimes I wish these guys would just not put us in their top 10 or top 25 if they really didn't believe that we were top 10 or top 25. Just come out and say you ranked us high because it drives clicks and visibility.

Either way, I can't wait to come out and pick up where we left off next year, shifting into a higher gear.
Well, we did score 24 against Bama and 17 against UGA, which if I remember correctly was more than any other team did until Bama in the SECC. Not too shabby.

Isn’t it weird that he won defensive player of the year for the state of Georgia then? Reminds me of Worley winning Gatorade player of the year
People seem to forget Worley was throwing dinks and dunks to Cordarrelle Patterson who would then house them. That’s if my memory proves correct. Kinda like Bailey throwing to his Insane WR and Tight End crew…maybe I’m wrong.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Excerpts from the Cover 3 Podcast where they had Bill Connelly on to review his SP+ rankings. If you remember, he put us at #9.

Chip Patterson

Bill

Sometimes I wish these guys would just not put us in their top 10 or top 25 if they really didn't believe that we were top 10 or top 25. Just come out and say you ranked us high because it drives clicks and visibility.

Either way, I can't wait to come out and pick up where we left off next year, shifting into a higher gear.
I’m with you. They say we are top 10 but then drop us 15 spots when we lose to the number 1 and 2 teams in the country. UTSA will have. 10-1 record against trash teams and be top 10 in their final ranking.

Reactions: BigSteve09
None of those made the ball go further…just made them more awake. See Brady Anderson.
It supposedly helped hand eye coordination as well…. I just think it’s silly judging one group of players just bc the ways to cheat got better…. I have no doubts the playerS that we’re using greenies would also have used steroids if they were available back then.

Reactions: hooter vol
People seem to forget Worley was throwing dinks and dunks to Cordarrelle Patterson who would then house them. That’s if my memory proves correct. Kinda like Bailey throwing to his Insane WR and Tight End crew…maybe I’m wrong.
Patterson played with Tyler Bray. Not exclusive dinks and dunks, either. Several deep balls landed on that team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volnatic
Bray was the QB. They went deep a lot. Rewatch the NC State game.

Reactions: ChiTownVol
It supposedly helped hand eye coordination as well…. I just think it’s silly judging one group of players just bc the ways to cheat got better…. I have no doubts the playerS that we’re using greenies would also have used steroids if they were available back then.
What they WOULD have done is not in evidence…cuz they DIDN’T. Aaron set the all-time record fully awake but otherwise unenhanced. Roger Maris same mentality. Key word CHEAT. The current voters aren’t discounting the word. Eventually they’ll die off and all the sophisticated cheaters will be honored…hopefully posthumously.

We use a couple of brothers here in Smyrna/Boro area… Parkers. Something about brothers I guess run an honest business. There’s a set of contractors too that are brothers in Boro that are really trustworthy… Wright.

I heard about them..they owned a bicycle shop and built airplanes on the side

teeHfS.gif

Chip Patterson

Bill

I mean, last year, who DID move the ball on Georgia? Also, we were in the Bama game to start the 4th quarter. Sometimes, I wonder if these guys watch most games.

Does anybody listen to Theo Von on This Past Weekend or King and the Sting podcasts? He’s been missing a lot lately and came out with an episode today with an explanation. He sounds like he has some pretty serious mental health problems and I’m worried about him doing something like this one day
He was planning this break back in November I believe.. he made it seem like he just hasn’t taken any time off in a long time and people were convincing him to. He said he was nervous that if he took a month off, then he’d lose a chunk of his fan base. But ultimately, made the decision to take all of January off.

Still does have a lot going on though.. hope he finds peace.

What they WOULD have done is not in evidence…cuz they DIDN’T. Aaron set the all-time record fully awake but otherwise unenhanced. Roger Maris same mentality. Key word CHEAT. The current voters aren’t discounting the word. Eventually they’ll die off and all the sophisticated cheaters will be honored…hopefully posthumously.[/Steroids in the '60s? You bet

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back