Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright all you gun enthusiasts, hunters and knowledgable peeps. My wife's brother was in a fatal car accident a few years ago and this gun was in his backseat in his demolished car. I had no idea my mil still had it but she gave it to my wife recently because she had no reason nor desire to hold onto it. It's a Remington 270 and wanted to check into getting it rebuilt. Would it be worth it and where would be a couple of good places to check for parts etc? TIA
Should be able to get a new stock in the 100-150 range.
Is there any other damage?

@VOLSONLY would dissuade anyone from going under the knife and or using a Chiropractor. Chiro can really damage back. Also, read of instances, rare as I'm sure they are where splintered bone from manipulations can shear connective tissue and damage spine.

No matter, walking has always been the best thing for my lower back. In conjunction with that yoga/pilates stuff. Good luck man.
Not sure what chiro you have been to, but my wife and I have a great chiro. I was a firm believer they were all quacks before I got married. I have changed that opinion. I am sure that there are plenty of bad ones out there, but if you go to the right one, they can help a great deal.

I still cant bring myself to go to a studio. And my SIL owns a studio. But, i'm to point with my back where I'm finna to do it.
I do yoga 4ish times a week.
You can find videos focused on more of a man style work out.
I’m 52 and in great shape, I wish I had stopped weight training and switched to all body weight in my mid 30s now

Not sure what chiro you have been to, but my wife and I have a great chiro. I was a firm believer they were all quacks before I got married. I have changed that opinion. I am sure that there are plenty of bad ones out there, but if you go to the right one, they can help a great deal.
Chiro's and Podiatrists.

Alright all you gun enthusiasts, hunters and knowledgable peeps. My wife's brother was in a fatal car accident a few years ago and this gun was in his backseat in his demolished car. I had no idea my mil still had it but she gave it to my wife recently because she had no reason nor desire to hold onto it. It's a Remington 270 and wanted to check into getting it rebuilt. Would it be worth it and where would be a couple of good places to check for parts etc? TIA
Just Google Remington 700 long action stock.

I want to ask for prayer for myself, I’ve got a decision to make. I had a ruptured disc repaired in my lower back about 5 years ago. My back is killing me 24/7 now, I cannot get any relief from the pain. I went to the Dr last Thursday and he’s got me on steroids and muscle relaxers for muscle spasms. He’s scheduling a MRI but the x-Ray showed me all I needed to know. My vertebrae are just about bone to bone. He told me that fusion surgery is just about a thing of the past and now the disc replacement is the thing. Has anyone had this procedure done?
I wouldn’t encourage surgery for anything, but my father-in law has dealt with lower back pain for 30 years. He finally went under the knife and they built a cage to take pressure of the discs.

He said it was the first time since he’s early 20’s his back hasn’t hurt in some way. Just an alternate perspective, but I’ll be praying 🙏.

I wouldn’t encourage surgery for anything, but my father-in law has dealt with lower back pain for 30 years. He finally went under the knife and they built a cage to take pressure of the discs.

He said it was the first time since he’s early 20’s his back hasn’t hurt in some way. Just an alternate perspective, but I’ll be praying 🙏.
this.

Try Numerich gun parts.com they may have the parts in stock. The gun is well worth trying to repair.

Last edited:
Looks like he's just going off attendance figures for the year and especially increased attendance. 50-60k for an FCS game is actually really impressive imo. Wouldn't have expected that many. That's like most nfl stadiums
Yep and if you’ve ever been to a big time HBCU game……the atmosphere is amazing!

Reactions: Brillovol
Model? 700 adl or bdl?

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Hogue 70001 Rubber OverMolded Stock for Remington, 700 Long Action BDL, W/Pillar Bed

yes. Just like there are bad doctors, etc. I have had bad experiences with both.

Reactions: drvenner

If it's a user gun for yourself, and you're a do it your selfer, then glue it. Make sure the fracture/break is clean and do a dry run by wrapping it in some medical guaze and check to make sure it goes back together tightly. You might have to pull away a few splinters to get a good joint but that won't hurt anything. Use a pva type glue or expoy with a slow set time of 20 minutes or more. When dry you can clean up the glue line and sand/stain/finish if desired.

If you want it to look new then it will need a new stock. Most guns you can do this yourself but if it was custom bedded you might need to take it to a gunsmith, looking at $300 to $500. Either way it seems a good investment. If someone or something needs to be shot there's nothing like having an extra gun around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back