Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
**Greetings from Nashville, where Tennessee is holding its first on-site bowl practice ahead of Thursday's Music City Bowl against Purdue. The Vols are practicing at Vanderbilt Stadium and we got to see about 10-12 minutes of today's practice. It'll be the only open-viewing we get this week and it consisted of some special-teams work, stretch and the start of individual drills. Josh Heupel is scheduled to speak after practice
**Probably the most notable item is Cade Mays was not in uniform and was riding the stationary bike on the side. Doesn't bode well about him playing but we'll see. My educated guess is we'd see a Dayne Davis/Jeremiah Crawford platoon at right tackle if Mays is not available.
**Vibe in the moments I saw was loose but workmanlike. Heupel seemed pleased with the approach of this team in their practices back in Knoxville and stressed the Vols carry it over. The brief part of practice I saw were like the periods we saw in Knoxville so that could be a good sign the focus and motivation is there.
**Another player not in uniform was cornerback Kenneth George Jr. so he likely won't be a factor in how Tennessee replaces Alontae Taylor in the game. George missed the final few games due to injury. Notably I did see Aubrey Solomon and Juwan Mitchell with the group of guys not in uniform, which included Elijah Simmons who didn't practice back in Knoxville.
**Will have some photos and video from the little bit we saw and coverage of Heupel on the site today
-247 Brown

Working out at little brothers practice field, Neyland West....

Same here. Anybody with back issues should check out the Activator Technique that some chiropractors utilize. It might work for them as it did for me when combined with deep massage. Relief from pain and inactivity to complete recovery in just a few weeks. The exercise/stretching techniques I learned are still serving me well some 4 years later. Have not needed further or on-going visits, although I would never hesitate to go back if needed now.

I don't have time to read all comments, but will chime in to agree. There is a whole range of capabilities and intentions of chiropractors, but there are some good ones in the area.

I had back problems for years, until I realized mine were primarily due to sitting all day at my job, and allowing my muscles to get weak. Though I believe in chiropractors more than simply taking medications, the real answer for me was to keep my core muscles in shape. The first trip to the physical therapist was an eye opener, and now I just make sure that I do my regular exercise. Problem solved (until I get busy and forget).

Lumbar McKenzie protocol. Find a certified McKenzie therapist. (All therapy centers will say that they can do McKenzie, demand a certified therapist). The only thing that actually helps the disc heal. Once pain free, do the McKenzie exercise daily for 3-4 months for long term healing. One round only takes 10 minutes.

Only treatment that’s mandatory for my patients. All other treatments are optional and the patient and I decide their best treatment course together.

It’s a positional exercise that reduces pressure in the injured portion of the disc. This allows the injured area to build a strong scar repair. The longer it’s performed on a daily basis, the better and stronger the scar. Stronger scar means less chance of re-injury.

The correct position reduces leg pain first, centralize the pain. Then the back pain goes away. No twisting of the spine, worse action for an injured disc. Absolutely no lifting and twisting.

No core strengthening, crunches, sit-ups, etc. until pain free for at least 3 months.

Hope that helps.
This is fantastic information. Thank you very much. She has seen an ortho doctor and a neurosurgeon and neither mentioned this option.

😆
There's a chance. . .

Vegas after u bust em

5858b4d598dee9e2a376c8454b369477.gif

After this season they needed to be reminded of what a football team looked like.
Hopefully we can keep Huep for as long as we want. It was getting old with all the arrogant pricks we hired the last 15 years . Heupel sure seems to be sincere about building a program the right way.

Tidbits from 2 minute drill....

*No covid complications as of now
*If been vaccinated and no symptoms, won't be tested
*Unvaccinated, subject to routine tests regardless of symptoms, will test 48hrs before kickoff
*Cade did not practice, did stuff on bike, not closing door for him playing
*WR opening....Kaemen Marley no longer with TN program, academics

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back