Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright all you gun enthusiasts, hunters and knowledgable peeps. My wife's brother was in a fatal car accident a few years ago and this gun was in his backseat in his demolished car. I had no idea my mil still had it but she gave it to my wife recently because she had no reason nor desire to hold onto it. It's a Remington 270 and wanted to check into getting it rebuilt. Would it be worth it and where would be a couple of good places to check for parts etc? TIA

@Grand Vol

Didn’t know if you’d be able to help out here?

Reactions: InVOLuntary
If it's a user gun for yourself, and you're a do it your selfer, then glue it. Make sure the fracture/break is clean and do a dry run by wrapping it in some medical guaze and check to make sure it goes back together tightly. You might have to pull away a few splinters to get a good joint but that won't hurt anything. Use a pva type glue or expoy with a slow set time of 20 minutes or more. When dry you can clean up the glue line and sand/stain/finish if desired.

If you want it to look new then it will need a new stock. Most guns you can do this yourself but if it was custom bedded you might need to take it to a gunsmith, looking at $300 to $500. Either way it seems a good investment. If someone or something needs to be shot there's nothing like having an extra gun around.
I will definitely take it to a gunsmith. My wife definitely wants to have it rebuilt if reasonable and give to our son to keep and use. Her deceased brother was an avid deer hunter prior to his untimely death.

I have two grandmothers slipping deeper into dementia and while what I am about to say may sound like a joke, I said it to my wife with all serious intent.

If I start to fade and it gets bad, continue to play games of Tennessee winning so I can carry on with the thought that Tennessee is just beating everyone all the time

Not sure what chiro you have been to, but my wife and I have a great chiro. I was a firm believer they were all quacks before I got married. I have changed that opinion. I am sure that there are plenty of bad ones out there, but if you go to the right one, they can help a great deal.

Last edited:
This didn't happen to Michael Jordan....

FHgRc8xXsAE5Bt0

Christmas day poster!

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I want to ask for prayer for myself, I’ve got a decision to make. I had a ruptured disc repaired in my lower back about 5 years ago. My back is killing me 24/7 now, I cannot get any relief from the pain. I went to the Dr last Thursday and he’s got me on steroids and muscle relaxers for muscle spasms. He’s scheduling a MRI but the x-Ray showed me all I needed to know. My vertebrae are just about bone to bone. He told me that fusion surgery is just about a thing of the past and now the disc replacement is the thing. Has anyone had this procedure done?
Praying for you. May God give you clarity on how to proceed.

I have two grandmothers slipping deeper into dementia and while what I am about to say may sound like a joke, I said it to my wife with all serious intent.

If I start to fade and it gets bad, continue to play games of Tennessee winning so I can carry on with the thought that Tennessee is just beating everyone all the time
Sorry to hear about your Grandmothers.

But, for you it sounds like a Nicolas Sparks movie.

Knowing my luck, family would hire a caretaker. Everything would be set up perfectly down to same copy of newspaper. First morning, smiling she'd say 'Booktime!'DD687798-00D6-47E1-93A3-30FFEAE1D5D3.gif

What a great book. Now come on in...we got you a clown to help you feel better! 2A57E1D8-698F-4D1E-BC25-93497C6ABF10.gif

I want to ask for prayer for myself, I’ve got a decision to make. I had a ruptured disc repaired in my lower back about 5 years ago. My back is killing me 24/7 now, I cannot get any relief from the pain. I went to the Dr last Thursday and he’s got me on steroids and muscle relaxers for muscle spasms. He’s scheduling a MRI but the x-Ray showed me all I needed to know. My vertebrae are just about bone to bone. He told me that fusion surgery is just about a thing of the past and now the disc replacement is the thing. Has anyone had this procedure done?
Prayers for you and your family…. That’s such a difficult decision.

I do yoga 4ish times a week.
You can find videos focused on more of a man style work out.
I’m 52 and in great shape, I wish I had stopped weight training and switched to all body weight in my mid 30s now
High intensity/Low or no weight is also a game changer. Actually re-invigorates the metabolism. Wish I would have done it in my running days.

In casual conversation with a chiropractor I mentioned sensitivity to eating gluten and dairy. He said a proper regimen of adjustments could correct it. Seems legit.
I had one tell my wife that my daughter had pulled 130 pulled muscles in her back…. He changed his story when I called up there and he found out I was a therapist…I know someone that took their kid to one and he put his feet in water with electrodes attached to his skin and in the water….. the water turned brown and the chiro claimed that it was his impurities leaving the body. I do feel that chiros are good at realignments and stress relieving techniques….. They try to do a holistic body approach which is way out of their scope of practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back