Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems that’s the only team that can’t….
Unfortunately…. there has been more…..never ever want to lose but would have been ok with a better draft position….. with Ben retiring…. We should have close to 59 million in cap space to help rebuild this team.

The Purdue game -

BCFToys is an analytic website that provides ratings and supporting data for college football calculated from the results of non-garbage possessions in FBS vs. FBS games.
I follow their net yards per play analysis.

Four of the top 5 teams in net yards per play this year are in the college football playoff. The 5th is Ohio State.

Kentucky is at 9th for net yards per play, Pitt is at 12th, Tennessee is at 13th, Florida is at 30th, Ole Miss is at 37th, and Purdue is at 59th.

We will be the 2nd best offense Purdue has face all year and the 7th best defense. They lost to 4 of the 6 higher ranked defenses but beat Iowa, who had the 118th ranked offense in O-YPP and Illinois who had the #113 ranked offense.

On defense Purdue ranks #101 in giving up plays of 10+ yards; we rank #30. On offense we rank #9 in plays that gain 10+ yards; Purdue ranks #90.

I’ve been reading that Purdue will be without their leading receiver (Bell) and may be without their 2nd leading receiver (Wright). I’ve also read they will be without their best defensive player (Karlaftis).

Purdue’s rushing offense ranks 127th in the nation for yards per game and dead last at #130 for yards per attempt.

View attachment 423639
Thank you for sharing. Great info.

The Purdue game -

BCFToys is an analytic website that provides ratings and supporting data for college football calculated from the results of non-garbage possessions in FBS vs. FBS games.
I follow their net yards per play analysis.

Four of the top 5 teams in net yards per play this year are in the college football playoff. The 5th is Ohio State.

Kentucky is at 9th for net yards per play, Pitt is at 12th, Tennessee is at 13th, Florida is at 30th, Ole Miss is at 37th, and Purdue is at 59th.

We will be the 2nd best offense Purdue has face all year and the 7th best defense. They lost to 4 of the 6 higher ranked defenses but beat Iowa, who had the 118th ranked offense in O-YPP and Illinois who had the #113 ranked offense.

On defense Purdue ranks #101 in giving up plays of 10+ yards; we rank #30. On offense we rank #9 in plays that gain 10+ yards; Purdue ranks #90.

I’ve been reading that Purdue will be without their leading receiver (Bell) and may be without their 2nd leading receiver (Wright). I’ve also read they will be without their best defensive player (Karlaftis).

Purdue’s rushing offense ranks 127th in the nation for yards per game and dead last at #130 for yards per attempt.

View attachment 423639
WGWTFA

Without listening to it again, I believe Brent said for the unvaccinated

edit...."they'll test again in 48 hrs before kickoff, for unvaccinated players"

45 sec in if your interested in listening for yourself !

These protocols are such a joke...as are those in the NFL. Vaccinated or not, both are getting COVID and can spread it. There is no difference. The jab is not a vaccine, it is a shot…much like the flu shot. Doesn’t prevent anything. And COVID has about the same death rate as the flu; but it is much much more contagious so many more people get it and therefore more people die from it.

A cruise ship with a 100% vaccination rate had an outbreak of COVID and was denied port in Mexico. Can’t blame the unvaccinated for this one. Just one example out of many as to 100% vaccination rates not being a preventative.

If you want to help quell the spread, everyone needs to be treated the same. Test…and quarantine those who test positive - equally.

This is not an anti-vax statement. Just an observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back